Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
fda248278584363223e7118c57e3944a4972d5d683a451a93cb2fa7ecd28cdf2.jpg

Last edited:

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Dude, take your head out of your ass. In what world are GoW Ragnarok and HFW mediocre? In what planet do you live where you have the balls to imply that Returnal is not a great game?

Again, you can defend or like Starfield without shitting on other games just because your favourite plastic box failed, yet again, to provide you with a GoTY contender.
Do we not dock points for basically releasing the same hit game twice? They did it in both cases and are about to do it again with Spidey 2.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Bugs in every game man.

Not at all. NMS is boring with no quests and no incentive to go travel far.

Buy the game and find out.

I'm buying the game, but my dissapointment is immesurable. The way Microsoft was hyping this game was just as the same as CDPR was hyping Cyberpunk 2077, like it was supposed to be The Last of Us or Resident Evil 4 of this generation.

Spider-Man 2, Final Fantasy XVI, Ghost of Tsushima, Psychonauts 2, all these games were released under player's expectations. Starfield wasn't.

I'm buying knowing i will enjoy it because im a betheda's bitch, but holy shit i was expecting Starfield to at least on par with ToTK and BG3.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm buying the game, but my dissapointment is immesurable. The way Microsoft was hyping this game was just as the same as CDPR was hyping Cyberpunk 2077, like it was supposed to be The Last of Us or Resident Evil 4 of this generation.

Spider-Man 2, Final Fantasy XVI, Ghost of Tsushima, Psychonauts 2, all these games were released under player's expectations. Starfield wasn't.

I'm buying knowing i will enjoy it because im a betheda's bitch, but holy shit i was expecting Starfield to at least on par with ToTK and BG3.
Bethesda has never been that type of studio though.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
all the "space exploration" was Just a smoke and mirrors ilusión, all the promises of Peter hines and todd "you can walk the entire planet, we are simulating a galaxy" all bullshit,and to think people laughed at nsm, at léast nms its fucking miles better in the "explore a galaxy thing" this is just outer worlds with more budget

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
You have to follow Xbots way of play to find Startfield good… IGN didn’t follow it.

Isn't that the opposite of what BGS RPGs are about? LMAO. People talk bout spending hours exploring and not even touching the main quest yet with Fallout and Elder Scrolls. Folks point to this as one of the big appeals of BGS RPGs. Now with Starfield it's "oh no, mainlining the main quest is the best way to play." FOH with these bots. Funny they are. :ROFLMAO:

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023

First of all they made Skyrim which did more for its respective generation than TLOU. I’ll give you RE4 but they should be able to talk big on their game if they’ve previously released generational game changers.

I don’t know about the rest of your post but you’re talking like Bethesda has zero credibility.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
If the games present the same, have the same combat, and the gameplay is largely unchanged then what do you want to me say about it?

How can they be the same when the story is not the same, the gameplay is improved, and combat is actually refined and has more options?

This disingenuous ask that somehow sequels must be very different is something out of a sad console warrior playbook.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Isn't that the opposite of what BGS RPGs are about? LMAO. People talk bout spending hours exploring and not even touching the main quest yet with Fallout and Elder Scrolls. Folks point to this as one of the big appeals of BGS RPGs. Now with Starfield it's "oh no, mainlining the main quest is the best way to play." FOH with these bots. Funny they are. :ROFLMAO:
That just means the main quest is too boring 🤣🤣🤣

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Dark Souls 1,2,3 all shit?
Resident Evil 1,2,3,4 all shit?
Baldurs Gate 3?

They shouldn't bother making Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls 6 or they will dock points 🙄
Resident Evil has had significant changes to its style over the years, not a good example.

Iterative titles are important but so is innovation. Video games are known for pushing the digital bar higher. It is a leading industry. If a sequel simply follows the same formula that earned it critical acclaim previously, I don’t look at that as a glowing badge of honor. I look at it like they just did the same shit twice.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
How can they be the same when the story is not the same, the gameplay is improved, and combat is actually refined and has more options?

This disingenuous ask that somehow sequels must be very different is something out of a sad console warrior playbook.
Sequels should iterate off the previous entry for sure, I expect that. But if you’re going to line a sequel up with a brand new title it must be considered that one is working with a template and the other is not.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Resident Evil has had significant changes to its style over the years, not a good example.

Iterative titles are important but so is innovation. Video games are known for pushing the digital bar higher. It is a leading industry. If a sequel simply follows the same formula that earned it critical acclaim previously, I don’t look at that as a glowing badge of honor. I look at it like they just did the same shit twice.
Being iterative does not make it mediocre, though - that was your original contention. Both of those games were significant advancements on the previous games.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sequels should iterate off the previous entry for sure, I expect that. But if you’re going to line a sequel up with a brand new title it must be considered that one is working with a template and the other is not.

And yet working off a template doesn't make something mediocre. Arguing that Ragnarok or HFW are mediocre because they are sequels is not only dumb, it's wrong. Additionally, the user called all exclusives mediocre, including a little game called Returnal, which was quite enjoyable. Was it goty? Of course not, but can anyone arguing in good faith say it's a mediocre game?