Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
PC performance is absolutely terrible. I thought it was just poorly optimised (and it is) but practically everyone seems to get 30-45fps on medium settings regardless of GPU. I get 30-45 fps in open world in 1440 widescreen, and 60-80 indoors. But this is what people with better CPUs and GPUs get. People with 4070s and 4080s get this performance. It's safe to say the game was rushed, the lack of a great number of basic features shows it. Microsoft probably spent millions in manpower to get this shipped by release and cut everything they could to make that feasible. Steam forums and Nexus Mod commentary show a more honest picture of the state of the PC version that Reddit or reviews, so hopefully this becomes more well known, but if you're on PC Microsoft just fucked you like CD Project Red fucked last gen console players with CP2077 release. You're getting an inferior product because they spent all their time optimising it elsewhere. Parity clause effects us all huh?
Why would you expect technical competence from Bethesda? Especially at launch!

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Isn't this the dude who stalks some kids coming out from a retail?

Yes, I was on twitter at the time. It was surreal. He posted that as some type of proof that Xbox was selling more than PS4.

But he's done so many strange things.... discussing asking his wife if he can buy his 10th Xbox was another one.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Yes, I was on twitter at the time. It was surreal. He posted that as some type of proof that Xbox was selling more than PS4.

But he's done so many strange things.... discussing asking his wife if he can buy his 10th Xbox was another one.
I was a hardcore Bandai fanboy 20 years ago but that level of bootlicking and fanboys is unprecedented.

I only buy the same Gunpla set 9 times, but I drewed the line at 10.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Please refrain from insulting the Staff and Members.
There's a difference between just blindly bashing it and calling spade a spade. Starfield's a decent game with disappointing mechanics/gameplay elements and exploration. It's nowhere near what was advertised. Some of the biggest SM shills and Bethesda fans are critical of exploration. Hell, plenty of videos with bugs are out there. I have it downloaded on the Series X and will play on day one. But all the issues I've seen are very disappointing, especially the space exploration.

Crow here's a well known fanboy that probably subscribes to Xboxinsertsomethinghere.com site ideas that gave it a 10 because it's an exclusive.
Who gave it a 10? Wasn't me lol. This forumn can not talk about fanboys in the slighest. This place is STACKED with them lmaoo. You know it, I know it....Hell even one of the mods let a promoting piracy post stay up because it was a Xbox game lol. Can't make this shit up😂

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Starfield is kinda good. I Still haven't really did too much, yet i have 16 hours in. It is a massive game in terms of stuff to do. My view will change once im done

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Then you are proving my point. There is no way to know what the game is scored like. I mentioned this before it came out. I said it would be damned if it scores high and damned if it scores low.

I'm not running into any bugs but that's MY experience. People post bugs of every game that comes out now because of all the "slacking" developers out there. Remember?

Then tell your friends to stop shitting on a "solid" game. Solid should mean pretty good. Right?
Point 1- I am not proving your point, I am stating that the game scores are a lot higher than they should be. By simple logic, they have been inflated and should be reduced down. That we can both agree on (y)

Point 2 -You're not running into any bugs, I am happy for you, but like I said there are literally hundreds of videos showing the exact opposite of what you are saying. There are reviews stating it and even Bethesda's own CEO says there are many, and for some reason, you are trying to dismiss them. (very Strange)

Point 3 Tell your friends to stop shitting on a solid game? It's a decent game, not a masterpiece, your fragility is showing here.

If you are prepared to let your standards slip that's up to you, for me, that's a big no.