Starfield review embargo date is Thursday August 31st at 9AM PT / 12PM ET / 5PM UK.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
It’s going to take a couple of months to see how good this game really is, once people get their hands on it and dissect it. Many in the gaming media like to overate games in the beginning, for many reasons.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It’s going to take a couple of months to see how good this game really is, once people get their hands on it and dissect it. Many in the gaming media like to overate games in the beginning, for many reasons.
Many also like to shit on games immediately with their bias and move goal posts but then dont dock others for the same reasons or worse. Days Gone was a great game that did open world better than most games (imo of course) but was docked points for bugs that were fixed months later.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
This thread is embarrassing. Already damage controlling and downplaying any success this game will find..
Just stating facts. The codes were sent to the biggest shills in the industry, who just happen to shill for MS. The only one missing is Shillvivor.

Also, really looking forward to the game. The fact that you can't separate criticism from fanboyism says a lot about your mindset. You'd maybe be better off in colt's cult echo chamber.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
You guys should start taking screenshots of tweets instead of posting them directly. You know these shills are getting paid for these tweets right?

I've been banging this drum for years unfortunately people are never going to opt for taking screenshots to preserve tweets and make them more visible because it takes an extra 30 seconds vs pasting a link

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna
OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
This thread is embarrassing. Already damage controlling and downplaying any success this game will find..

Pretty sure a lot of Xbox Websites will give the game high scores, like most console-news website does, but other people also got the game to review

So read reviews from people that arent affilitated with Xbox, unless the game is an incredible buggy mess, it will be at least an 8/10

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

lupumSolitarius

8 Jul 2023
Seems like Gene Park is the only person with a review code who has the same gaming sensibilities as myself. More interested in his opinion over whatever score the game gets.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Id be very surprised to see this review less than 90

Alot of MS’s future depends on how successful this is. They all know it. And we know how they do.
I wonder if it will get judged like other games?

Will it innovative? Or just be Skyrim and Fallout in Space. I mean God of War Ragnarok and Zelda TOTK were called DLC…
Farcry and AC get complaints about just being the same game with different look

Combat?
Walking sim?

We know reviewers hate cinematic games, cutscenes and walking conversations when some studios do it. Im sure it will be fine in Starfield though because Skyrim/Fallout is full of conversations and walking to places to talk to an NPC.…..over and over……followed by average combat… and then talking to NPC………..…….. 10/10

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Lol lets not beat around the bush. I openly admit this game is gonna get special treatment because its an important MS title.
Its ok to have opinions here.
Embarrassing or not, at least they dont get banned for talking there mind here unlike some places

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It seems like they're rolling out the release confidently. Solid 2-3 weeks lead time for reviews, embargo a week ahead of release means they expect positive coverage. I'm interested to know if they're mostly sending Xbox or Steam keys.