Starfield

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
starfield 2.jpeg

Welcome to Iconera's thread to discuss all things Starfield.

As a fan of the Fallout series, I have a particular interest in seeing how this game unfolds.

Unfortunately, as it will no longer be on Playstation I shall not be playing it, however, I do have a good number of friends, especially on this forum that will be giving it a go.

I am going to preface this by saying this thread is for people that are interested in the game and intend to pick it up and play it, ie fans of the game/series.

This thread is; and I repeat this, not a thread for shitting all over Bethesda and Microsoft. If you wish to do that there are many other threads and topics you can do that in.

I am going to be very strict in here and will remove anyone that intends to derail this thread. This thread is for game discussion only.
We all know that this site has a predominantly PlayStation fanbase, i am one of them, in saying that, i want to make sure other groups of gamers have a voice to be heard.

Please be respectful, we are all gamers after all.

Thank you, everyone.

Attachments

• starfield1.jpg
    starfield1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 3
  • starfield1.jpg
    starfield1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 3
  • starfield 1.jpg
    starfield 1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
ok boss on my best behaviour.

restraint-showing-restraint.gif

I can't justify a series x. So might play it through xcloud or if its playable through geforce now on my potatoe laptop after a few patches, probably not this year as i got too much stuff to play through.

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I am definitely going to get into this day1. But I have to admit that my hype is not really super high for it, over other games releasing around it.

Lack of marketing maybe?

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw
OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I am definitely going to get into this day1. But I have to admit that my hype is not really super high for it, over other games releasing around it.

Lack of marketing maybe?
I must admit i am a little bit taken aback by the lack of marketing for this one, maybe it's meant to be starting soon, whatever the reason is, they need to shift a gear and start getting its message out there.

If i was Microsoft i would pay for a big space shuttle prop to be put in Trafalgar Square or next to the Efile Tower, i was going to say put one in New york but with people like @Gamernyc78 in that neck of the woods, it would probably get pinched.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
My bets
  • 8/10 game that will be receiving 9 or 10/10 reviews because Bethesda + Xbox
It can be a 5/10 and this'll still happen. MS has a lot riding on this and it'll pay out the ass for good reviews. Just watch everyone bending over backwards to praise it while ignoring issues.

As I said before, I'll get it on GP but will buy a physical version if it turns out to be good. From what I've seen I'll like it, as long as there are no game breaking bugs.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
As I said before, I'll get it on GP but will buy a physical version if it turns out to be good. From what I've seen I'll like it, as long as there are no game breaking bugs.

Contrary to my normal policy of acquiring a physical or digital version of a game if I really like it on subscription, I'm not giving MS one more cent. Once I'm done, which should take a few weeks, I'm cancelling gamepass.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Contrary to my normal policy of acquiring a physical or digital version of a game if I really like it on subscription, I'm not giving MS one more cent. Once I'm done, which should take a few weeks, I'm cancelling gamepass.
Yeah, I have it until the end of the year and I'm not renewing. Wasn't really worth it lately.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'll be giving it a shot. I won't finish it if I have to force it as it will be too big of a game, but I'm giving it an honest chance.

Reactions: Sircaw

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's from a company who is actively trying to do anti-competitive, ergo anti-consumer, things.

So hard pass.

Balder's Gate 3 will wipe the floor with it in terms of depth, RPG mechanics, and graphics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nhomnhom

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Really, really hope the game leaves up to the hype, im a huge bethesda fan...

but knowing bethesda it will be a 8/10 game that will be nearly unplayable on consoles.

Balder's Gate 3 will wipe the floor with it in terms of depth, RPG mechanics, and graphics.

Honestly, it will hard for any other release to top it other than ToTK

Reactions: Frozone
OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It's from a company who is actually trying to do anti-competitive, ergo anti-consumer, things.

So hard pass.

I do wonder if any games this year will touch the excellence of Balder's Gate, they really have set a high bar, an almost unattainable bar.

Reactions: Frozone and Ezekiel

Edmund

25 Apr 2023
I'll get starfield 3-4 years down the road (or longer) when the bugs are fixed and it's on sale for $20 or less on steam or on cdkeys. I'm not in a hurry as I'm mostly a fighting game player and I have too much on my backlog.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the game when I get around to playing it!

Reactions: Kokoloko and Sircaw

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
My bets
  • 8/10 game that will be receiving 9 or 10/10 reviews because Bethesda + Xbox
  • Buggy as shit
  • Even more mechanics stolen from No Mans Sky
  • Can't hold a candle to Baldurs Gate 3, but will be hailed as the best RPG of the year
I'll be playing it on release btw.
Considering Skyrim was a 7, FO4 a 6, I'm expecting a solid 5 from Starfield.