Starfield

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
1eie7f.jpg

20ndg3.jpg

My genuine sympathies to anyone who thinks Starfield isn't going to be an utter juggernaut.
My genuine sympathies for your ban from GAF which had you crawling back here

OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
My genuine appreciation for my fans who hang on my actions both here and off-site ❤️
Welcome back @adamsapple, Long time no see.

Anything, in particular, you're looking forward to with Starfield,

I am really looking forward to the new perk system and what new companions are about. I want a droid that flies about, aka like a borg ship cube that tries to assimilate things.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

That's the thing about BGS RPGs, there's no single thing. It's an overall sense of world and lore.

For example, Skyrim's main quest is arguably one of the weakest ones in the game. The Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild even the Companions are more immersive and rewarding. I'm looking forward to the galaxy spanning factions and their own dedicated quest lines as much as the main pseudo-narrative.

OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
That's the thing about BGS RPGs, there's no single thing. It's an overall sense of world and lore.

For example, Skyrim's main quest is arguably one of the weakest ones in the game. The Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild even the Companions are more immersive and rewarding. I'm looking forward to the galaxy spanning factions and their own dedicated quest lines as much as the main pseudo-narrative.
I think Easter eggs could be pretty amazing in the game.

Imagine finding Neil Armstrong's footprints on a distant moon, or the lunar Buggy, that would be so cool.

Reactions: Frozone

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
1eie7f.jpg

My genuine sympathies to anyone who thinks Starfield isn't going to be an utter juggernaut.
Xbox one seriously? There is another ranking for Xbox Series and it's at number 8, nothing is selling on Xbox One anyway. Red Dead Redemption is actually higher than Starfield right now so it's an old screenshot.

On Series, Madden is number 1, Starfield number 2 and it tells you only 1k was sold in the last month which is terrible. The premium upgrade is at number 3 and only 700 bought it.

Screenshot_20230813_110527_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20230813_110505_Amazon Shopping.jpg

You're bragging about small awful numbers. Imagine bragging about PS4 sales in this day and age 🤡

Is this the kind of post we'll have to deal with your return?
Serious The Four GIF by Diddy

OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Dev QA next week

F3GxCFCXoB4qf-n

-

Global marketing

-

The hype and anticipation is unreal. This is gonna be the ur-game for the rest of the year, easily.

I am looking forward to seeing this game but the hype has 100% not been unreal, I have not seen any ads for it anywhere, not on tv, not on youtube, nowhere.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I am looking forward to seeing this game but the hype has 100% not been unreal, I have not seen any ads for it anywhere, not on tv, not on youtube, nowhere.

I think you're browsing with ad block lol, the game has ads all over the forums, instagram, tiktok etc and its already got the store, bus ads etc as well.

The marketing is there, the "where's the marketing" is nothing but an outdated meme.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly
OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I think you're browsing with ad block lol, the game has ads all over the forums, instagram, tiktok etc and its already got the store, bus ads etc as well.

The marketing is there, the "where's the marketing" is nothing but an outdated meme.

Very strange i often watch youtube on my ps5, i get game pass adds now and again but not once have i seen a starfield ad.

Reactions: FIREK2029

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
We will likely see a repeat of the Halo Infinite situation wherein it came out to good reviews, lots of shilling and support from fans, and 6 months later everyone turns around and admits they hate the open world, the campaign sucks, the multiplayer is horrible and broken. Trying to find negative reviews of HI on launch was impossible yet all the flaws that currently exist were present then. But this is much the same for how Bethesda games are reviewed: great acclaim, then years later the 20h video essays point out all the problems that nobody bothered to mention.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022

I am really looking forward to the new perk system and what new companions are about. I want a droid that flies about, aka like a borg ship cube that tries to assimilate things.
I'm not sure what I want yet. I know so little about the game and it's content. I like going in totally blind though. Should be one hellofa ride.

Reactions: Sircaw

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022

Very good point. I appreciated Skyrim's Brotherhood faction quests the most as opposed to the main story, but that final battle with the dragons was still epic.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
We will likely see a repeat of the Halo Infinite situation wherein it came out to good reviews, lots of shilling and support from fans, and 6 months later everyone turns around and admits they hate the open world, the campaign sucks, the multiplayer is horrible and broken. Trying to find negative reviews of HI on launch was impossible yet all the flaws that currently exist were present then. But this is much the same for how Bethesda games are reviewed: great acclaim, then years later the 20h video essays point out all the problems that nobody bothered to mention.
No way. Bethsoft *does* deliver good games. Halo isn't on the same level and the goals are totally different. Halo is mainly for MP just like COD, etc.. this game is single player only. Should be pretty damn good. That's not to say it won't have bugs. That's my main fear.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Very good point. I appreciated Skyrim's Brotherhood faction quests the most as opposed to the main story, but that final battle with the dragons was still epic.

Have you seen the recent game play clips? The games shooting mechanics look as good as any modern FPS game, a huge turnaround for BGS compared to Fallout 4.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
No way. Bethsoft *does* deliver good games. Halo isn't on the same level and the goals are totally different. Halo is mainly for MP just like COD, etc.. this game is single player only. Should be pretty damn good. That's not to say it won't have bugs. That's my main fear.
You're wrong on every front here. Halo is not "mainly" for MP, it was a large part of the game but Master Chief, Cortana, the stories, campaign coop, are equally as important and central to what Halo was as much as MP. Microsoft and 343 thought the story was important enough they could sell it standalone, without any coop, for $60.
As to your point about Bethesda delivering good games: do you mean over a decade ago? FO76 was a trashfire, FO4 is widely disliked even by casual gamers who play it but admit it is a step down, non-casual gamers realise both 3 and 4 are inferior to FNV. Skyrim, another oft toted masterpiece by Bethesda, is garbage by every meaningful metric. I can point you to this video if you're interested in learning why.
If it isn't obvious to you that the standards of Bethesda's games are, and have declined, massively since Morrowind I don't know what to say except enjoy going through multiple loading screens to mine some ore on an empty planet a few hundred times next month. "Another colony needs your help galactic dragonborn."

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Have you seen the recent game play clips? The games shooting mechanics look as good as any modern FPS game, a huge turnaround for BGS compared to Fallout 4.
Do you have any full combat gameplay videos you can share? Full as in no cuts, just straight up gameplay like the Cyberpunk gameplay footage they shared a few months before release. I don't think I've seen a video of a single battle or dungeon, beginning to end, in Starfield yet.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Big launch event planned, can't wait. The hype is palpable.

Do you have any full combat gameplay videos you can share? Full as in no cuts, just straight up gameplay like the Cyberpunk gameplay footage they shared a few months before release. I don't think I've seen a video of a single battle or dungeon, beginning to end, in Starfield yet.

No, and at this point so close to the release, I don't want an hour long walk through, I want to discover everything myself. There are plenty of small game play clips showing combat mechanics around to have an idea of what the gun play looks like.