Starfield

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
You're wrong on every front here. Halo is not "mainly" for MP, it was a large part of the game but Master Chief, Cortana, the stories, campaign coop, are equally as important and central to what Halo was as much as MP. Microsoft and 343 thought the story was important enough they could sell it standalone, without any coop, for $60.
That may have been the case when Halo first came out but right now people don't play it for the story. It's garbage. People play it for the MP just like they play Destiny.

As to your point about Bethesda delivering good games: do you mean over a decade ago? FO76 was a trashfire, FO4 is widely disliked even by casual gamers who play it but admit it is a step down, non-casual gamers realise both 3 and 4 are inferior to FNV. Skyrim, another oft toted masterpiece by Bethesda, is garbage by every meaningful metric. I can point you to this video if you're interested in learning why.
If it isn't obvious to you that the standards of Bethesda's games are, and have declined, massively since Morrowind I don't know what to say except enjoy going through multiple loading screens to mine some ore on an empty planet a few hundred times next month. "Another colony needs your help galactic dragonborn."
Not to get into a hissy cat fight here, I'll refrain from arguing. Hopefully you will be proven wrong when the game comes out.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So much hype that It can't surpass free to play games and the Steam Deck in the top charts by revenue:

JMMxdvu.png

So much hype that (as of me posting this comment) it's not even in amazon.com top 100 video game charts

So much hype that it's sitting at #22 when we narrow to Series games and accessories.

Fah1uEL.png

So much hype that it's standing side-by-side with a Cooling Fan

rFB6ZFC.png

So much hype that
Whereas
So much hype yet one 2 month gameplay reveal trailer has more views than 3! main trailers for the most hyped game in the Milky Way and beyond.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
So much hype that It can't surpass free to play games and the Steam Deck in the top charts by revenue:

JMMxdvu.png

So much hype that (as of me posting this comment) it's not even in amazon.com top 100 video game charts

So much hype that it's sitting at #22 when we narrow to Series games and accessories.

Fah1uEL.png

So much hype that it's standing side-by-side with a Cooling Fan

rFB6ZFC.png

So much hype that
Whereas
So much hype yet one 2 month gameplay reveal trailer has more views than 3! main trailers for the most hyped game in the Milky Way and beyond.
😂😂🤣🤣 this puts it into perspective how much the Xbox/GamePass affiliation has killed the hype for this game. I remember when Skyrim and Fallout 4 were coming out, it actually felt eventful. No one can deny that the Xbox stench is real. I kind of feel bad for Bethesda

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
I am going to preface this by saying this thread is for people that are interested in the game and intend to pick it up and play it, ie fans of the game/series.

This thread is; and I repeat this, not a thread for shitting all over Bethesda and Microsoft. If you wish to do that there are many other threads and topics you can do that in.

I am going to be very strict in here and will remove anyone that intends to derail this thread. This thread is for game discussion only.
Well, so much for that idea.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Yup, I have. Although I'm a melee gamer by heart.

Third or first person ?

JMMxdvu.png

The irony that even in that picture you can see it jumping 14 places up just based on pre-purchases, almost a month before its actual release, is not lost on anyone :ROFLMAO:

It's really weird to see a subset of people have all their hopes and dreams penned on a game not being successful. Sadje.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
this is the only reason I bought a Series X but we're nearly two/three weeks away form release and I am very worried

Reactions: Sircaw

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The irony that even in that picture you can see it jumping 14 places up just based on pre-purchases, almost a month before its actual release, is not lost on anyone :ROFLMAO:

For the most hyped game of all time (per Xbots), it will be easily outsold by Baldur's Gate 3. For the best RPG of all time (per Xbots), it won't even be a proper RPG (like pretty much every Bethesda "RPG" since Morrowind).

It's really weird to see a subset of people have all their hopes and dreams penned on a game not being successful. Sadje.

It's really weird to see you constantly shilling for a company you don't even (directly) work for. Sadje.

OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
this is the only reason I bought a Series X but we're nearly two/three weeks away form release and I am very worried
i personally would not worry too much if the game ends up flopping on release, the true power of these type of games are in their modding community.

I am not sure how the xbox console works in terms of modding but i am confident in the PC modders will end up making hundreds if not thousands of mods in the future of the game.

In five years' time, i would think the game would have entire new modded DLC and conversions for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: anonpuffs
OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Especially bug fixes.
Going on past experiences, there will be many, i remember Fallout 4 on release on consoles, it was not good, the game ended up being pretty smooth with the last patch it got, there were still some crazy bugs in it though.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
For the most hyped game of all time (per Xbots), it will be easily outsold by Baldur's Gate 3

I didn't realize the game was already out and had finished its life cycle.

Tell us more chief concerns-a-lot

For the best RPG of all time (per Xbots), it won't even be a proper RPG (like pretty much every Bethesda "RPG" since Morrowind).

I think you're confusing this with the FF16 thread with all this "won't be a proper RPG" jibberish mate :ROFLMAO:

It's really weird to see you constantly shilling for a company you don't even (directly) work for. Sadje.

You wrote that in the hype thread of a game you don't have any real interest in. :ROFLMAO:

Very sadje.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I didn't realize the game was already out and had finished its life cycle.

Tell us more chief concerns-a-lot

As per usual, nothing to add.

I think you're confusing this with the FF16 thread with all this "won't be a proper RPG" jibberish mate :ROFLMAO:

Whataboutism, another Adamsnipple special. I don't give two fucks about FF16, don't own the game, don't want to play the game, so this is completely irrelevant. The fact is that compared with proper RPGs, bethesda games are seriously lacking. Baldur's Gate 3 just puts the nail in the coffin of superficial RPG shite from Bethesda, CDPR, and others.

You wrote that in the hype thread of a game you don't have any real interest in. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, no interest in, which is why I've hit the "pre-download" button in the Xbox App on my desktop. Funny enough, it pre-downloaded a 10mb file only, but that's probably on Xbox and their (lack of) competence. I'm sure it will download the full thing at some point.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
As per usual, nothing to add.

Yes, I imagine you won't have anything to add since your original point is comparing sales of a game already out, in early access for 3 years no less, with one that isn't even out yet.

(y)

Whataboutism, another Adamsnipple special. I don't give two fucks about FF16, don't own the game, don't want to play the game, so this is completely irrelevant. The fact is that compared with proper RPGs, bethesda games are seriously lacking. Baldur's Gate 3 just puts the nail in the coffin of superficial RPG shite from Bethesda, CDPR, and others.

Good for you, no one expects to play a modern Bethesda RPG and have a turn based experience, you're comparing two completely different kinds of games, no doubt for the express purpose of fanboy-drivel. Not surprising.

Yes, no interest in, which is why I've hit the "pre-download" button in the Xbox App on my desktop. Funny enough, it pre-downloaded a 10mb file only, but that's probably on Xbox and their (lack of) competence. I'm sure it will download the full thing at some point.

And to think there's people who were saying earlier there's no hype for this, even you are looking forward to playing it day 1.

-

The first BGS single player RPG in almost a decade, can't wait. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• haha

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yes, I imagine you won't have anything to add since your original point is comparing sales of a game already out, in early access for 3 years no less, with one that isn't even out yet.

The game in early access for 3 years is the most sold game on steam. That's even more impressive.

Good for you, no one expects to play a modern Bethesda RPG and have a turn based experience, you're comparing two completely different kinds of games, no doubt for the express purpose of fanboy-drivel. Not surprising.

Where did I say you should expect a turn based experience? Are we now moving from Whataboutism to Strawman?

And to think there's people who were saying earlier there's no hype for this, even you are looking forward to playing it day 1.

I'm not looking forward to playing it day 1, I'm looking forward to playing it. I'm pre-loading the game because if I want to play on release, I can. Again you lie and put words in my keyboard, it's quite impressive. Like with Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, I also predict that I will not enjoy this game.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
The game in early access for 3 years is the most sold game on steam. That's even more impressive.

And a game that isn't even out yet is already climbing to the top, the second highest paid-game already, not including the free-to-play stuff.

Impressive.

Where did I say you should expect a turn based experience? Are we now moving from Whataboutism to Strawman?

I think we already crossed strawman with the "not my RPG" commentary :ROFLMAO:

I'm not looking forward to playing it day 1, I'm looking forward to playing it. I'm pre-loading the game because if I want to play on release, I can. Again you lie and put words in my keyboard, it's quite impressive. Like with Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, I also predict that I will not enjoy this game.

Lie and put words ? mate you're the one whose talking about already having the pre-load ready, what else are people supposed to decipher from that :ROFLMAO:

You have a very weird ultra-defensive style of posting where if someone doesn't decipher the exact nature of your cryptic posts, you accuse them of lying and putting words in your mouth. Trust me, no one has any interest in doing that. (y)

-

Now then, if you're done with the pettiness, let's get back to Starfield.

@Frozone

check this out, looks like the game is already being played.

F3f8VZXacAAni1c

• haha