Status
Not open for further replies.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Xyph6dvBi9oydZYwPdcP4C.jpg
Starfield
is an upcoming action role-playing video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks.

The game is scheduled to be released in the first half of 2023 for PC and Xbox Series X/S.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
I cannot get past the feeling that this is a bad Fallout re-skin, with different zones you can travel to AKA "planets". The only thing is it looks worse than Fallout/Fallout 76 and that engine cannot carry all the action in the game.

Give it 3-4 years and community modding and it should be almost ok.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I'm no Bethesda games fan (still have to give Skyrim a go, though) because of how boring Fallout 3&4 were for me.

But I'm going to give this a chance on PC (after a few months of bug fixing and improvements), as The Expanse really wanted me to play a game in it's universe, and have hopes Starfield will be close to that.

But I was honestly disappointed at how unimpressive the gameplay footage looked from a technical point of view and also a bit from the gameplay perspective, especially the No Man's Sky like scanning & resources gathering.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
But I was honestly disappointed at how unimpressive the gameplay footage looked from a technical point of view and also a bit from the gameplay perspective, especially the No Man's Sky like scanning & resources gathering.
GENERALLY stuff like that is mostly optional in Bethesda RPGs. Anything resource gathering related ties into crafting; as you probably know in FO4 for instance things like the building camps mechanic required lots of parts/resources but you could mostly ignore it aside from having to built a few beds and turrets for the early missions.

They are RPGs afterall. Not hardcore ones, but still RPGs, so if you want to be a "crafting" heavy character you can do it, and that's when needing resources comes into play.

That's my hope for much of what they showed; they barely touched on the "it's also a Bethesda RPG" parts in their big reveal.... but if they follow what they did for FO4 all of this new stuff is actually not that big of a deal, and the main game is still an RPG.

But if FO3/4 bored you then yeah not sure they will grab you with this game. Skyrim is better to me, but unless you like being an archer it also can kind of suck. But Skyrim is by far their best "World/map" with the most interesting sets of characters. Having multiple "races" for instance right from the start makes it more interesting than the humans/ghouls of Fallout to me.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75 and arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
GENERALLY stuff like that is mostly optional in Bethesda RPGs. Anything resource gathering related ties into crafting; as you probably know in FO4 for instance things like the building camps mechanic required lots of parts/resources but you could mostly ignore it aside from having to built a few beds and turrets for the early missions.

They are RPGs afterall. Not hardcore ones, but still RPGs, so if you want to be a "crafting" heavy character you can do it, and that's when needing resources comes into play.

That's my hope for much of what they showed; they barely touched on the "it's also a Bethesda RPG" parts in their big reveal.... but if they follow what they did for FO4 all of this new stuff is actually not that big of a deal, and the main game is still an RPG.

But if FO3/4 bored you then yeah not sure they will grab you with this game. Skyrim is better to me, but unless you like being an archer it also can kind of suck. But Skyrim is by far their best "World/map" with the most interesting sets of characters. Having multiple "races" for instance right from the start makes it more interesting than the humans/ghouls of Fallout to me.

My experience with FO is the reason I never "dared" to start Skyrim, although I have it installed for ages. I think I would like it, even if it looks dated now and will give it a go soon - if I manage to work through my backlog a bit.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
My experience with FO is the reason I never "dared" to start Skyrim, although I have it installed for ages. I think I would like it, even if it looks dated now and will give it a go soon - if I manage to work through my backlog a bit.
Definitely play Skyrim at some stage, it's really good and I am not much of a Bethesda fan..... but that was great.

Reactions: arvfab

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Definitely play Skyrim at some stage, it's really good and I am not much of a Bethesda fan..... but that was great.
I don't think it's aged well though. But the soundtrack makes it worth playing IMO. Still one of the all time great gaming soundtracks.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I don't think it's aged well though. But the soundtrack makes it worth playing IMO. Still one of the all time great gaming soundtracks.

For sure, even if it's a bit underwhelming when you translate the words! haha

It sounds impressive in whatever language it is. Dragonborn language!

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I was for sure planning my XSX purchase around this game, but i came away really unimpressed by the presentation. I’m sure it will be baseline good, i even enjoyed Fallout 4 despite it feeling uninspired as hell.

I’m a sucker for BGS RPG’s but i dont see myself spending 500+ on this right now. I will probably just wait for current gen xbox to build up its library more and get the mid-gen refresh and this will just be one of the first games I’ll play on it

OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
game is in development from 2015, and what they showed, it was poor at best and disaster at worst.
game was running less than 24 way too many times. whole gameplay showcase was glued together from so many pieces, this game looked too buggy and glitchy. they couldn't even make full clip from one game section.
i wouldn't even be surprised if the game won't came out til 2024. unless of course, it is Fallout 76 sequel because it looks like one.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Right? Microsoft can keep this lame-o exclusive. I heard there's no infinite space travel either? For that I can just play No Man's Sky.
It's a Western RPG not a space sim.

I continue to find these comments odd lol Bethesda has been adding things to their formula like the camp building in FO4, but the main game is still going to be a WRPG not a space exploration game or a space sim.

The closest comparison is probably the Mass Effect series not No Mans Sky.

OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

I continue to find these comments odd lol Bethesda has been adding things to their formula like the camp building in FO4, but the main game is still going to be a WRPG not a space exploration game or a space sim.

yes, they creating 1000, but you know, it is not about exploration :D yeah, right.
Space game, but not about space. you can't make excuses for some parts and not other parts. why he is with spacesuit? why use gravity? and etc.. according to you, it is not space sim, so why follow the trend? why do what was associated with space and space sim then?
yeah, really odd comments.

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
yes, they creating 1000, but you know, it is not about exploration :D yeah, right.
Space game, but not about space. you can't make excuses for some parts and not other parts. why he is with spacesuit? why use gravity? and etc.. according to you, it is not space sim, so why follow the trend? why do what was associated with space and space sim then?
yeah, really odd comments.
If you want a game about space which doesn't have a lot of "space" in it, just locations in "space" where you can travel to, you're better off with The Outer Worlds.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

As long as you know you'll enjoy it, that's the main thing. TBH even the idea of a more realistic NMS (Not saying thats what it is) is quite appealing to me.

Not saying there weren't issues with what they showed but there is definitely potential and they have loads of time.

All the upgrading and building sounds like the type of thing that would be very addictive too

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I will play Starfield Day 1 for the story. I didn't care much for Skyrim but Fallout 3 and New Vegas were awesome. I'm hoping the main quests are at that level at least. Don't care for the ship and space exploration 🤓

I know people made fun of the graphics but I thought they were fine (besides that cross-eyed wooden Barbie).

Reactions: Bryank75

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
As long as you know you'll enjoy it, that's the main thing. TBH even the idea of a more realistic NMS (Not saying thats what it is) is quite appealing to me.

Not saying there weren't issues with what they showed but there is definitely potential and they have loads of time.

All the upgrading and building sounds like the type of thing that would be very addictive too

I just expect them to be so different they will be hard to compare. Just as Destiny is hard to compare to No Mans Sky despite both games involving owning space ships and going to different planets.

The dogfighting can be compared obviously once the games are out; some of the exploration aspects can be compared. But No Mans Sky has an infinite universe because that is core to the concept of the game. It does not have major cities and tons of storylines / side missions / etc. which will be the true core of Starfield.

I think it's perfectly fair to compare the like aspects, but ignoring that at their core they aren't even CLOSE to the same genre just seems ridiculous to me. There is no WRPG hidden inside of No Mans Sky, or Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous or any of the other games I've seen it oddly equated with as though that's how we should judge it.

It would be rather ridiculous for me to show up in a No Mans Sky thread and complain about the lack of it being a WRPG so why is it not considered ridiculous to complain Starfield isn't No Mans Sky when it comes to space travel? In the same sense you could compare the shooting of Destiny to the shooting of Starfield, but they are still in different genres w/ different expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.