Starfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Popular thread was being pushed down by new less popular ones....

Enjoy your Starfield discussion!

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I just expect them to be so different they will be hard to compare. Just as Destiny is hard to compare to No Mans Sky despite both games involving owning space ships and going to different planets.

The dogfighting can be compared obviously once the games are out; some of the exploration aspects can be compared. But No Mans Sky has an infinite universe because that is core to the concept of the game. It does not have major cities and tons of storylines / side missions / etc. which will be the true core of Starfield.

I think it's perfectly fair to compare the like aspects, but ignoring that at their core they aren't even CLOSE to the same genre just seems ridiculous to me. There is no WRPG hidden inside of No Mans Sky, or Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous or any of the other games I've seen it oddly equated with as though that's how we should judge it.

It would be rather ridiculous for me to show up in a No Mans Sky thread and complain about the lack of it being a WRPG so why is it not considered ridiculous to complain Starfield isn't No Mans Sky when it comes to space travel? In the same sense you could compare the shooting of Destiny to the shooting of Starfield, but they are still in different genres w/ different expectations.

Gave you the Founder tag!

• fire
Reactions: IntentionalPun
D

Deleted member 13

Of course I'm going to pick this up. I hope that the framerate improves as it's literally game-breaking for me. I'd like to compare it to NMS even though it's a single player experience.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Darth Vader

Master of the Dark Side
18 Jun 2022
Changed the thread prefix to Xbox. I know this is an Xbox and PC game, however I think we can consider these Xbox games.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Of course I'm going to pick this up. I hope that the framerate improves as it's literally game-breaking for me. I'd like to compare it to NMS even though it's a single player experience.

I mean it's gonna have plenty of config options on PC to get a framerate you desire on your hardware. Considering 40 series cards will be out by then, if you have the means I don't see why you won't be playing at 60FPS on PC.

Reactions: Three

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sleep Yawn GIF

• haha
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
I expected it to look worse,still looks bad. Not into Bethesda games at all.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yeah those flat painted on texture trees are nintendo level embarrassing. The rest of the environments look good though
Even the rest of the environment looks really bad to me, to be honest.
  • The shadows are of really low quality and don't cast properly.
  • 30 FPS, yet no ray tracing.
  • Very low-quality textures.
  • Assets clipping everywhere.
  • Even a last-gen Death Stranding had higher-level terrain assets than the next-gen exclusive Starfield.
  • Poor facial and character assets.
This was just a very poor showing across the board; I see no redeeming quality -- graphically, at least.

D

Deleted member 13

I mean it's gonna have plenty of config options on PC to get a framerate you desire on your hardware. Considering 40 series cards will be out by then, if you have the means I don't see why you won't be playing at 60FPS on PC.
I'm one of those oddballs that love visuals over FPS. If the game chokes at FPS with all options on Ultra, I"ll have to limit the FPS to 30 (unfortunately).

Deleted member 131

Retired Athlete
VIP
28 Jun 2022
I can't wait for this game for PC as I bet it runs like shit on the consoles.

I don't care much how it looks just let me explore with ships I built from bases I built and I am all in.

Side note on this before Ybarra ever left Xbox he told me a couple of times one thing Todd wanted was an even more powerful console to launch with his precious Starfield. Now that info is obviously a couple of years old so take it with however much salt is required

Status
Not open for further replies.