State of Play Feb, 6th |OT| SOP will focus on FF VII Rebirth & more. 🔥 FF 7 Rebirth demo out now! (49 GB). |UP| New Interview

Will you watch the State of Play?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No, i don't want to spoil myself

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
6FWKCVl.jpeg

I'm sold

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Just had the time to check it all out. Got a couple thoughts that stuck out to me.

From least important to most important and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff here already but here goes:

-Mini game looks great and varied
-Friendship system and skill tree/special abilities look like something VERY worthwhile to do both in terms of flavour but also gameplay wise, it looks great.
-Music to be bangers again
-I had concerns about the side content being too "JRPG" aka of low value, but it seems like there's a strong effort to have varied side content that just isn't "Hey kill 10 X for 5k Gil. Why? I dunno, its to pad out the game".
-Similarly, the field abilities and exploration looks like it will give a bit of excitement instead of just running around.
-Combat had a substantial evolution and the roster has expanded, this makes the content more fun to explore for longer, which considering the game's length, this was a good combination.

-The game is a HUGE and is a LOOKER.
It really looks like their acquired experience with Unreal Engine from the first game + Intergrade is paying off here.
This isn't just PS5 horsepower, there's a clear mastery at play here.

This has the potential to be the highest rated FF game since forever(non-MMOs).
Square Enix seems to think so considering their embargo lifting 7 days before launch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Never I've imagined in my life, that FFVII Remake Part 2 scale turned out not to be another FFXIII-2, but FFXVII LOL 🤣. This is the most AAA Final Fantasy has ever looked man 🔥🔥🔥.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Never I've imagined in my life, that FFVII Remake Part 2 scale turned out not to be another FFXIII-2, but FFXVII LOL 🤣. This is the most AAA Final Fantasy has ever looked man 🔥🔥🔥.

It looks like 50x the game we got with FF16 in both budget and scale. This trailer showed me a jrpg doin open world western rpg stuff, including dating tifa, super mario gimmick exploration to persona confidant levels.

There’s a lot going on. The scale turns me away a bit as im kinda over 200 hour games but … this is what ps5 final fantasy should be and not what 16 delivered.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
It looks like 50x the game we got with FF16 in both budget and scale. This trailer showed me a jrpg doin open world western rpg stuff, including dating tifa, super mario gimmick exploration to persona confidant levels.

There’s a lot going on. The scale turns me away a bit as im kinda over 200 hour games but … this is what ps5 final fantasy should be and not what 16 delivered.
TBH the FFXVI demo is probably the best section of an FF game of all time IMO

It fell off quite a lot in later areas unfortunately

I still think that FFXVI team has the capability to deliver something incredible

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

I still think that FFXVI team has the capability to deliver something incredible

I don’t mind seeing a sequel from them with the same tone vs the more outrageous anime style of FF7. I expect to see it — even if I did find 16 to be a huge disappointment overall. I still prefer that direction but it needs a ton of work and depth…

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

They can, it just dissapointing that they need to go with small scale game for the first take like XVI and Remake, before building it up like what Remake team did to Rebirth 🤣.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I don’t mind seeing a sequel from them with the same tone vs the more outrageous anime style of FF7. I expect to see it — even if I did find 16 to be a huge disappointment overall. I still prefer that direction but it needs a ton of work and depth…
Yeah. It could have used some more time polishing. Later parts of the game and side missions felt a bit thrown together like they needed to pad the run time compared to the start which felt perfect to me

Lean more into the hard mature tone that is presented in the first few hours rather than the Anime tone it devolves into with people coming back from the dead and hooded kingdom hearts looking characters and underdeveloped deities