State of Play, focused on indie and third-party titles from around the world

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Where's the first party gaaames, man?

*edit* I'm ready for 30min of Foamstars baby!
I blame all the fruit cakes hollering "soony" and complaining that Sony was showing games too far out. It was complete bs bcus thts what shows are for but because of that gaining traction now their holding games several years out close to their chests. I tell you some gamers are a bunch of bitches and now we all suffer.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
This is cool, a Sony State of Play AND a Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

And people are complaining!

Just expect nothing so if you see something you like, you'll be happy. It works for me.

“Keep your expectations low, boy, and you’ll never be disappointed.”

Kratos knows what’s up.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Ah, this is the one who said that Sony was going to have a second PlayStation Showcase this year. But I don't remember him mentioning that was supposed to be in September.

In any case, it's clearly a low tier SoP with only already announced indies, PSVR2 and 3rd parties just to fulfill some marketing deals.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Ah, this is the one who said that Sony was going to have a second PlayStation Showcase this year. But I don't remember him mentioning that was supposed to be in September.

In any case, it's clearly a low tier SoP with only already announced indies, PSVR2 and 3rd parties just to fulfill some marketing deals.
is going to be interesting the reception to it anyway.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Btw is it just me or has Playstation been aligning their SoPs with Nintendo Directs lately? Can you imagine if Sony and Nintendo 1st party studios collab'ed on a game?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Just Give Us a stellar Blade Release Date, i couldn't care less about indies

It's only going to be 27 Minutes

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Basically nothing new and will be pointless. After the last show which was awful after a year plus of waiting, I was hoping for something big.

Nintendo tomorrow is gonna show them hows its done

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They have many games with a 2023 or early 2024 date that need a release date trailer like Stellar Blade, Helldivers 2, Little Devil Inside.

There's also some big 3rd party blockbusters that may have a marketing deal with Sony like Avatar, The Crew Motorfest, Lords of the Fallen, AC Mirage, MK1, Alan Wake 2 etc.

And well, it's also time for a Spider-Man 2 launch trailer.

I assume we'll see good news but no surprises or announcements, and mostly no first party.

No if they show and annouce multiple new 1st party games from the main studios and 3rd party exclusives people will be happy

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Basically nothing new and will be pointless. After the last show which was awful after a year plus of waiting, I was hoping for something big.

Nintendo tomorrow is gonna show them hows its done
Nah, Nintendo often times have some bs, mediocre shows save one game or two. Idk how tomorrow's is going to be but they definitely not the blueprint for me. Yes, they have their loyal fans but to me leave much to be desired generally. But hey I'm a guy tht thinks botw was 7/10.at best and forced myself to finish it.