Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Work From Home Sleeping GIF

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

LOL I think you guys can skip this SOP and just watch the trailers after instead 🤣.
I'm thinking probably Stellar Blade and FF7 Rebirth since PlayStation's German account tweeted about those games then deleted the tweets, but the leaker they're referring to is Speshal Nick, the Xbox fanboy with a record only slightly better than Tidux, so take that as you will. Either way I'm not watching live, I'll read about the highlights tomorrow night lol. This feels like one of those gens where you just have to disengage from forums and social media and take a break to keep from getting sucked into all the BS.

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I'm thinking probably Stellar Blade and FF7 Rebirth since PlayStation's German account tweeted about those games then deleted the tweets, but the leaker they're referring to is Speshal Nick, the Xbox fanboy with a record only slightly better than Tidux, so take that as you will. Either way I'm not watching live, I'll read about the highlights tomorrow night lol. This feels like one of those gens where you just have to disengage from forums and social media and take a break to keep from getting sucked into all the BS.

People are losing their shit, and then you have people claiming sonys first party games aren’t a big deal.

The lack of news or updates on their studios are driving people insane. Is there any other publisher that happens for?

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
People are losing their shit, and then you have people claiming sonys first party games aren’t a big deal.

The lack of news or updates on their studios are driving people insane. Is there any other publisher that happens for?
take-two with only one game.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, it's probable to see there both. There's TGS next week, so I assume that a big portion of the State of Play games will be Asian titles.

Three things I noticed here:
  1. indie
  2. no "Japanese focused" part
  3. no "major third-party" part
Lower your expectation guys, this will be underwhelming state of play lol. Can't believe they will fk it up even during TGS month lol (wait there's "major" part, okay guys increase your expectation like 50% 🤣).
From the PS Blog post:
2. It says "developers and publishers all around the world", which includes Japan. And there's TGS next week
3. it says "major upcoming titles from our third-party partners"

But yes, it's better to lower the expectations to zero and to don't expect nothing interesting. It's better, it solves dissapointments and makes you happy to see there some stuff you like.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

I've seen people complain about Nintendo taking too long to give updates, but I don't know if it was ever this bad. I think Sony made the mistake of paying too much attention to the people who complained about them showing stuff "too early" last gen.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I mean.. they platser their games on buses, trains and alley walls... amazing marketing 🤩
Agencies propose and execute that stuff - their internal marketing has constantly downsized. From my understanding they did as well last year at least in my area of the globe

Putting on trade shows, having your developers organised with a marketing calendar when to deliver content to market. That's the role of internal marketing and that's where Sony sucks

The fact they rolled out a bunch of CG trailers for first party after actively never doing that since like 2005 after the Killzone 2 debacle should show you how far their marketing as fallen

• Informative

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I've seen people complain about Nintendo taking too long to give updates, but I don't know if it was ever this bad. I think Sony made the mistake of paying too much attention to the people who complained about them showing stuff "too early" last gen.

Welp, be careful what you wish for I guess. I’m sure they are much happier not having to rush out game reveals also

Microsoft still have games they showed off in 2019 and 2020 that still haven’t had updates, it might as well be the same shit

Reactions: AshHunter216

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
It's just an excuse they use
Just getting a vertical slice requires like a year of planning. They obviously aren't doing that now

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Welp, be careful what you wish for I guess. I’m sure they are much happier not having to rush out game reveals also

Microsoft still have games they showed off in 2019 and 2020 that still haven’t had updates, it might as well be the same shit
Yeah, I wish they could find a middle ground though. I don't think it's good for the community if they're so tight-lipped about their studios that people start to question if any of them are still doing anything. I guess I just would personally rather listen to people complain about them showing things too early than listen to them complain about them not showing anything, lol.

• brain

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It's just an excuse they use
Just getting a vertical slice requires like a year of planning. They obviously aren't doing that now
Yeah, wasn't there something out there where devs were saying that they would rather not have to make vertical slices? It's probably less work for them now but it sucks that we get left in the dark in the meantime.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Bro while all that soony talk was going on, Sony was still releasing goty games Microsoft was showing Forza, Gears and Sea of thieves for like three years straight during E3, they were the biggest offenders but somehow it got flipped to Sony. Shit I remember hearing about Trash ass Crackdown three for years and years 😂

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Yes, it's probable to see there both. There's TGS next week, so I assume that a big portion of the State of Play games will be Asian titles.

From the PS Blog post:
2. It says "developers and publishers all around the world", which includes Japan. And there's TGS next week
3. it says "major upcoming titles from our third-party partners"

But yes, it's better to lower the expectations to zero and to don't expect nothing interesting. It's better, it solves dissapointments and makes you happy to see there some stuff you like.
The problem is, this time there's no "with special focus on Japanese Publishers games" line, since the last time we get those words, we got the best SOP ever 🤣 .

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
If this s true:

- baby steps
- helldivers 2
- tales of Arise dlc
- FF7 rebirth
- Roblox
- Foamstars
- RE 4 VR

some1 should have been fired like yesterday. But im not surprised anymore. Whole division s run by drunk turds.

Reactions: JAHGamer