Steam fanboys already whipping up outrage and planning to boycott Ghost of Tsushima on PC due to PSN requirements

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Tired Over It GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

It's linking an ID. Big fucking deal. I feel at this point, PC gamers don't deserve PS games. S T F U.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
If the game it's up my alley and a good port, it goes to my wishlist. This is asnine. Specially since you can still play SP (the meat of the game) without account linking.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Tired Over It GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

It's linking an ID. Big fucking deal. I feel at this point, PC gamers don't deserve PS games. S T F U.
let them have only the GAAs game and lock the singleplayer stuff to the console, give them a cloud version of the singleplayer version and if they want it, they subscribe to Plus Premium, i'm sick of this PC fanbase, fuck them PC players

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Knew it that would happen. It was never about TOS, it was never about unsupported countries. They just don't want to link to PSN because "reasons".
For the same reasons they won't play an Epic Game exclusive even tho the launcher is completely free. Steam fanboys are the most tribalistic pricks in gaming, worse than any console fanboy. They love to stick it to corporations while simultaneously cheering for a Valve monopoly 🤡

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
For the same reasons they won't play an Epic Game exclusive even tho the launcher is completely free. Steam fanboys are the most tribalistic pricks in gaming, worse than any console fanboy. They love to stick it to corporations while simultaneously cheering for a Valve monopoly 🤡

Aaaah… things make sense now. It’s OK to link accounts from EA, Ubi, Activision, Xbox, etc etc because those are not perceived as “rivals” to Steam.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Boycott or no boycott, this game was going to flop either way. Like every other single player game they've ported. Nixxes was an absolute joke of an acquisition.

10 ports over the course of 4 years combined cannot outsell what GoW Ragnarok did in 3 months.

Irreparable damage, countless time and money wasted just to make 1 weeks worth of PSN revenue.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Said this in other thread :
Rocket League came out in 2015. In 2019. Epic bought Psyonix and Rocket League. In 2020. those who had a Steam copy needed subsequently sign up to Epic account in order to continue to play Rocket League.So, was there any backslash? Nope.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
sony ,do a launcher with epic,fuck steam fanboys,u wanna play helldivers 3? buy them to sony,dont want another launcher? buy a ps5 or a ps6? dont want a console? fuck you
its time to give fire to these cheap motherfuckers

we talk a lot of shit on xbots,but steam fanboys are a league on their own

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Boycott or no boycott, this game was going to flop either way. Like every other single player game they've ported. Nixxes was an absolute joke of an acquisition.

10 ports over the course of 4 years combined cannot outsell what GoW Ragnarok did in 3 months.

Irreparable damage, countless time and money wasted just to make 1 weeks worth of PSN revenue.
imagine those PS3, PS4 ports and remasters they could have done.. i bet , they would have been making more money...

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Hardcore PC players hate PlayStation, I knew that from the start. They have the money to buy all the PC hardware in the world but could never buy a used PlayStation for exclusives? Most of them just want to pirate PlayStation games on PC or buy them for a few dollars on a deep promo.

Sony chose all of this, now deal with it.

Yeona

29 Jul 2023
Here's to a couple of years of intense aggression against Sony, followed by Sony realizing it's a waste of time putting games on Steam, followed by another decade of Steam players berating Sony for not putting games on Steam "for no reason".