Steam fanboys already whipping up outrage and planning to boycott Ghost of Tsushima on PC due to PSN requirements

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
seems fabricated anyway, no PlayStation fan would complain about PS games releasing on PC, on Steam... they would complain on official PlayStation accounts or blog, where people from Sony would actually see them
For all we know, he made an alt account on Steam to post that review himself... 🤣

/jk

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
seems fabricated anyway, no PlayStation fan would complain about PS games releasing on PC, on Steam... they would complain on official PlayStation accounts or blog, where people from Sony would actually see them
excuse to this young steambot, he is still young in his steambot programming...

matrix GIF

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
So no answer? lol just random words

As i've said : It was never about TOS, it was never about unsupported countries. They just don't want to link to PSN because "reasons". Satisfied? Very simple, you, Xbots/Steam bots don't want to link to PSN. Also, you don't have interest in Helldivers 2 nor you don't have it. So, HYPOCRITE, GTFO

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I was in full support of HD review bombing and boycott. It was implemented poorly and rashly.

This is just pure BS. EVERY SINGLE 3rd party publisher has these requirements so it's only bad when Sony's doing it. Even though SP is fully playable offline, without an account.

Fuck anyone pissing and moaning about this, pardon my French.

Good thing is, the creep's getting roasted in the comments. This won;t have an impact. And the video is just your usual youtube parasite, hoping to get a few views for his dead channel with a controversial topic.

Reactions: Yuniac

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Boycott or no boycott, this game was going to flop either way. Like every other single player game they've ported. Nixxes was an absolute joke of an acquisition.

10 ports over the course of 4 years combined cannot outsell what GoW Ragnarok did in 3 months.

Irreparable damage, countless time and money wasted just to make 1 weeks worth of PSN revenue.
Lol you think GoT will flop?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I was in full support of HD review bombing and boycott. It was implemented poorly and rashly.

This is just pure BS. EVERY SINGLE 3rd party publisher has these requirements so it's only bad when Sony's doing it. Even though SP is fully playable offline, without an account.

Fuck anyone pissing and moaning about this, pardon my French.

Good thing is, the creep's getting roasted in the comments. This won;t have an impact. And the video is just your usual youtube parasite, hoping to get a few views for his dead channel with a controversial topic.
go to Steam page of Ghost. you will see. there is plenty of those threads. demanding NO PSN.

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
just shut up and play the single player game, it's a masterpiece & if you don't want to play GoT: Legends than just don't link it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I think anyone who complains about linking a PSN for multiplayer for GoT is just taking the piss. I have my pre-existing PSN ID from a decade ago and I can easily link it. I don't think it's a huge deal.

In the case of HD2 it was because of the counties that physically can't create one and it being mandatory to even play the game.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
PC gamers view anything that’s not ran directly through their Steam ID as an injustice.

It takes what, 5 minutes to make an account? Get real.
You are little too late for that whole discord.

Anyway, zoomers complaining about PSN for GOT MP will matter not. Most people will play single-player, as I will. The game will be fine. Just unlucky timing after all the drama.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: BroodCorp

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
These guys dont deserve any of these games.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's clear that PC fans don't want anything other than Steam in the same way console fans only want Playstation. Sony has to choose between limiting their ambition to become just a 3rd party publisher on Steam or leave PC all together.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

The comments are filled with angry little steam fanboys, that don't want to sign up for PSN.
I'd say it isn't only Steam fanboys, as can be here it also includes Xbox fanboys, Nintendo fanboys and Sony haters.

All the people who want to see Sony fail and get boycotted because of any dumb excuse.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
It's clear that PC fans don't want anything other than Steam in the same way console fans only want Playstation. Sony has to choose between limiting their ambition to become just a 3rd party publisher on Steam or leave PC all together.

I never saw this as nothing but they trying to become a big third party publisher on PC. That's the most they can do. And they want to do it the cheapest way possible (marketing on ps blog, no significant efforts on deploying a store for example)

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuniac

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I never saw this as they trying to become a big third party publisher on PC. That's the most they can do. And they want to do it the cheapest way possible (marketing on ps blog, no significant efforts on deploying a store for example)
if they market their games on PC it will hurt their console sales, there's no great solution here, they're a console company, that's where they make the almost 30B dollars of revenue every year, PC only represents 450 million out of this
4142658-screenshot2023-05-24at8.38.50am.png