Steam has been blocked in Vietnam

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
that literally is not how that works, quit being disingenuous, you're not even making any sense at all. Please explain to me how you're making any sense with that comment?

It worked with Helldivers because it was ONE game, ONE publisher at fault, make it known to the publisher you're not happy with their choice, done.

Vietnam blocked Steam because Steam didn't need to go through regulation process in their country, Vietnam wants steam to have legal representation in their country to continue selling, to Vietnam, Steam is nothing more than a place you can "buy pirated games." Do tell me why the Vietnamese government would care about what Steam users have to say from another country?
It's not the Vietnamese government you should boycott....

Last edited:

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
you still trying to reason with zombies? good luck.
Boycotting Steam to do something with the Vietnamese government is next to impossible, sorry I have sense, I guess?

Review bombing was asked for by Arrowhead, that is the one and only case something like that will ever work, do you even understand what you're both saying? You can't boycott Steam to do business with Vietnam, that just isn't how that works. You also can't just refund anything you have that is over 2 hours played and over 2 weeks of purchase, so you'd be saying "oh buy something and refund it!"

which effectively does nothing.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Boycotting Steam to do something with the Vietnamese government is next to impossible, sorry I have sense, I guess?

Review bombing was asked for by Arrowhead, that is the one and only case something like that will ever work, do you even understand what you're both saying? You can't boycott Steam to do business with Vietnam, that just isn't how that works. You also can't just refund anything you have that is over 2 hours played and over 2 weeks of purchase, so you'd be saying "oh buy something and refund it!"

which effectively does nothing.
I'm asking you to review bomb every steam release you own and refund all of your titles until Valve opens a local office in Vietnam. Steam have just locked away access to Vietnamese users' entire libraries because they refuse to pay tax. The Helldivers 2 login requirement didn't affect you nor 99% of the steam userbase directly but you stood together in solidarity with the countries affected.

Do so now for Vietnam, even though it doesn't personally affect you, because it's the right thing to do.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I'm asking you to review bomb every steam release you own and refund all of your titles until Valve opens a local office in Vietnam. Steam have just locked away access to Vietnamese users' entire libraries because they refuse to pay tax. The Helldivers 2 login requirement didn't affect you nor 99% of the steam userbase directly but you stood together in solidarity with the countries affected.

Do so now for Vietnam, even though it doesn't personally affect you, because it's the right thing to do.
Deez Nuts GIF

As I said steam users have no integrity. But honestly what can you expect from mindless drones that champion a platform that killed off the whole physical PC games market 🙃

Exicide

2 Feb 2024

Deez Nuts GIF

As I said steam users have no integrity. But honestly what can you expect from mindless drones that champion a platform that killed off the whole physical PC games market 🙃
Yeah, I can see talking actual sense isn't appreciated around here. You all don't make any sense, how about you explain how that does anything? Pro tip: You can't.

"review bomb every steam release you own and refund all of your titles until Valve opens a local office in Vietnam."

you physically can't do that. Your refund is rejected if you have over 2 hours playtime, and its been over two weeks of purchase. Please stop talking about a topic you all clearly have no idea about.

I'll put it in bold this time since you all can't read it:
It worked with Helldivers because it was ONE game, ONE publisher at fault, make it known to the publisher you're not happy with their choice, done.

Steam is NOT affected by review bombs, only the publishers and developers the game that is getting review bombed is affected. Steam does not care about your refund requests, that is handled separately from the department responsible for legal. I get that you're hurt over people review bombing Helldivers 2 to overturn Sony's decision, but you don't have to make yourself look dumb in the process. Sorry, but you're not doing anything to help your cause whatsoever.

You're just showcasing your weird tribalism in ways that are so nonsensical that any person seeing these posts would laugh at them.

Reactions: Systemshock2023
16 Feb 2023
When people question why steam can operate everywhere but PSN is restricted this is why. Valve (and other companies to be fair) don't give a shit about local laws and will just operate anyway assuming they are too big and too American to be closed down.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
So it's impossible for Steam to refund all Vietnamese accounts?
You do know they can still play their library, its just buying games, right? Some users are using a VPN to buy games, I wouldn't do it, but some are.

Anyways, that isn't at all what I said.

• haha

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
All of them? For ever?

Hmmm sounds familiar.... Can't remember when exactly, I think it was recently, there was a huge uproar against using VPNs or even using a different country.
once again, it's against ToS, I wouldn't do it, some will, of course.

• haha