Stellar Blade demo out now!John linneman DF says it plays "smooth like BUTTa" |UP| Demo hit 690k daily active players as per Ampere & additional info.

mckmas8808

26 Mar 2024
Lol I wonder how very much DF will cower around covering the game. Bugaga already was red in the face when discussing.
"distracting for modern audiences and like a game from 2002" but he said it in a negative way.
They are ree so they will surely tip toe around main character and talk about anything else lol.

btw - good performance and graphics. UE5 maybe is a waste of time indeed

What engine is this running on?

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
I'm playing the demo now. Hoping Shift Up looks over feedback and whatnot for launch or shortly thereafter. I'm right in the beginning after you rest at the camp. My only major issue is with the loot/item drops. At times you can barely seem them and there's no button prompt that appears that lets you pick up the items. I know there's auto loot but I like to collect all the loot myself. Other than that, I wish the wording for the items you pick up and whatnot was bigger. It's too small. Otherwise, no issues. Game feels great to play. Combat is fluid, smooth and responsive. Audio is great. Visuals are really good. I'm getting such high Nier Automata vibes. Oh man!!!

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
You are 100% banned for participating in, and when we do our Screenshot comp.

You can however send the screenshots to me in private, want to check the quality of the shots, IE Colours, Atmosphere, shadows etc
Too late bud. Just finished the demo. Got 400mb of screenshots.
The game is GOAT. It looks great, style is AMAZING. All the statues and desolation. Kinda reminds me of gears of war world but with ton of angelic symbolism.
Combat is great although I suck ass at parrying. I did beat the demo boss in 1st try though!!! the challenge boss though... yeah... not so much.
Anyway. I am 100% this will be one of goty.
Little preview of screenshots (just some demo stuff. No spoilers really but I spoilered just because some people don't want to see anything)
1epeh5l.jpeg

OdxbdZt.jpeg

TyXwnUs.jpeg

GVPlEUa.jpeg

kzPOJ5S.jpeg

u73neGx.jpeg

qewbz2m.jpeg

sqcEXzD.jpeg

OBFDvtb.jpeg

What engine is this running on?
it's UE4!
I played the whole demo in 4k30 mode and i am happy to say it's and EXCELLENT 30fps mode!!!
Very little to no lag, no deadzones on sticks, great motion blur. One of better 30fps modes I;ve played.
I tried some of balance mode and it looks good too and it's straight up 60fps. Not sure why we need 2 60fps modes. performance looks simiar.
Anti alisaing is not the best in 4k mode but somehow balance mode looks a bit smoother but blurrier of course. Both modes seem great.

+ I love the water physics (and that exploration music!). Sorry for hdr colors. looks obviously much better normally

mckmas8808

26 Mar 2024
Makes you wonder how much this game cost to make. Does anybody know how long it's been in development?