Stellar Blade Preview |OT| Releases April 26th. Stellar Blade is 20-40 hrs, hard mode, no DLC, no MTX at launch |UP| Shu visits studio.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Two difficulty settings: Normal and Story Mode

-Equally provides offensive and defensive skills, feels 'balanced and deep'

-Mostly linear but also full of wider, more open areas to explore

-Not just pure hack n' slash, emphasis on defense, dodge, parry, reading enemy attacks

-Large variety of bosses that can feel challenging

-Parrying multiple attacks allows Eve to carry out 'Retribution', a special attack

-Multiple dodge skills: 'Blink' and 'Riposte' to dodge specific types of attacks

-Beta Skills: Unique skills that accumulate that can cancel an enemy's attack if timed right

-Ranged weapons include a special gun Eve acquires

-Camps: Act sort of like bonfires in Souls games, can unlock shortcuts throughout levels but also areas for Eve to rest with different character cutscenes, flashbacks, etc

-There are simple puzzles and platforming, swimming underwater, finding chests, etc

Reactions: Puff and Luffy123

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
When i came here, seen it, i thought, Satoru will come here and make a irrelevant comparison between it and Ronin.

Ding ding ding..

• thisistheway
Reactions: Satoru

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Gonna be balanced mode for me. The barely noticeable drops from 60fps and better LOD makes it the best choice for me. I would do resolution mode because my eyes suck, but this kind of action seems like it needs to be experienced closer to 60 fps.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Gonna be balanced mode for me. The barely noticeable drops from 60fps and better LOD makes it the best choice for me. I would do resolution mode because my eyes suck, but this kind of action seems like it needs to be experienced closer to 60 fps.
🙏

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Stellar Blade is 20-40 hrs, hard mode, no DLC, no MTX at launch​

Stellar Blade TMI​

An interview with the company's CEO and general director about this game has been summarized. The translation may not be accurate.
  • Playtime
  1. If only the main story is played on easy mode : 20-25 hours.
  2. If sub-quests are also completed: 30-35 hours.
  3. If proceeding while collecting all collectibles: more than 40 hours
  • NG+
Hard mode available after the first completion. There is content a plan for NG+.
  • Reason for using the long ponytail style
Due to physical errors, it's not easy to implement long hair. However, it was determined that the long ponytail is a good means to prominently emphasize the action-focused gameplay style.
  • DLC
Efforts were made to include complete content in this game. No separate DLC is currently planned
  • Grotesque enemy design.
The enemies appearing in the game were designed to lack certain parts or to have emphasized appearances. This is because the game's concept is an action game intended for a mature audience, and the enemy design is related to the overall progression of the story. Designed by 3D scanning clay models crafted by a professional artist.
  • Open world
For the main storyline, a linear map and progression approach were applied. However, after arriving at the main city, areas such as the great desert and wasteland are prepared for exploration in a semi-open world manner.
  • Game OST
60% of the game OST was produced in-house, while the remaining 40% was created by the external company Monaca Studio. Monaca Studio is a company founded by the director who participated in the production of the 'NieR: Automata' game OST. However, the director did not directly participate in the production of the OST for this game.
  • Short death scenes
This is intentional. It is expected that there will be many deaths in the latter part of the game, so the scene duration has been made short. Since there is no death penalty, it is hoped that death will be considered a light part of gameplay.
  • BM
Besides the game price, there are no additional business models. All items can be acquired through in-game play. However, in the case of collaborations with certain IPs, there may be paid purchases for specific outfits.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Hard mode might not be a good term to use to describe something about this game.

Oh Yeah Smile GIF

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

Stellar Blade TMI​

An interview with the company's CEO and general director about this game has been summarized. The translation may not be accurate.
  • Playtime
  • NG+
Hard mode available after the first completion. There is content a plan for NG+.
Due to physical errors, it's not easy to implement long hair. However, it was determined that the long ponytail is a good means to prominently emphasize the action-focused gameplay style.
  • DLC
Efforts were made to include complete content in this game. No separate DLC is currently planned
The enemies appearing in the game were designed to lack certain parts or to have emphasized appearances. This is because the game's concept is an action game intended for a mature audience, and the enemy design is related to the overall progression of the story. Designed by 3D scanning clay models crafted by a professional artist.
  • Open world
For the main storyline, a linear map and progression approach were applied. However, after arriving at the main city, areas such as the great desert and wasteland are prepared for exploration in a semi-open world manner.
  • Game OST
60% of the game OST was produced in-house, while the remaining 40% was created by the external company Monaca Studio. Monaca Studio is a company founded by the director who participated in the production of the 'NieR: Automata' game OST. However, the director did not directly participate in the production of the OST for this game.
  • Short death scenes
This is intentional. It is expected that there will be many deaths in the latter part of the game, so the scene duration has been made short. Since there is no death penalty, it is hoped that death will be considered a light part of gameplay.
  • BM
Besides the game price, there are no additional business models. All items can be acquired through in-game play. However, in the case of collaborations with certain IPs, there may be paid purchases for specific outfits.

Good length not a short walking simulator like hellblade 2 (that's supposed to release soon & Microsoft isn't marketing it at all 🤣)

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

Stellar Blade TMI​

• Playtime
  • NG+
  • DLC
  • Open world
  • Game OST
  • Short death scenes
  • BM

No new game + at launch is a shame but I'm sure it will be added by the time I go for a second playthrough so good to know it's planned

Reactions: Puff
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

Stellar Blade TMI​

• Playtime
  • NG+
  • DLC
  • Open world
  • Game OST
  • Short death scenes
  • BM

No penalty for dying is great aswell because I'll probably be dying alot lol

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
No new game + at launch is a shame but I'm sure it will be added by the time I go for a second playthrough so good to know it's planned
you aren't playing NG+ on launch.

Good length not a short walking simulator like hellblade 2 (that's supposed to release soon & Microsoft isn't marketing it at all 🤣)
it is very chunky actually. 20h-25h on easy is huge game for linear experience.

i am pretty sure, there is going to be difficulty spike down the road. so people will have to learn how to use parry, dodge etc..