Stellar Blade Preview |OT| Releases April 26th. Stellar Blade is 20-40 hrs, hard mode, no DLC, no MTX at launch |UP| Shu visits studio.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I am noticing a ton of restraint from people opinionating the game.
Tom from DF, twitch streamers and other previewers who played the demo...
for example, asmongold played the demo, he was praising the whole thing, drooling overy parrying and combat... and then day later or so he says yeah it's ok, should be 8/10 game.
Tom from DF says it's "a decent challange".

Like... we are allowed to use words liek stellar (lol), surprising, great and so on.
I don't see anything in here that is worse than sekiro or best in the genre. Certainly nothing worse than lies of P.

I think I know where the "problem" lies and it's a deep psychology.
The game was developed for 5 years. The trailers at trade events were meet with "whatever, anime game" stances.
I was super hyped from the beginning because I am a 35yo weeb and I know good games. But people see anime style, booty and disregard the game.
Now, the demo came out. 60-90minutes of fantastic game. Some of best demos I've ever played.... and people seem shocked that this is actually more than anime tits and ass. In fact, they are so shocked, they still have some of that restraint left over the previews. That restraint they built up over the years.

it's lie forspoken. if someone lives of negative reviews and forspoken memes, even if he genuinely will play the game and love it, that person might still lower their score/enjoyment because it is engraved on their brains that i's a bad video game.
Does it make any sense?

edit: in short - allow yourself to be excited
edit: Like also... there is this preconceived notion that semi-linear action adventure game is outdated and it's lame to score it 9 or 10 because it's old style of game or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I am noticing a ton of restraint from people opinionating the game.
Tom from DF, twitch streamers and other previewers who played the demo...
for example, asmongold played the demo, he was praising the whole thing, drooling overy parrying and combat... and then day later or so he says yeah it's ok, should be 8/10 game.
Tom from DF says it's "a decent challange".

Like... we are allowed to use words liek stellar (lol), surprising, great and so on.
I don't see anything in here that is worse than sekiro or best in the genre. Certainly nothing worse than lies of P.

I think I know where the "problem" lies and it's a deep psychology.
The game was developed for 5 years. The trailers at trade events were meet with "whatever, anime game" stances.
I was super hyped from the beginning because I am a 35yo weeb and I know good games. But people see anime style, booty and disregard the game.
Now, the demo came out. 60-90minutes of fantastic game. Some of best demos I've ever played.... and people seem shocked that this is actually more than anime tits and ass. In fact, they are so shocked, they still have some of that restraint left over the previews. That restraint they built up over the years.

it's lie forspoken. if someone lives of negative reviews and forspoken memes, even if he genuinely will play the game and love it, that person might still lower their score/enjoyment because it is engraved on their brains that i's a bad video game.
Does it make any sense?

edit: in short - allow yourself to be excited
💯

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
t1tl2aA.jpeg

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
When she opened the escape pod I was just like titties titties titties titties titties 🤣
Me too.

But notice Stellar Blade has hellpods, squads, enemy bugs, the black and yellow costume, even the yellow circle in the back like the shield backpack. Helldivers 3 confirmed.

This video should be edited cutting it to get only the portion from 2:48 until 5:15, adding the Helldivers 2 music and the helldivers 2 HUD:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Me too.

But notice Stellar Blade has hellpods, squads, enemy bugs, the black and yellow costume, even the yellow circle in the back like the shield backpack. Helldivers 3 confirmed.

This video should be edited cutting it until 5:15, adding the Helldivers 2 music and the helldivers 2 HUD.
Has Helldivers melee class?

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Ultra freaking hyped for Stellar Blade!!! Been interested in the game since watching the trailer at the PlayStation Showcase but the demo sold me completely to where I requested off from work on April 26th-28th and which was approved so I could play the game day one. Was going to rent it via GameFly but now, I will be buying the $80 digital deluxe edition. Let's go baby!! 😂

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Me too.

This video should be edited cutting it to get only the portion from 2:48 until 5:15, adding the Helldivers 2 music and the helldivers 2 HUD:
I've not played Helldivers because I'm not interested in multiplayer games much

• sad
Reactions: KvallyX

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Has Helldivers melee class?
Helldivers doesn't have classes, but like the Stellar Blade girls they have fire weapons plus grenades and melee attack.

In Helldivers 2 the melee atack is barely only for the smallest bugs, to poke mates or to make your way out when ran out of bullets and have to scape through a horde.

The thing is, the Helldivers 2 robot enemies have somewhat equivalent weapons to the ones used by players, with the addition of a red light-saber like sword.

Who knows, since they'll keep adding stuff during years maybe at some poin they also add melee/white weapons too like combat knives, swords, machetes, etc. even if it's just to replace the simple and normally not used melee atack animation, which as of now his hitting with your gun.

Edit: In internet there are weirdos for everything, including people playing Helldivers 2 only with the melee attack:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Helldivers doesn't have classes, but like the Stellar Blade girls they have fire weapons plus grenades and melee attack.

In Helldivers 2 the melee atack is barely only for the smallest bugs, to poke mates or to make your way out when ran out of bullets and have to scape through a horde.

The thing is, the Helldivers 2 robot enemies have somewhat equivalent weapons to the ones used by players, with the addition of a red light-saber like sword.

Who knows, since they'll keep adding stuff during years maybe at some poin they also add melee/white weapons too like combat knives, swords, machetes, etc. even if it's just to replace the simple and normally not used melee atack animation, which as of now his hitting with your gun.

Edit: In internet there are weirdos for everything, including people playing Helldivers 2 only with the melee attack:
💯

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
On the radar but I won’t be finished with Ronin in time so might have to skip or wait for sale to put in backlog depending on player reception ONLY since I don’t value critic reviews in the slightest (crooked industry filled with previews disguised as reviews).

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78