Stellar Blade Review Thread & |OT| "When Voluptuous Beauty and The Blade Meet"

What do you think will be the Meta average?

• Total voters

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
A snowflake nerd said this on Era. LMAO

“Still really fucking weirds me out how much uncritical hype Stellar Blade is getting on this forum.

The game is grossly misogynistic on the surface and is developed by self-avowed anti-feminists, while attracting the worst kinds of fans/defenders (the "anti-woke" crowd) in other sectors of the internet.

I really don't get it”.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

“Still really fucking weirds me out how much uncritical hype Stellar Blade is getting on this forum.

The game is grossly misogynistic on the surface and is developed by self-avowed anti-feminists, while attracting the worst kinds of fans/defenders (the "anti-woke" crowd) in other sectors of the internet.

I really don't get it”.
how making empowered woman is misogynistic? makes no sense. these people are 70 IQ

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
84 if it's a straight character action game. If it includes curve balls and great music, narrative, like nier automata it might get more points, but maybe some points are subtracted by sexualization. Some outlets will bash the game due to that matter.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

I really don't get it”.

The woman should sit in the chair, stay in the spaceship and be useless while the man is out fighting big monsters

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

I really don't get it”.
Got to just be like whoaaaa

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Will nwver be tht low this will be easily over 80.
Doesn't look that good to me. I think the story will be ordinary and drag it down and there will be a minimum 5 point penalty for having a sexy female MC. Kinda like Days Gone got penalised for a white male MC

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Doesn't look that good to me. I think the story will be ordinary and drag it down and there will be a minimum 5 point penalty for having a sexy female MC. Kinda like Days Gone got penalised for a white male MC

Did uncharted get penalized for that also?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

I really don't get it”.

Why is an attractive female protagonist "misogynistic"? If the MC looked like an Ogre like Abby from the Last Of Us 2 that would be acceptable?

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
84 if it's a straight character action game. If it includes curve balls and great music, narrative, like nier automata it might get more points, but maybe some points are subtracted by sexualization. Some outlets will bash the game due to that matter.
I played the demo. Boss battles are the highlight. The normal combat (aka fighting regular mob) was also ok, one thing I really like is that the combat is about dodging, then getting in. Hammering attacks on enemies or bosses never work, so you have to learn how the game wants you to play it.

Characters talk way too much, this is subjective but for a dystopian world that is ending/earth is dying or whatever (if I understood the theme correctly) it's too much, even if the theme is different, I feel like for this kind of game I don't want the characters to keep talking all the time. (But my favorite genre is soulsborne, where your main character doesn't utter a single word throughout the entire game so I might be biased in that judgment).

Scanning the environment to locate where enemies and loots are kind of kills exploration and surprises, and getting backstabbed by enemies :).

I will play it eventually, I guess, but I'm not really hyped for it or in a rush.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Scanning the environment to locate where enemies and loots are kind of kills exploration and surprises, and getting backstabbed by enemies :).
so don't scan, problem solve.
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

I will play it eventually, I guess, but I'm not really hyped for it or in a rush.
of course, when it cost 10$, we know bro.

• haha
Reactions: Yuniac