Street Fighter 6 Discussion & Anticipation Thread

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Same. And the french girl looks good too. Doesn't mean much as in every SF game i never except who i'll end up playing most a lot of times.

That being said i think all characters looks kinda cool tho, can't wait to see gameplay.

French girl looks cool but she's related to Abel or something and I hate that play style

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
French girl looks cool but she's related to Abel or something and I hate that play style
I didn't like Abel playstyle, but loved Laura's and mained her for quite a while. As long as i didn't see how a character plays i can't really tell, but i at least i like her aesthetics.

Reactions: Bryank75 and Nym

Nym

21 Jun 2022
I tend to play dandies for some reason (Vega, Slayer, Remy), so I'm leaning towards JP I hope I like whatever his playstyle is because I'm being drawn to that character design the most

Reactions: Bryank75

Faithless83

21 Jun 2022
I would have bought PS5 version but looks like I'll be buying PS4 because they aren't allowing you to use your fightsticks for PS5 versions of games which is absolutely ridiculous.

Boot up GG (PS4) on your PS5, stick works no problem. Boot the PS5 version, sorry your device isn't compatible please buy a new $400 controller!

Sony better allow me to use my old stick with an update because there is absolutely no good reason to prevent players from being able to use their old sticks which the PS5 recognizes. Fighting games are not using dual sense features, and even if they were for the people using controllers, that shouldn't impact stick play.
Wait, what stick is your stick?
Because people said that the official PS4 sticks will work on PS5 games no problem.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
My mains were:

SF2: Ken and Ryu
SF3: Dudley
SF4: Dictator
SF5: Poison Laura Boxer

Can't tell for sure when it comes to SF. Gameplay feeling also affect me someway, haven't played more than 5 minute Poison in SF4, but in SF5 couldn't stop maining her since she dropped almost 3 years ago.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Wait, what stick is your stick?
Because people said that the official PS4 sticks will work on PS5 games no problem.

PS4 sticks do work on PS5. But only for PS4 games.

Currently there is no stick available that will work for a PS5 version of a game, as far as I'm aware.

I have an Etokki Omni and a Qanba Pearl.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
nevermind just realized that's a preorder! sorry

I assume you were talking about that new official PS5 stick hori is making?

Yeah out in Sept. And I heard mixed things about the Xbox version which his already out, some people were saying there isn't enough room inside to fit JLF levers which makes it useless as a modding stick imo

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
I assume you were talking about that new official PS5 stick hori is making?

Yeah out in Sept. And I heard mixed things about the Xbox version which his already out, some people were saying there isn't enough room inside to fit JLF levers which makes it useless as a modding stick imo
Yeah but to be honest I had a hori previously and I ended up returning it.

• sad
Reactions: Nym

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Yeah but to be honest I had a hori previously and I ended up returning it.

I had a Hori Fight Stick 3 on PS3 it was my first stick. Good for a total noob but not easy to mod. The Hori stuff always looks like it has some compromise that makes it less attractive.

Just recently picked up this Qanba Pearl and I really love it, nice to get stock Sanwa parts in something for once.

I love my Omni because you can do whatever you want lever wise - I'm using an Infiltration lever in it currently. But it's a bit too heavy and narrow for comfortable lap play imo and harder to travel with.

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
I had a Hori Fight Stick 3 on PS3 it was my first stick. Good for a total noob but not easy to mod. The Hori stuff always looks like it has some compromise that makes it less attractive.

Just recently picked up this Qanba Pearl and I really love it, nice to get stock Sanwa parts in something for once.

I love my Omni because you can do whatever you want lever wise - I'm using an Infiltration lever in it currently. But it's a bit too heavy and narrow for comfortable lap play imo and harder to travel with.
is it this one?
It's very pretty if so.

• brain
  • they're_right_you_know

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
Yes I got the Korean version so I could utilize any kind of lever, I really like the korean tension system of rubber grommets vs. the sanwa springs
Oh that's a nice feature. I may have to budget for one when street fighter 6 comes out. Hopefully the PS5 supports it by then!

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Oh that's a nice feature. I may have to budget for one when street fighter 6 comes out. Hopefully the PS5 supports it by then!

Good thing is the Omni is highly mod friendly, so when PS5 boards come out I will put one in there and be good to go.

But I think it's beyond absurd that they have chosen to not make PS4 sticks compatible with PS5 games. People don't want to shell out hundreds of dollars for new controllers when there is no good reason for the incompatability.

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
Good thing is the Omni is highly mod friendly, so when PS5 boards come out I will put one in there and be good to go.

But I think it's beyond absurd that they have chosen to not make PS4 sticks compatible with PS5 games. People don't want to shell out hundreds of dollars for new controllers when there is no good reason for the incompatability.
I mean you really can't be mad at the manufacturers. how would they know what a PS5 is going to look like when they design a fightstick?

• brain

Nym

21 Jun 2022
I mean you really can't be mad at the manufacturers. how would they know what a PS5 is going to look like when they design a fightstick?

I'm not mad at the manufacturers, I'm mad at whoever is deciding to make these incompatible with PS5 games.

If I can use my ps4 stick to play Strive (ps4 version) on my PS5, I'm sorry but it's totally absurd that the same stick, with the same game, on the same console, doesn't work simply because it's a PS5 version of the game.

As I said there are no dual sense features in fighting games, so there really shouldn't be any issue.

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
I'm not mad at the manufacturers, I'm mad at whoever is deciding to make these incompatible with PS5 games.

If I can use my ps4 stick to play Strive (ps4 version) on my PS5, I'm sorry but it's totally absurd that the same stick, with the same game, on the same console, doesn't work simply because it's a PS5 version of the game.

As I said there are no dual sense features in fighting games, so there really shouldn't be any issue.
I mean I obviously have no idea but I imagine there has to be a programming difference between the two. So maybe they can support the PS5 version but it's not as simple as plug and play. Maybe they need to do a driver update but that would take an investment of resources and would not happen overnight. That is just my guess of course! Totally not a programmer or dev or anything like that.

• brain

Nym

21 Jun 2022
I mean I obviously have no idea but I imagine there has to be a programming difference between the two. So maybe they can support the PS5 version but it's not as simple as plug and play. Maybe they need to do a driver update but that would take an investment of resources and would not happen overnight. That is just my guess of course! Totally not a programmer or dev or anything like that.

I would imagine that it could be as simple as a driver update, yeah. But they haven't said anything other than the initial word years ago that "ps4 sticks will work on ps5" which is true but deceptive.

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
I would imagine that it could be as simple as a driver update, yeah. But they haven't said anything other than the initial word years ago that "ps4 sticks will work on ps5" which is true but deceptive.
I guess to be safe I'll wait till a PS5 version of the Omni comes out. Shame it's a beautiful stick.

• sad