Street Fighter 6 Discussion & Anticipation Thread

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I guess to be safe I'll wait till a PS5 version of the Omni comes out. Shame it's a beautiful stick.

It is quite nice, built like a tank and the interior is built for comfy modding. I'd make sure the width is going to be comfortable for you though before buying, you can't manspread and play with this thing on your lap lol

Nym

21 Jun 2022
@Nym
Looks like they patched their sticks so maybe you'll get lucky with your Omni? I'll cross my fingers and toes and hope so for you!

I think that was just a basic compatibility patch to get it working on the console just for PS4 games. I have that stick too and I updated it already but I don't think I tried with a native PS5 game, I'll test it out later.

Faithless83

21 Jun 2022
PS4 sticks do work on PS5. But only for PS4 games.

Currently there is no stick available that will work for a PS5 version of a game, as far as I'm aware.

I have an Etokki Omni and a Qanba Pearl.
That's odd... I thought I saw someone saying that Qanba Obsidian worked for PS5 games.
Same model as pearl, right?
I was thinking on getting an obsidian one... :(

Nym

21 Jun 2022
That's odd... I thought I saw someone saying that Qanba Obsidian worked for PS5 games.
Same model as pearl, right?
I was thinking on getting an obsidian one... :(

I was unable to find anyone online who could confirm PS4 sticks worked with PS5 versions, and plenty of people echoing my experience.

The obsidian is nice too, more people seem to have that one I'm not sure why. Probably just don't like the all white on the pearl. I prefer the curved button layout on the Pearl vs the obsidian which has the last 3 buttons in each row on the same horizontal plane. Minor difference but I'm already used to the curve layout on the Omni.

Also the Pearl was like a hundred dollars cheaper than the obsidian for some reason, and the obsidian doesn't even come with sanwa parts I don't think.

Faithless83

21 Jun 2022
I was unable to find anyone online who could confirm PS4 sticks worked with PS5 versions, and plenty of people echoing my experience.

The obsidian is nice too, more people seem to have that one I'm not sure why. Probably just don't like the all white on the pearl. I prefer the curved button layout on the Pearl vs the obsidian which has the last 3 buttons in each row on the same horizontal plane. Minor difference but I'm already used to the curve layout on the Omni.

Also the Pearl was like a hundred dollars cheaper than the obsidian for some reason, and the obsidian doesn't even come with sanwa parts I don't think.
Last I've checked, only button layout and color are different between the two. Same parts and everything.
I like the black one more. The white one, if you're into adding decals, is likely the better option.
I only have the Soul Calibur V TE stick, this is PS3 only and some PS4 games.
That's bad on the PS5 compatibility... I'll hold my purchase for now then, thanks for the info.

Reactions: Nym

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Last I've checked, only button layout and color are different between the two. Same parts and everything.
I like the black one more. The white one, if you're into adding decals, is likely the better option.
I only have the Soul Calibur V TE stick, this is PS3 only and some PS4 games.
That's bad on the PS5 compatibility... I'll hold my purchase for now then, thanks for the info.

Oh nice you are right they both come with sanwa parts, can't go wrong with either one.

I got the white one because of the price and my Omni is black so I wanted a yin yang thing.

Yeah man I hope we get some official word on what is going on with ps5 compatibility soon.

Reactions: Faithless83

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Maximillian Dood recap of SF6 first impressions (very possitive):

As a reminder, this was his first impressions just after playing it:

Sajam impressions after playing SF6 in the Summer Doritos Fest press event:

Daigo expectations for SF6: "I've Waited for This for 25 Years!"

Nephew (top SFV eSport player) reacts to gamedevs showcasing SF6 gameplay:

Last edited:

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
Maximillian Dood recap of SF6 first impressions (very possitive):

As a reminder, this was his first impressions just after playing it:

Sajam impressions after playing SF6 in the Summer Doritos Fest press event:

Daigo expectations for SF6: "I've Waited for This for 25 Years!"

Nephew (top SFV eSport player) reacts to gamedevs showcasing SF6 gameplay:
Hyyyyypppeee cannot believe we got to wait till next year. Really hoping they do more character trailers

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
In a couple of weeks there will be a public event in Paris where SF6 will be playable:

Hyyyyypppeee cannot believe we got to wait till next year. Really hoping they do more character trailers
They'll show more at EVO, for sure. But let's hope they release more stuff sooner and doesn't make us wait that long. I can't wait to see more characters, but I'm also super interested on seeing more about the World Tour mode to see how it exactly works in addition to the few cutscenes and and short exploration bit we saw in the trailer.

I'd like to see if we're going to have a very complete and detailed character editor, if we're going to be able to put on it clothes from the other characters of the game or from previous titles in the SF universe, tons of hair styles to replicate classic characters not included in the game, and if we'll be able to customize his attacks like being able to choose Ken's Shoryuken or Guile's Flash Kick for his antiair, Chun's or Ryu's fireball, this light punch from this character and that strong kick from that other character etc. Plus to level up all their moves separatedly by using them in this mode.

And well, I know World Tour is single player, and I assume Fighting Ground will be only for the "official characters" of the game since it has ranked and casual matches there, but I'd like to have in Battle Hub a section for Tournaments with "offficial characters only" but also casual matches and tournaments for user generated characters only (I think they may be too broken to have their ranked matches or to mix them with competitive players who want to face official characters only).

I also know Metro City is the first episode of World Tour and I assue the other ones will be in other places around the world (Japan, China/Hong Kong, Brazil, Russia, UK, Europe, Africa) where they will more or less replicate related stages from previous SF games or at least their settings. I wonder if the other episodes will be included in the base game or if they will be the topic of the next DLC seasons of the game adding new characters, customization items and 2D battle stages mostly from there, not only another story chapter and World Tour exploration stages.

I'd like them to detail how the monetization will work, their microtransactions, DLC and game re-releases plans. And also how the single player content really is. I assume they integrated the cinematic story mode and character prologues into World Tour, in addition to the consumable items and power-ups of the survival mode. But I'd like to know if there will be a Survival Mode and if the Arcade Mode will continue the awesome idea of SFV where you were you really had 6 arcade modes, one for each SF series. If the characters they have at launch are going to be the 22 leaked ones I think it could be difficult because series like SF1 or SF3 may not have enough returning or related characters from there.

Last edited:

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
In a couple of weeks there will be a public event in Paris where SF6 will be playable:

They'll show more at EVO, for sure. But let's hope they release more stuff sooner and doesn't make us wait that long. I can't wait to see more characters, but I'm also super interested on seeing more about the World Tour mode to see how it exactly works in addition to the few cutscenes and and short exploration bit we saw in the trailer.

I'd like to see if we're going to have a very complete and detailed character editor, if we're going to be able to put on it clothes from the other characters of the game or from previous titles in the SF universe, tons of hair styles to replicate classic characters not included in the game, and if we'll be able to customize his attacks like being able to choose Ken's Shoryuken or Guile's Flash Kick for his antiair, Chun's or Ryu's fireball, this light punch from this character and that strong kick from that other character etc. Plus to level up all their moves separatedly by using them in this mode.

And well, I know World Tour is single player, and I assume Fighting Ground will be only for the "official characters" of the game since it has ranked and casual matches there, but I'd like to have in Battle Hub a section for Tournaments with "offficial characters only" but also casual matches and tournaments for user generated characters only (I think they may be too broken to have their ranked matches or to mix them with competitive players who want to face official characters only).

I also know Metro City is the first episode of World Tour and I assue the other ones will be in other places around the world (Japan, China/Hong Kong, Brazil, Russia, UK, Europe, Africa) where they will more or less replicate related stages from previous SF games or at least their settings. I wonder if the other episodes will be included in the base game or if they will be the topic of the next DLC seasons of the game adding new characters, customization items and 2D battle stages mostly from there, not only another story chapter and World Tour exploration stages.

I'd like them to detail how the monetization will work, their microtransactions, DLC and game re-releases plans. And also how the single player content really is. I assume they integrated the cinematic story mode and character prologues into World Tour, in addition to the consumable items and power-ups of the survival mode. But I'd like to know if there will be a Survival Mode and if the Arcade Mode will continue the awesome idea of SFV where you were you really had 6 arcade modes, one for each SF series. If the characters they have at launch are going to be the 22 leaked ones I think it could be difficult because series like SF1 or SF3 may not have enough returning or related characters from there.

Maybe Mimi will be announce there?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Maybe Mimi will be announce there?
Mibi, I mean maybe. As I remember in SFIV and SFV some characters were announced in gaming events located in the country of the character. But in the initial gameplay trailer it eded as if the next character reveal was going to be Kimberly, but instead was Guile who knows if because of a last minute deal with Doritos Pope. So maybe after Guile they'll announce Kimberly.

anyone played spirit of the North!? 🦊
This is a Street Fighter 6 thread, and doesn't sound Street Fighter 6 related. Sounds more like indie game shameless self spam. I'd suggest to do it instead in the 'what are you playing right now" thread or in the "Big indie game thread".

Reactions: Bryank75 and SSfox

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Mibi, I mean maybe. As I remember in SFIV and SFV some characters were announced in gaming events located in the country of the character. But in the initial gameplay trailer it eded as if the next character reveal was going to be Kimberly, but instead was Guile who knows if because of a last minute deal with Doritos Pope. So maybe after Guile they'll announce Kimberly.

This is a Street Fighter 6 thread, and doesn't sound Street Fighter 6 related. Sounds more like indie game shameless self spam. I'd suggest to do it instead in the 'what are you playing right now" thread or in the "Big indie game thread".

Well about Kimberley i feel she will be at Evo, as you said for SFV Capcom tend to reveal characters in their own country events, Rashid, Gief, Karin to name those, even Cammy (alongside Birdie) i think was also reveal during a time of gaming press that was happening UK. IF there will be a reveal at the french event i would easy bet on Mimi.

And for Evo considering how big it is for FGs there may be even more than 1 character reveal.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well about Kimberley i feel she will be at Evo, as you said for SFV Capcom tend to reveal characters in their own country events, Rashid, Gief, Karin to name those, even Cammy (alongside Birdie) i think was also reveal during a time of gaming press that was happening UK. IF there will be a reveal at the french event i would easy bet on Mimi.

And for Evo considering how big it is for FGs there may be even more than 1 character reveal.
Yes, I think they'll reveal something else other than a single character at EVO, which happens a few weeks after the French event. I also think that probably they'll announce a beta at EVO.

They said after the guile reveal that would pause the SF6 announcements for a while, so probably they won't announce anything else until EVO, and at the French event maybe they simply show the build they had at the Summer Doritos Fest. When announcing it they mentioned it will have the 4 characters of the original gameplay reveal, they didn't mention Guile.

Later this year there will be a gazillion CPT events all around the world so if desired they'll be able to announce characters there. As an example there is a CPT event for Spain and Portugal and we're next to France so I assume there will be a French CPT event in similar dates.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Interview from Game Informer:
  • They learnt from the SFV launch
  • When Ono left (got replaced by the guy in charge of the Mega Man series, but the director and producer of SFV and SF6 continued being the same as with Ono), they gave more priority to the communication with fans
  • The producer is a fan of hip hop culture, but they remind that the hip hop and street/urban art have been there always in the series
  • Final Fight has been a strong influence for SF6, following ties from SFA, SF3, SF4 or SFV
  • Metro City will be "the starting point" of the World Tour story mode
  • World Tour is a place to learn more about legacy characters like Ryu or Chun, their personality and backstory in a new way
  • Modern Control will be allowed in competitive setting (even if it doesn't include all the tools of the Classic Control)
  • They rebalance the game daily, as an ongoing task

Last edited:

Faithless83

21 Jun 2022
My sole criticism on it is the music so far, it feels out of place in a fighting game.
That said, just give us the jukebox option for the classic stuff and I'm set.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
My sole criticism on it is the music so far, it feels out of place in a fighting game.
That said, just give us the jukebox option for the classic stuff and I'm set.
You should listen these OSTs, seems somewhat a mixture of them:
I also think that as happened in SFV they'll add a ton of music tracks and remixes for characters and stages. Including original and remixed classic tracks.

Reactions: Kokoloko