Street Fighter VI Review Scores

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Pretty likely this game is going to be my personal GOTY and maybe of the generation.

Nice to see it has been released in a super polished state and with a ton of content, and that has a lot of depth for the hardcore players but that also has a ton of stuff to make it fun for the newbies, less skilled players or casual ones, and making it way easier and fun to learn to play fighting games and this one in particular.

These awesome reviews, combined with the fact that they also made a huge investment for this season of tournaments with a huge prize pool that will attract proplayers and streamers from other fighting games, I think it will outsell Street Fighter V as the best selling Capcom fighting game ever (with 7M copies stands as the 9th best selling Capcom project ever).

Game has a Wi-fi indicator now

nvfq869jry2b1.png
Tons of people asked for it. Having implemented this, makes very easy for them to implement a filter from the settings to avoid playing against wifi players: something that also many players also asked for.

Something that would be great to implement, even if since most players use wifi in fighting games, it would make way harder to find nearby (to have a good ping) players with your similar level.

I’ll be happy if they don’t force me to engage with world tour. I don’t want any of that. I didn’t like it in alpha 3 and I like it less with player created avatars.
World Tour, Fighting Ground and Battle Hub are three totally independent parts and optional parts, you can totally avoid the ones you don't want to play them:
  • Fighting Ground: the traditional SF experience, menu based local or online versus in 1vs1 or team battle, arcade mode, great tutorials and character guides, the most complete training mode ever, crazy party minigames Extreme Battles mode, online casual or ranked matches etc
  • World Tour: extra single player Street Fighter RPG lite that it's some sort of fun tutorial to learn the gameplay mechanics and extra lore of the characters and to customize your avatar
  • Battle Hub: Small PlayStation Home Street Fighter 'metaverse' where in addition to play the online modes from Fighting Ground like ranked or casual battles you can also engage using your avatar with other players in a 3D lobby, play against them, play or watch tournaments, play in arcade cabinets of classic Capcom arcade games

Last edited:
Reactions: Nym
24 Jun 2022
Chances are I'll eventually pick this up on PC; I really just want to play it but with better fighting game OSTs. SF3 Second Impact & Third Strike, Tekken 3 PS1, Darkstalkers 3, Street Fighter EX & EX2, Tobal 2, Capcom vs SNK 2, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, KOF XI...if I can just add any of the songs from those games to SF6 it'd make everything all the sweeter.

Plus the mod support is a bonus. Very happy with the review scores tho; I knew it would review well. Still doesn't change my opinions on Metacritic as a whole, but good to see it's doing well regardless (and higher than Diablo 4, FWIW).

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Street Fighter games metascore
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix : 87
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 : 93
  • Street Fighter 3rd Strike : 84
  • Street Fighter IV : 94
  • Street Fighter V : 77
  • Street Fighter VI : 92

• Surprised
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I'm probably gonna hold off buying until I see how Tekken and MK1 do

I only need one fighter in my life

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
The game needed this score to really settle all doubt. It should do really good numbers.

I personally can't get into fighters anymore however in my younger years, totally obsessed.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
In a few hours Street Fighter 6 already multiplied by 4 the previous all time record of Steam concurrent users for any Capcom fighting game (record holder was Street Fighter V).

Now it's at 65,873 (may also be a record for the entire fighting genre) and SFV achieved a 14,783 record.

Here in Spain was activated at 2AM and people in USA still didn't get the game activated. Later this weekend the record will be way higher.

I've been playing it a bit and the game is an instant classic, really awesome.

Last edited:

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Steam players all time peak (fighting game) :

Street Fighter 6 : 65.873
■ Dragon Ball FighterZ : 44.303
■ Mortal Kombat 11 : 35.147
■ Guilty Gear Strive : 31.156
■ Dragon Ball Xenoverse : 22.850
■ Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 : 19.416
■ Tekken 7 : 18.966
■ Mortal Kombat X : 15.743
■ Street Fighter V : 14.783
■ SoulCalibur VI : 14.684
■ The King Of Fighter XV : 8.226
■ Naruto Shippuden UNS4 : 7.185
■ Ultra Street Fighter IV : 5.547
■ Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2 : 3.455
■ Dead Or Alive 5 : 2.827
■ Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 : 2.487
■ Guilty Gear XX ACPR : 2.383
■ Guilty Gear Xrd Sign : 1.971
■ Injustice 2 : 1.873
■ Street Fighter X Tekken : 1.302
■ Killer Instinct : 701

Reactions: Yurinka

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Talks volumes about how much steam userbase grew in the last decade. And SFVI will have crossplay so it's a sure get on PC.

Crossplay between all platforms in all fighting games is a must. Netherrealm above all should get the memo.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Talks volumes about how much steam userbase grew in the last decade.
Yes.

It also helped that in PC you were able to buy it for fourtysomething bucks, or 70 in the case of the ultimate edition (105 bucks in PS). Plus in PC you don't need to pay to play online.

On top of that the game has a great performance even in potato laptops, something rare today in AAA releases where many PC players have performance issues or their games can't even run the games.

And SFVI will have crossplay so it's a sure get on PC.

Crossplay between all platforms in all fighting games is a must. Netherrealm above all should get the memo.
Yes, something great about Street Fighter V and Street Fighter 6 is that all players from all platforms and versions play together in the same online. Doesn't matter if you get the vanilla or the Super edition, or if you play in this or that PC, console or generation: everyone play in the same online.

It helps to find more players of your same level nearby and also to keep the game alive for longer.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I jumped in! And bought it so this is how I'm going to spend my evening.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Man i gotta say that this game looks really really good, they really went all-out. Too bad I'm terrible at fighting games and street fighter in particular.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Btw anti-woke anti-butch snowflakes BTFO hard. Marisa is probably the most impressive female strongman character ever made in gaming. Everything about her moveset screams "I'll crush your puny whiny skull, I dare you to say something about my looks to my face. Double dog dare"

• haha
Reactions: Systemshock2023