Street Fighter VI Review Scores

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
What’s the best version to get? Standard, deluxe , or ultimate?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What’s the best version to get? Standard, deluxe , or ultimate?
Ultimate, because it includes the full season pass: the 2 DLC stages and 4 DLC characters with 3 costumes each (each one with it's 10 colors). For PC Ultimate was at 70 bucks in cdkeys.com.

Deluxe includes the 4 DLC chars of season 1 (10 colors for their default costume but without adding the 2 extra costumes for each DLC character and without the 2 DLC stages. Deluxe also gives you less Drive Tickets to buy in-game stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: anonpuffs

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They will roll off 4 characters per season instead of 6 like they did in SFV? That's too bad.
Apparently yes, the deluxe edition includes 4 DLC characters with 10 colors for their default costume.

The ultimate edition adds on top 2 stages, 2 extra costumes for each one these 4 characters, each costume with 10 colors.

So it's fair to assume they'll add 4 characters and 2 stages per season. Pretty likely that will give them more time to fix bugs and rebalance the game, and implement other new features and content (as would be tournaments, seasonal events, etc that will require more work than in SFV), and also free some resources to maybe start to work on Street Fighter VII sooner in order to release it 7 years from now.

In SFV they had some issues and delays with their seasons content, reducing the characters per season would pretty likely solve it or reduce them for SF6.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Why is so many character from previous street fighter game missing? To be sold as dlc latter? I am not pleased

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
How the
Why is so many character from previous street fighter game missing? To be sold as dlc latter? I am not pleased
That's exactky what they are doing. Granted the game has good amount of content and some transactions you can buy with in game earning currency but even Ryus og white costume you need to pay real cash for. I don't like that.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
BTW the world tour is OK and Def can be a time consumer but it's not great imo. I'd give that mode a 6/10.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
How the

That's exactky what they are doing. Granted the game has good amount of content and some transactions you can buy with in game earning currency but even Ryus og white costume you need to pay real cash for. I don't like that.

You can unlock all the classic costumes via world tour mode in addition to being able to purchase them

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You can unlock all the classic costumes via world tour mode in addition to being able to purchase them
Didnt see that for Ryu og but I'm level 30 in world tour so I shall see.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You don't need to be a high level you just need to have max bond level with a master and that unlocks it
I've been leveling up as Ryu as a master and giving him gifts so I should get it soon than.

• Shake
Reactions: Nym

Nym

21 Jun 2022
I've been leveling up as Ryu as a master and giving him gifts so I should get it soon than.

Give him Instant Soba you purchase from the vendor near E. Honda in Metro City. Giving a master their favourite gift gives you the max amount of points, 5

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
No, you can unlock for free in the World Tour mode the 2nd costume (each one comes with 10 colors) for all characters, which for the returning characters it's their classic nostalgia costume, as in the case of Ryu his OG white costume and without beard.

This weekend I unlocked the costume of half of the cast, all the ones with the pink bar full:

image.png

They get unlocked when in World Tour that character becomes your master and you reach the bond level 100 with the master. The fastest way I found to quickly boost bond level it's to give the master multiple times their favorite gift, which can be bought in certain locations (explained in this table), no need to find the gifts by fighting random people in the world tour mode.

And a quick way to get in-game cash to buy the gifts, in addition to normally play the game (it's part of the loot), it's to sell in the stores part of the loot you got and won't use, including clothes that you won't wear for stats or look, or consumables you don't use, or items that only exist to be sold. There are also the 'jobs', which are in most cases inspired by the bonus stages minigames from SF1, SF2, SF3, etc, and give you a good chunk of cash.

I achieved it playing normally the World Tour mode, which I almost completed including most secondary and optional quests in around 35 hours. I estimate that with 45-50 hours you'll be able to complete all the main, secondary and optional stuff in the World Tour include maxing your bond with all characters:

image.png

But if not interested in the story mode and learning the lore of the game and its characters, or to create a great looking avatar for Battle Hub with your favorite moves from different characters, and you choose instead to play World Tour only to unlock the costumes, each Master/character gets unlocked in different points of the main story so I'd suggest you to stick to the main story quests (a few of them require you to do certain specific secondary one to be activated) until unlocking the character you want.

Reviewers said they completed the World Tour in 15-18 hours, so you'd be able to unlock almost most characters in 10-14 hours of World Tour play or even less and some costumes.

I suggest you to use this table to know which is the favorite gift of each master and where to buy it.

The gifts that aren't the favorite one of that character raise the bond in 1 or 2 levels. The favorite one raises it in 5 levels. So sell all the stuff you won't use to get extra cash and buy the required gift in enough quantity to reach level 100.

To include way over 100 characters in a fighting game, specially at launch would be too expensive to develop, too difficult to balance, and too difficult for players to learn.

So this is why brand new fighting games start with around 16 characters or so, to keep them polished and allowing people to learn them well. And then from that they keep adding slowly more characters to give players time to learn them.

Regarding the returning vs new characters balance, 2 thirds are returning characters and 1 third are brand new ones even if some of them are heavily inspired by previous ones or the mixture of a couple of them.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Has anyone tried legacy ps4 fightpads on ps5? I’ve seen this asked in a few places and tried looking for answers but have yet to see a direct answer.

Which leads me to ask? Anyone try to do so on ps5? (I’m gonna try on the demo now to see if that version has it… doubt)

I thought I had a Hori Fighting Commader laying around but I must’ve gotten rid of it. Have a madcatz sfv pad that I also don’t hate because I prefer the disc over movement over the d-pad for movement for most play styles. wouldn’t mind using it again

Also don’t want to add another $60 to this purchase but it’s probably gonna happen. That new hori pad does not look good honestly … but whatever there’s like no other options.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Has anyone tried legacy ps4 fightpads on ps5? I’ve seen this asked in a few places and tried looking for answers but have yet to see a direct answer.

Which leads me to ask? Anyone try to do so on ps5? (I’m gonna try on the demo now to see if that version has it… doubt)

I thought I had a Hori Fighting Commader laying around but I must’ve gotten rid of it. Have a madcatz sfv pad that I also don’t hate because I prefer the disc over movement over the d-pad for movement for most play styles. wouldn’t mind using it again

Also don’t want to add another $60 to this purchase but it’s probably gonna happen. That new hori pad does not look good honestly … but whatever there’s like no other options.
Tried my hori was upset it does not work with ps5.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
PS4 controllers won't work with PS5 games is my understanding, though for whatever reason they allow PS licensed PS4 arcade sticks to work with PS5 games.

My Etokki Omni I bought for PS4 does not work with PS5 games, but my Qanba Obsidian does.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

It’s mostly the reason I’m holding back at the moment. Legacy controller support has existed on PlayStation consoles before. It’s unfortunate that we sorta get shafted like this. Everyone else I know is using their previous hardware.

Apparently there’s converters but not sure which way to go on those.

The fight stick support adds more to the confusion…. :/

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
After 42 hours in World Tour I completed its main story, after having maxed my bond with 11 characters (meaning, unlocking their classic / alt costume) and having completed all secondary missions with the exception of 3.

After completing the main story you can continue playing it to continue raising your bond with masters (raised interacting with them in different ways, mostly via gifts), and your style rank with these masters (style rank unlocks new special moves and super arts of that master for your avatar, it's raised mostly using in World Tour battles their fighting style and moves with your avatar).

I think the World Tour mode visuals and performance aren't good enough, but other that I think it's the best and most ambitious story mode ever made for a fighting game. It's a really fun way to learn and practice the mechanics and moves, and also a really fun way to deepen into the Street Fighter and Final Fight lore, connecting more the brands and their different games, and also a really fun way to create your avatar that later you'll use in Battle Hub even to fight against other players using their own avatars.

It has countless easter eggs, locations and references from mostly Street Fighter and Final Fight but also to other Capcom games like Mega Man or Son Son. In terms of lore, it feels as the start of a bigger story that I assume they'll keep completing in the upcoming seasons when adding new DLC characters.

Related to this, I think there are some hints: there are references to the remaining Shadaloo fighters doing stuff in the shadows setting up Neo-Shadaloo, but none of them is shown as NPCs. So probably in some post launch content we'll see tthe return of Shadaloo/Neo-Shadaloo. There's some references to SF3 -the closest chronologically story wise- and some character introduced in the SF3 series (like Sean) but none of these characters appears there as NPCs, so probably they'll expand on this on post launch content. And we also see many references to Haggar, Cody, Guy or even Poison and many other popular Final Fight characters but they don't appear as NPCs (with the exception of as I remember Damnd and Carlos, plus some Andore family members), so maybe they'll be introduced later in Final Fight themed post launch content.

Despite the graphics / performance issues, I really enjoyed World Tour, and will continue playing it to unlock the costumes from the remaining characters, to complete remaining secondary missions and unlocking the remaining moves from certain characters.

PS4 controllers won't work with PS5 games is my understanding, though for whatever reason they allow PS licensed PS4 arcade sticks to work with PS5 games.

My Etokki Omni I bought for PS4 does not work with PS5 games, but my Qanba Obsidian does.
It’s mostly the reason I’m holding back at the moment. Legacy controller support has existed on PlayStation consoles before. It’s unfortunate that we sorta get shafted like this. Everyone else I know is using their previous hardware.

Apparently there’s converters but not sure which way to go on those.

The fight stick support adds more to the confusion…. :/
I suggest you to buy a Brook adapter they allow you to play on PS5 with controllers from other platforms:
https://www.brookaccessory.com/PS Converters/list.html

If you want to use a PS3/PS4/XBO/360/Switch/PC wired controller on a PS5/PS4/PC(using x-input in PC), like a arcade stick, hitbox or gamepad then the best one is Brook Wingman FGC adapter:
https://www.brookaccessory.com/products/wingmanfgc/index.html

It costs around 50 bucks and adds basically zero latency.

Brook it's the brand that also makes the Brook UFB (Universal Fighting Board), the best motherboard for custom made or modded arcade sticks and hitboxes: it's compatible with basically anything (for PS5 needed an addon, but this month they release a new model -Brook UFB Fusion- that includes the addon) with a USB connector and offers the best latency in the custom/modding arcade sticks market. In fact as I remember has better latency than any commercial arcade stick or gamepad in the market with the exception of 8bit Do and maybe one or two more.

Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78 and Nym