Summer Game Fest 2023 | OT | June 8, 2PM PDT/3PM EDT/9PM CEST/8PM BST

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why the fuck was FFVII not at the PS Showcase? What the hell was Sony thinking?
Because Geoff might have had a deal with Square to show it at SGF for quite awhile?

A bunch of you guys act like Sony can just do whatever it wants, and the only reason something doesn't happen is because it's "dumb."

Big industries like these, just like anything else, revolves around relationships and my guess is Geoff has a lot of very good relationships with many different companies and people. So some of them might actually want to help him put on his show.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nothing close to a megaton, but there has been several promising games shown, we'll eat good.

Reactions: Entropi

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Because Geoff might have had a deal with Square to show it at SGF for quite awhile?

A bunch of you guys act like Sony can just do whatever it wants, and the only reason something doesn't happen is because it's "dumb."

Big industries like these, just like anything else, revolves around relationships and my guess is Geoff has a lot of very good relationships with many different companies and people. So some of them might actually want to help him put on his show.
Facts

Sony is a disorganised mess when it comes to marketing

They showed CG for their live action games and probably pulled the Spiderman 2 trailer out of SGF so they could use it in the showcase

You need to be organising these events a year in advance. To me it's clear they threw it together very quickly

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
How’s the game?
I'm super early, but it feels like Dark Souls set in a Dishonored-inspired world. The graphics are noticeably better than any From game, but the animation might be a little worse. It's deranged in an original way that sets it apart.

• Shake
Reactions: Entropi

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
One thing is clear from this show. Geoff knows gamers. All gameplay trailers, very little CGI. Overall high quality of games. Nicolas Cage was a little iffy but I'm also impressed that he keeps getting big names to show up to his events.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
One thing is clear from this show. Geoff knows gamers. All gameplay trailers, very little CGI. Overall high quality of games. Nicolas Cage was a little iffy but I'm also impressed that he keeps getting big names to show up to his events.
At this point I think if Sony is just going to half-ass it they should just stick to Steat of Plays, Summer Game Fest and TGA.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
FF7 was easily a megaton.
It would have been if they would have announced today, but it wasn't the case. It was another trailer of the game we already saw and that we already knew it's a PS5 exclusive to be released this winter.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Their own first party has certainly shit the bed this year.

Call of the Mountain
Burning Shores
Firewall Ultra
MLB
Spider-Man 2
Factions 2

All Sony's owned IP. So, what's the problem? And Spidey isn't out yet

Which ones did they announce at the Showcase and are coming out this year other than Spider Man?

Ignored 1st half of the year deliberately......Xbot??

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Factions 2
Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN