Summer Game Fest 2023 | OT | June 8, 2PM PDT/3PM EDT/9PM CEST/8PM BST

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It would have been if they would have announced today, but it wasn't the case. It was another trailer of the game we already saw and that we already knew it's a PS5 exclusive to be released this winter.
Ffs, with so much hype scenes on the trailer. Complete megaton

Reactions: The Icon

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
You didn't seem to mind using it before your last temporary reprieve.

I think you're confusing with Hi-Fi Rush, the game which actually destroyed Forspoken at the same time.

Stop trolling.

Nickelodeon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Just got through the show. I rate it a 7, one lower than the PS showcase, which at least didn't have to resort to mobile games and FTP PC stuff.

Standouts for me were the reveals- Sonic, Prince of Persia and Sandland. Sadly, a lot of the bigger news was spoiled ahead of time. Though you can still include the trailers, I suppose, still gets a (Final Fantasy) 7.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I think you're confusing with Hi-Fi Rush, the game which actually destroyed Forspoken at the same time.

Nickelodeon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
"Destroyed" lmao

Hi-flop rush only destroyed the hopes and dreams of xbox acolytes who thought they were going to get solid AAA bangers instead of a constant stream of mediocre and indie level content

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
It would have been if they would have announced today, but it wasn't the case. It was another trailer of the game we already saw and that we already knew it's a PS5 exclusive to be released this winter.

It’s a new trailer. What are you talking about?

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
"Destroyed" lmao

Hi-flop rush only destroyed the hopes and dreams of xbox acolytes who thought they were going to get solid AAA bangers instead of a constant stream of mediocre and indie level content

You sound like a very reasonable minded individual with takes like this :sleep:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Stop trolling.
His replies are no worse than the other half of the conversation.

Anyways, unrelatedly, why on earth is Sonic Team rushing Superstars out only 2 years after Frontiers. And its a totally different genre too. Holy shit guys, outsource this one to the Mania group (with no 3D) and stick to Frontiers for now, you actually managed to make a good one there.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Not mindblowing, but still very good, with MK1 and FF7R the highlights of the show , AW2 looks POG too

Spiderman 2 release date is nice, but Kinda L Sony didn't announce this in their own showcase, a showcase that was already extra empty of good reveals. Honestly i fail to understand fucking Sony recenlty, like WTF bruh. But Anyway i don't want to be mad right now

Only real bummer was no T8. Eh but anyways can't wait for the news, my most anticipated game on any hardware.

Also bit surprise at no DS2, next TGA i guess.

Anyways this thousands time better than PS Showcase (which tbh wasn't that hard to beat)

Reactions: Entropi
24 Jun 2022

Don't know where to put this, but apparently Atlus leaked Persona 3 Remake and Persona 5 Tactics on their Instagram.

They're both premiering at the Xbox Showcase.

They're also both going to Game Pass Day 1.

I keep telling people that the Sega & Azure partnership from early last year was going to result in stuff like this. Just curious how Persona fans on PlayStation feel about these kind of moves is all.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Don't know where to put this, but apparently Atlus leaked Persona 3 Remake and Persona 5 Tactics on their Instagram.

They're both premiering at the Xbox Showcase.

They're also both going to Game Pass Day 1.

I keep telling people that the Sega & Azure partnership from early last year was going to result in stuff like this. Just curious how Persona fans on PlayStation feel about these kind of moves is all.

Atlus is a dogwater company so xbox can have them. I really enjoyed person 5 royal but the fact that atlus wanted full price to upgrade from the ps4 to ps5 version for basically minor nothingburger upgrades put a bad taste in my mouth and it isn't the first time they did something like this. If they think customers are cows they can just keep milking I'll take my business elsewhere.

24 Jun 2022
Atlus is a dogwater company so xbox can have them. I really enjoyed person 5 royal but the fact that atlus wanted full price to upgrade from the ps4 to ps5 version for basically minor nothingburger upgrades put a bad taste in my mouth and it isn't the first time they did something like this. If they think customers are cows they can just keep milking I'll take my business elsewhere.

I'm just curious how much of this is Atlus's decision vs Sega's, and the latter basically bringing Atlus along. Though IIRC the original terms of that acquisition were that Atlus would basically be allowed to choose where to focus their efforts, so unless that has changed, I would guess it's at least as much Atlus's decision as it is Sega's.

I'm curious what's going to happen with Persona 6 especially if hardcore fans who usually buy on PS Day 1 decide they wait for it to eventually go to Game Pass. Unless it's multiplat Day 1 and somehow MS gets it in Game Pass, could see that being both a big move but also a kick in the crotch to a decently sized subset of the core fanbase.

It's a risky game they're playing with some of these moves, that's for certain.