Switch 2: Reveal early october and $400 for basic SKU, Two Models

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
It won’t be as powerful as a Pro.

The Steamdeck is Base PS4 level.

Aya Neo is Xbox Potato S level and 1000 dollars.

I expect this to be considerably more powerful than a steam deck.

Not to mention the lite version will probably limit resolution to 720p.

It should have some level of AI upscaling as well.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I expect this to be considerably more powerful than a steam deck.

Not to mention the lite version will probably limit resolution to 720p.

It should have some level of AI upscaling as well.

Prepare to be disappointed.

Nintendo this century is always profit at launch.

A 400 dollar profitable handheld will not be PS4 Pro level.

More like Base PS4/Steamdeck level.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I think you're ignoring the impact the ai upscaling will have.

Cause we are talking Hardware Specs.

AI Upscaling is available in the Steamdeck and other PC Handhelds.

The Switch 2 will be a glorifield Base PS4/Steamdeck at best.

Especially when Nintendo is charging 400 dollars and making a profit.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Day 1. I'll get the more expensive SKU, hopefully we get more than 250gb on it.

I'm just ready for people to see how weak it'll be and stop acting like this thing is gonna run 3rd parties as good as a ps/xbox can. It's still going to be ways away from that. Nintendo games will carry it so doesn't matter to me.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Cause we are talking Hardware Specs.

AI Upscaling is available in the Steamdeck and other PC Handhelds.

The Switch 2 will be a glorifield Base PS4/Steamdeck at best.

Especially when Nintendo is charging 400 dollars and making a profit.

What AI upscaling exactly is available on the steam deck that is in line with the latest DLSS?

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Pretty sure the $400 base model will be equivalent to the Switch Lite. That's a 100% price increase over the current model which is just $200. $500 Switch 2 for hybrid model that's equivalent to the current Switch. $550-$600 for Oled Switch 2 model that will be released later on. Yeah, Sony is about to have a damn near monopoly in the console space 🤣

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
What AI upscaling exactly is available on the steam deck that is in line with the latest DLSS?

What does the Switch 2 have?

You honestly think a Base PS4 spec handheld will miraculously become a PS4 Pro?

It doesn’t. Even if it has it.

The successor to the Nintendo Switch may not include Deep Learning Accelerator tech for its upscaling, it’s claimed.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
The Switch 2 will never be as powerful as a PS4 Pro or even Xbox One X. The most expensive handheld which can do 1080p 60fps/ 1440p 30fps cost roughly 1000 bucks. I am in denial to believe that Nintendo would go out of their way to enter potent Hardware race again and sell the console at a loss. Even with DSSL I don't believe we will see 4K on Nintendo Switch 2. But agree 500 bucks for the Hybrid model with a dock would be tough to swallow.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Muddasar

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
has nintendo ever released a lite on the same date as the og console? im more inclined to believe that the two sku is just the same scenario as the og switch back then with the two colors, both hybrid versions costing 400 and who knows, lite version in 2027 cheaper than that

nintendo_switch_greyneon_1539238058_3bac08eb_progressive.jpg

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
What does the Switch 2 have?

You honestly think a Base PS4 spec handheld will miraculously become a PS4 Pro?

It doesn’t. Even if it has it.

The successor to the Nintendo Switch may not include Deep Learning Accelerator tech for its upscaling, it’s claimed.

Entirely speculative...

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
My speculation is based on where nvidia is now in their tech. I think it's a bigger assumption to think it won't have it than it will.

It is still speculation.

With or without, the Switch 2 will not be on par to a PS4 Pro.

Not at 400 dollars and from profit first Nintendo.

You have 1000 dollar handhelds which are barely on par with a PS4 Pro.

Let’s be realistic here.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Entropi

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
$400 for sub series s performance. Garbage! But watch Nintendo fan its eat it up.
Atleast Nintendo has true permanent exclusive, so by all rights there able to do whatever unlike PS & Xbox.

If there was one company that would survive ballooning budget + economic struggle is Nintendo by keeping there hardware use old tech allows them to bring profits day 1 + focusing on smaller budget games having high roi. At the end for a console you need fun amazing games they don’t have to be AAA they can be AA & Nintendo has continuously has shown that over decades. Maybe something PS should learn instead of waving the white flag in Japan & becoming nearly entirely irrelevant compared to Nintendo. The future is mobile & Valve & Nintendo understands this also both of them understands exclusive & not doing any harm or diminishing of its own platform.

Switch 2 will slaughter PS5 globally w more 3rd party day 1 + true permanent exclusive games such as massive hits as Mario Kart 9, Smash Bros Super Ultimate, mainline Mario/Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, Splattoon 4 I can keep going