Switch 2: Reveal early october and $400 for basic SKU, Two Models

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
My speculation is based on where nvidia is now in their tech. I think it's a bigger assumption to think it won't have it than it will.

I hope DLSS is in, but knowing Nintendo, if it has an additional cost associated with it, it is definitely out.

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
I expect a good technical breakthrough, if this device costs 500 dollars and is technically inferior to a Steam Deck, then why not buy a Steam Deck right away?

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
I expect a good technical breakthrough, if this device costs 500 dollars and is technically inferior to a Steam Deck, then why not buy a Steam Deck right away?

exclusives. no one plays nintendo for the hardware

Reactions: arvfab

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
From Nintendo, I'm only interested in Zelda, but if they want good third party support, they need to deliver something powerful

i get what youre saying, and i bet the nintendo execs probably want the same, but i think i never met a person who was a nintendo switch only gamer haha, pc/ps for the 3rd party + a nintendo to play the exclusives you like is such a popular combo

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I expect this to be considerably more powerful than a steam deck.

Not to mention the lite version will probably limit resolution to 720p.

It should have some level of AI upscaling as well.
Even if it is more powerful than SteamDeck. By the time Switch 2 releases, SteamDeck 2 will likely be a year away.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Atleast Nintendo has true permanent exclusive, so by all rights there able to do whatever unlike PS & Xbox.

If there was one company that would survive ballooning budget + economic struggle is Nintendo by keeping there hardware use old tech allows them to bring profits day 1 + focusing on smaller budget games having high roi. At the end for a console you need fun amazing games they don’t have to be AAA they can be AA & Nintendo has continuously has shown that over decades. Maybe something PS should learn instead of waving the white flag in Japan & becoming nearly entirely irrelevant compared to Nintendo. The future is mobile & Valve & Nintendo understands this also both of them understands exclusive & not doing any harm or diminishing of its own platform.

Switch 2 will slaughter PS5 globally w more 3rd party day 1 + true permanent exclusive games such as massive hits as Mario Kart 9, Smash Bros Super Ultimate, mainline Mario/Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, Splattoon 4 I can keep going
Sure Nintendo fanboy. Lol

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Basic by Nintendo standards will be trash.

No one will complain cause not Sony.
People have been complaining about Switch since it was announced. Go look at original NG threads, with tons of people saying it will bomb for all the same reasons you'll see the time (price and "outdated" hardware) which shows a complete lack of understanding why people buy gaming hardware.

If they just do an updated version of Switch and keep focusing on producing regular, fun, software they will be fine.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
If Switch 2 can have specs that equal Xbox Series S, I will gladly pay $500 for the hybrid console. Add in backwards compatibility, upgrades for Switch 1 games and maybe bring back Virtual Console like Wii had and yeah, day fucking one baby!!!

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Even if it is more powerful than SteamDeck. By the time Switch 2 releases, SteamDeck 2 will likely be a year away.

Nintendo is not in competition with the Steam Deck, even a more powerful steam deck.

As long as the Steam Deck doesn't have a massive margin and doesn't have physical software, there's really not much reason for retailers to stock it. Without retail, you're not going to have mass market success. Even Apple sells their phones in stores.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
People have been complaining about Switch since it was announced. Go look at original NG threads, with tons of people saying it will bomb for all the same reasons you'll see the time (price and "outdated" hardware) which shows a complete lack of understanding why people buy gaming hardware.

If they just do an updated version of Switch and keep focusing on producing regular, fun, software they will be fine.

Exactly, especially if that software is exclusive to their console.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven

Different market now. Several PC handhelds out, with both Sony and xbox doing their own. More competition.

Then the biggest issue. Convincing the casual market to switch over. Little Timmy isn't getting a $400 console when mommy already bought him a Switch.
They'll do fine but they won't do anywhere near Switch numbers.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
$400 is cheap these days.

I'm really interested what the specs are for that low price, cause you know they will want a decent profit margin on it.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Perfomance? Has to be at be at least on par with ps5 ( a console that came out in 2020)

That should be good enough to carry third party games for nintendo

• haha
Reactions: Systemshock2023

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
As long as the Steam Deck doesn't have a massive margin and doesn't have physical software, there's really not much reason for retailers to stock it. Without retail, you're not going to have mass market success. Even Apple sells their phones in stores.
IPhone doesn't have physical software either numbnuts