Switch 2 rumor |OT| launch at $400. |UP| Successor to switch will be announced at end of fiscal year.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
if this is true, they'll replace Xbox when it comes to developers making money on third party games, every game we've seen in this gen so far can be
scalable to run on a PS4 that has 8GB of RAM, if the Switch 2 has 12GB+ (the right thing would be 16GB) but anyway, they'll be a very important platform for publishers

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PlacidusaX

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
if this is true, they'll replace Xbox when it comes to developers making money on third party games, every game we've seen in this gen so far can be
scalable to run on a PS4 that has 8GB of RAM, if the Switch 2 has 12GB+ (the right thing would be 16GB) but anyway, they'll be a very important platform for publishers
3rd party games sell well on PS and PC. Their sales in Xbox and Switch are poor, and Nintendo devices are too underpowered to run high end AAA games.

Banana

10 Jan 2023
12 gb of memory will be a limitation for sure. Anything unified these days needs 24 minimum. It's been that way for a while now actually.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Remains to be seen if this is a 64 or 128bit arrangement.
Though it's probably 64bit like the Switch.

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
That's really good, it's LBDDR5x as well, better than ps4. With DLSS it will I hope be really good.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
That's really good, it's LBDDR5x as well, better than ps4. With DLSS it will I hope be really good.
The PS4 uses 256bit 5.5MT/s GDDR5 for 176GB/s.
The Switch 2 either uses 64bit 7.5MT/s LP5X for 60GB/s or the same memory in a 128bit arrangement for 120GB/s.

It's not better than the PS4. At best it's 32% slower in memory bandwidth but it be 66% slower (i.e. a third of the PS4's mem bandwidth).

Reactions: TigerFang

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
3rd party games sell well on PS and PC. Their sales in Xbox and Switch are poor, and Nintendo devices are too underpowered to run high end AAA games.

I'll take high quality Nintendo games over TLOU 1.5 Turbo HD Remix director's Cut pro Edition

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'll take high quality Nintendo games over TLOU 1.5 Turbo HD Remix director's Cut pro Edition
Do you mean high quality refurbished WiiU and 3DS games or the same NES rom being sold to you for the 7th time?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Do you mean high quality refurbished WiiU and 3DS games or the same NES rom being sold to you for the 7th time?
Yeah Thyve done this shit a few times. Ppl said tht they deadass were the iso files 😂

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

Yeah, that's nowhere close to PS4’s GDDR5 bandwidth. Let’s be real, the Switch 2 will not match a PS4 in raw power, but it doesn't need to.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

And at the same time still releasing multiple new orginal games every year. What can we expect from Sony? More PC ports?

• haha
Reactions: Banana

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
And at the same time still releasing multiple new orginal games every year. What can we expect from Sony? More PC ports?
We can expect Sony to continue publishing more big new games and particularly more new IPs every year/generation than Nintendo, as they always did.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
We can expect Sony to continue publishing more big new games and particularly more new IPs every year/generation than Nintendo, as they always did.

Award winning new IPs like Foamstars and Forspoken!

• haha
Reactions: Banana

Lynsen

18 Apr 2024

The only AAA exclusive that the Switch had was Monster Hunter Rise, and that sold remarkably well

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Award winning new IPs like Foamstars and Forspoken!
Yes, I forgot to mention Sony also will continue having by far the biggest and better 3rd party support for any console, both for 3rd party console exclusives and for multiplatform games that aren't in some console.

Which almost always is Switch because it's too underpowered to run most of them and because when they can, they sell there way less than in other platforms.

As an example, almost every single year the GOTY winners and most GOTY candidates are available on PS but not in Switch.

The only AAA exclusive that the Switch had was Monster Hunter Rise, and that sold remarkably well
Yes, and was a timed console exclusive, Capcom went later to also release it where their previous Monster Hunter was released. Maybe because that previous MH, which wasn't available on Switch, did sell way better and is the best selling MH game ever.

Last edited: