Take Two confirms PS5 and Xbox Series as platforms for GTA VI, current gen only!! 🔥(no PC)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Why limit your sales potential??

(Would sell more as a PS exclusive, and even more if you added PC day 1)
Limit sales potential?

They release the game for PC late to maximize sales… it is the only way to reach these 190 millions units sold.

A lot of sales are double dips that should not happen if PC was released along side consoles.

That is how you do business 🔥

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
PS5 sales are gonna explore yet again when this game comes out. I'm guessing it's a 1 year wait for PC players, then? Could be longer tho.

T2 not yielding any of that B2P sales revenue to PC pirates (or potential cosmetics & skins MTX revenue to modders making that stuff for free).

You've been misled. PC competes with consoles AND piracy is a big issue on PC. Even the modding scene is something of an issue and can screw over revenue from official cosmetic sales.

The way I look at it, this is a net gain for consoles, especially PS5 (and PS5 Pro if that releases). PC (specifically Steam) is a competing platform for these types of games with the consoles but I think in T2/R*'s case they simply don't want to risk piracy and hacking screwing the game up at launch on PC and the consoles (that stuff can usually get deployed console-side after a little while). They may also be focusing all optimization efforts on the consoles and saving the myriad of PC configurations for afterwards.

EDIT: They said PS5 systems, as in plural...yeah that might just about confirm a PS5 Pro is happening after all.

The sales for PS5s are going to be insane. Agreed on all your points. This idea that porting/releasing to PC is "free money" has always had a lot of holes in it. It's also like this is an affirmation of Sony's way of doing PC ports which is nice to see after all the begging for day one PC releases (of Sony first-party games) that I've seen.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Limit sales potential?

They release the game for PC late to maximize sales… it is the only way to reach these 190 millions units sold.

A lot of sales are double dips that should not happen if PC was released along side consoles.

That is how you do business 🔥
I know. My true feelings on the matter are in the other thread. PC can stay 2nd class.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
I know. My true feelings on the matter are in the other thread. PC can stay 2nd class.
But by the time this game come to PC in 2025 RTX 5090 will arrive and i think pc version would be superior to ps5 and xbox series x

Both ps5 and series x are comparable to 3090

On new 5090 max setting well be seeing some noticeable difference i think

As comparison this is how ps5 compared to 4090

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
But by the time this game come to PC in 2027* RTX 5090 will arrive and i think pc version would be superior to ps5 and xbox series x

Fixed that for you. Stay waiting

• haha
Reactions: Diah and Airbus

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
But by the time this game come to PC in 2025 RTX 5090 will arrive and i think pc version would be superior to ps5 and xbox series x

This video is a joke lmao

Reactions: Diah and ethomaz
D

Deleted member 223

All is right in the world for just this second.

Should be more developers doing this, and Sony breaking some legs but expecting a fight out of some in San Mateo is too much these days.

tumblr_mca0cshaFa1qlpk58o1_400.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
  • brain
Reactions: Diah

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The biggest video game of all time is going to be ONLY ON NEXT GEN CONSOLES AT LAUNCH. And idiots will still say console is irrelevant and dying, and that PC, mobile, and cloud gaming is where it's at 😂

the niche console era is definitely fading out 🤣

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
The biggest video game of all time is going to be ONLY ON NEXT GEN CONSOLES AT LAUNCH. And idiots will still say console is irrelevant and dying, and that PC, mobile, and cloud gaming is where it's at 😂

the niche console era is definitely fading out 🤣

I've been gaming on consoles for around 40 years now. I can't count the times I've heard that consoles are dying or this gen will be the last one. It must really bother some of these people that, no matter the specs, Xbox consoles keep staying third place.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023

PS5 and series x are not comparable to a 3090 lol. 2070 is more their speed.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
I've been gaming on consoles for around 40 years now. I can't count the times I've heard that consoles are dying or this gen will be the last one. It must really bother some of these people that, no matter the specs, Xbox consoles keep staying third place.
I haven't heard consoles are dying ever. Dont think they ever will because of the cheap price point and the casual crowd.

Reactions: Jim Ryan