Take Two confirms PS5 and Xbox Series as platforms for GTA VI, current gen only!! 🔥(no PC)

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
@flaccidsnake @Systemshock2023 @Frozone

4b5e8155eb7d8397b26b0d156c39898c.gif

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I haven't heard consoles are dying ever. Dont think they ever will because of the cheap price point and the casual crowd.

Look no further than the tweet on this page for that very opinion. There is a person calling consoles "niche" and saying they will fade out in a gen or so. That aside, I'm inclined to agree with you on their longevity.

Edit: My bad. The tweet is on page 2.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I've been gaming on consoles for around 40 years now. I can't count the times I've heard that consoles are dying or this gen will be the last one. It must really bother some of these people that, no matter the specs, Xbox consoles keep staying third place.
It's self defeating cope, a guy that only games on console is praying for the death of consoles because his preferred console is flopping.... Sad as hell

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Jizz Corden pining for Xbox marketing deal and trying to say the Series S will be the best GTA 6 console because of its price point 😂😂 This fool needs to realize most people don't want something just cuz its more affordable.

It's been cheap as hell and constantly discounted all generation and still no one wants it, Sony raised the ps5 price and that didn't even make the Series S desirable.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
It's self defeating cope, a guy that only games on console is praying for the death of consoles because his preferred console is flopping.... Sad as hell

Yep, getting a real 'burn everything to the ground' feeling - all just so MS can finally get a win. It's the same energy as Jez hoping regulators force Sony and Nintendo to allow Game Pass and a Xbox storefront on their platforms. It would have severe consequences for their businesses, but fuck it - anything for Xbox to finally gain a place at the big boy's table.

I was thinking recently that, in addition to console sales, another big blow is that Starfield failed to move the needle. As did the ABK acquisition. The amount of cope and wishful thinking after each disappointment is just getting more and more extreme. I wonder what the next one will be because, at the rate things are going, I'm sure there will be more.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I find this whole celebration that a third party game is not coming to PC to be very... Child like? What is there to celebrate? This is not the case of like a PS Studios game being ported, it's literally a multiplatform franchise.

Anyway, I'm not getting this on console or PC, so I really don't care where it releases.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
In-engine trailer looks pretty decent. I hate the stiff animations though. I hope they do better with that or at least show some actual gameplay that has animation akin to RDR2.

Not coming to PC on launch is meh. It might be an extremely popular title to the masses but I've never found there GTA series mouth-wateringly fun.

Of course, I'll wait on the PC version when it comes out. By then most people will have gotten over the hype and can move on to new and better games. I don't consider this one of those games that I need to get early on console unlike Wolverine.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Jizz Corden pining for Xbox marketing deal and trying to say the Series S will be the best GTA 6 console because of its price point 😂😂 This fool needs to realize most people don't want something just cuz its more affordable.

It's been cheap as hell and constantly discounted all generation and still no one wants it, Sony raised the ps5 price and that didn't even make the Series S desirable.

They want Microsoft to get the marketing rights & get exclusive content despite having meltdowns about playstation paying for the marketing rights to cod last gen 🤣 they're such hypocrites

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I find this whole celebration that a third party game is not coming to PC to be very... Child like? What is there to celebrate? This is not the case of like a PS Studios game being ported, it's literally a multiplatform franchise.

Anyway, I'm not getting this on console or PC, so I really don't care where it releases.
By that logic, this entire forum is childish 😂 It's just jokes, pc's are somehow part of the console war just as much as ps/xbox/nintendo, so they'll get the same jokes as every other platform. No platform is exempt from light banter, not even the master race

It's even funnier when you see stuff like this, negative reviews on the gta 5 steam page because no gta 6 day 1 release

image.png

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Tht guy irks me.
"Perhaps there's a universe where Microsoft actually lands the GTA 6 marketing rights too, however unlikely that might seem. Perhaps there's a universe where the Xbox Series S gets price cuts, and GTA 6 bundles, complete with Xbox Game Pass to boot. Perhaps there's a universe where Xbox Game Pass comes with bonuses for GTA 6 Online, much like Microsoft's deal with Riot on League of Legends. But of course, none of this is set in stone."

The guys literally searching the multiverse for Xbox to get a W 🤣

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
By that logic, this entire forum is childish 😂 It's just jokes, pc's are somehow part of the console war just as much as ps/xbox/nintendo, so they'll get the same jokes as every other platform. No platform is exempt from light banter, not even the master race

It's even funnier when you see stuff like this, negative reviews on the gta 5 steam page because no gta 6 day 1 release

image.png
It's good because we won't have to deal with pc cheaters , I'm sure rockstar / take 2 know alot of people download GTA 5 pirated on pc aswell

Reactions: Diah

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I agree.

But I think there is no surprise here at all.
Rockstar and GTA games are first console... PC later.
It is like that since GTA3 in 2001 (PC received it in 2002).

Rockstar won't change it business model to cater PC players.
And 190 million units sold shows it works and it is the best business model for the industry.
Rockstar maximized game sales that makes others publishers feels dumb with their simultaneous releases every year.

• they're_right_you_know

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

I doubt that Microsoft will get the marketing rights. Not after what they have pulled with ABK. TakeTwo thou knows who fits their business better. GTA always sold best on PS and will continue so. Plus Sony has world class marketing, nobody reaches them. Sony has probably already secured the marketing and console bundle rights. Jez Corden can continue to hang on his illusions lol.

• they're_right_you_know

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I doubt that Microsoft will get the marketing rights. Not after what they have pulled with ABK. TakeTwo thou knows who fits their business better. GTA always sold best on PS and will continue so. Plus Sony has world class marketing, nobody reaches them. Sony has probably already secured the marketing and console bundle rights. Jez Corden can continue to hang on his illusions lol.
They are trying to keep xbox relevant associating it with biggest game. They know what they are doing.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

There's ppl here celebrating that? Honest question not saying they are or aren't, I just haven't read tht tone in the few posts I have seen. Either way I'm neutral on tht subject, it doesn't affect me either way. Overall I don't even care when games go on PC.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
It's good because we won't have to deal with pc cheaters , I'm sure rockstar / take 2 know alot of people download GTA 5 pirated on pc aswell
There probably wouldn't be cross play, gta 5 and red dead dont have any. I played gta 5 mostly on PC and the only good thing about playing it on PC was its easy af to get infinite money. But trying to do heists in a public lobby is impossible, everyone trolls and hacks. The only way to properly do heists is with friends in a private friends only lobby.