Take Two confirms PS5 and Xbox Series as platforms for GTA VI, current gen only!! 🔥(no PC)

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Rockstar Games®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto VI is coming to PlayStation® 5 computer entertainment systems and Xbox Series X|S games and entertainment systems in 2025.

"Grand Theft Auto VI continues our efforts to push the limits of what's possible in highly immersive, story-driven open-world experiences," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We're thrilled to be able to share this new vision with players everywhere."

Grand Theft Auto VI heads to the state of Leonida, home to the neon-soaked streets of Vice City and beyond in the biggest, most immersive evolution of the Grand Theft Auto series yet.

Last edited:

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

lol

thats good news for ps5 pro sales

Reactions: Diah and EDMIX

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Why limit your sales potential??

(Would sell more as a PS exclusive, and even more if you added PC day 1)
U really think this will limit sales potential of the game? This will only increase sales as a lot of ppl will double dip ps5/pc. Doing it this way will actually lead to a significant sales boost. Fomo is strong.

24 Jun 2022
PS5 sales are gonna explore yet again when this game comes out. I'm guessing it's a 1 year wait for PC players, then? Could be longer tho.

T2 not yielding any of that B2P sales revenue to PC pirates (or potential cosmetics & skins MTX revenue to modders making that stuff for free).

Why limit your sales potential??

(Would sell more as a PS exclusive, and even more if you added PC day 1)

You've been misled. PC competes with consoles AND piracy is a big issue on PC. Even the modding scene is something of an issue and can screw over revenue from official cosmetic sales.

The way I look at it, this is a net gain for consoles, especially PS5 (and PS5 Pro if that releases). PC (specifically Steam) is a competing platform for these types of games with the consoles but I think in T2/R*'s case they simply don't want to risk piracy and hacking screwing the game up at launch on PC and the consoles (that stuff can usually get deployed console-side after a little while). They may also be focusing all optimization efforts on the consoles and saving the myriad of PC configurations for afterwards.

EDIT: They said PS5 systems, as in plural...yeah that might just about confirm a PS5 Pro is happening after all.

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Weird and dumb idea. Rockstar has never been a reliable PC dev. Incidentally, it's the reason why a lot of their shit doesnt hold up for remakes and shit. RDR1 is stranded in the past when it could be so much better.

EDMIX

As they fucking should!

Weird and dumb idea. Rockstar has never been a reliable PC dev. Incidentally, it's the reason why a lot of their shit doesnt hold up for remakes and shit. RDR1 is stranded in the past when it could be so much better.

Nahhh

They have been doing this for a long time, I won't doubt them here. They know their business better then any of us. If they don't feel value in having their team work on so many platforms, then I see no reason to have them do that.

Let them focus on 2 platforms like they have been doing, then release on PC after.

Focus on console

Focus on PC.

Everyone wins.