Team Asobi: “We want our games to feel like they’re made in Japan”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

Back then, Team Asobi was around 35 employees, and has since grown to more than 60, and Doucet expects that number to reach around 100 people.

Team Asobi's next project will follow in the footsteps of the games it has done before, but will be a full-blown commercial title, "and our biggest to date," says Doucet.

We have a current production, and that's going fine," he says. "But we want to have another group for R&D, and we want enough in this group to explore as many areas that are interesting. And to potentially start other projects.

"But we're not giving ourselves any limits. If good people want to join Team Asobi, then we will be willing to talk to them. There is always stuff to do. There is always new projects to begin. We are not limited by any money or time. If we could double the studio just like that, we would find work for everybody."

"This perfection of controls really runs through the veins of Japanese game developers. It's been that way forever. There is something unique about moving a character in a Japanese game. The feeling that you have, the pleasure that you take... I look at developers like Platinum Games, when you play Bayonetta, that movement is perfected. They're second-to-none on that perfectionism. That's the local culture."

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Finally some love for Japan!
Maybe they remake/reboot one of their legacy IPs?
I bet it's either a colorful Platformer or charmant JRPG. Looking forward for further informations in the future!

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No he is not half asian. He just lives in Japan for his job lol.

"remember" done changed the dudes whole nationality just to push a narrative 😂😂😂😂🤦

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Anyeone else (please for the love of god) noticed that astro playroom vibrates? like the whole screen shakes 1 pixel back and forth?!
Can someone launch it and get close to the tv... and report back to me. I am NOT CRAZYDSJKAHDJAS

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
Anyeone else (please for the love of god) noticed that astro playroom vibrates? like the whole screen shakes 1 pixel back and forth?!
Can someone launch it and get close to the tv... and report back to me. I am NOT CRAZYDSJKAHDJAS
That’s probably just your OLED avoiding burn in. They do that sometimes.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
That’s probably just your OLED avoiding burn in. They do that sometimes.
It's not. Just fucking check it!
Oled burn in avoidance is moving screen every few minutes... not constant jitter.
And it's only astrobot.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
"remember" done changed the dudes whole nationality just to push a narrative 😂😂😂😂🤦

I saw someone online saying he was French on his fathers side, and his mother was asian. I’m ok with being wrong. Don’t really see what narrative that would be pushing.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I saw someone online saying he was French on his fathers side, and his mother was asian. I’m ok with being wrong. Don’t really see what narrative that would be pushing.
It's all good bro, the narrative part was me pulling your leg about the team being all "Asian". Just messing around with you 😂

• haha
Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
A man of culture
bd235c84724d5eb04b5cfe39028e936c.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.