Tencent is looking to buy Ubisoft

Game Freak

Banned
3 Oct 2024
I hope that Tencent will buy Ubisoft and the rest of the game industry because I want games to be primarily made for PC and not for consoles (Xbox and PlayStation). Tencent is the world's largest video game vendor for a reason.

• haha
  • Cerny
Reactions: Zzero and arvfab

Game Freak

Banned
3 Oct 2024
All the gaming giants are buying publishers except for Sony lmao. Soon all the gaming publisher will horde ip & studio talent for there own platform exclusive like Apple, Mata, Netflix, Tencent, MS, Saudis etc

In the mean time Sony/PS is releasing remaster & remakes that will perform poor & review mediocre due to PC/Steam players telling Sony/PS to fuck off.

Sony should’ve acquired Square Enix back in 2020 when MS acquired Zenimax & Capcom when MS acquired ABK it’s clear the consolidation won’t stop as everyone secures there future as they horde ip.

Square Enix
Capcom
Kadokawa

Hoyoverse/Withurin Wave/Arkangels (any Korean/Japanese/Chinese mobile developer to make open world anime gacha games)

Arc system work
Level 5

The studio behind Metal Slug Tactics/TMNT shredders. Or even buying Tom Clancy of Ubisoft & getting the studio behind Rainbow 6 Siege, Wildlands/Breakpoint & the division to make military shooters ie use talent & revive SOCOM & inject Tom Clancy characters to make 1 ultimate military shooter
Sony should mostly buy mobile game developers, because by investing in mobile gaming they can earn more than from PC+ PlayStation combined.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Tencent will soon have enough sudios to have an own console. Would be funny if they enter the space and make everything they own exclusive to their console.
Back in the day like 2012 they had a patent for a console like device. With consoles/hardware evolving more mobile focus it would make sense for Tencent to make a handheld console given there located in China they could have Riot new games exclusive to the console like devices given how Riot/Tencent only publish riot games on there own storefront, I could see the vision. Tencent already have massive games such as Supercell like Clash of Clan, Brawl Stars, Hay Day & Clash Royal having a console & being able to play Riot & Supercell game day 1 on a console like handheld would be massive & I would buy one (not to mention the other games/studios they own that they could make exclusive)

Reactions: arvfab

zapmaxvevo

2 Oct 2024
Sony should mostly buy developers for mobile gaming, because by investing in mobile gaming they can earn more than from PC+ PlayStation combined.
why? recently mobile gaming had a decrease on revenue. They should try and buy smaller companies so no regulators comes at hand or license old ip and sell them like first party exclusive to ps like nintendo does

Game Freak

Banned
3 Oct 2024
why? recently mobile gaming had a decrease on revenue. They should try and buy smaller companies so no regulators comes at hand or license old ip and sell them like first party exclusive to ps like nintendo does
Microsoft bought Activison Blizzard primarily because of King because King makes a lot of money from its mobile games, eg Candy Crush. Sony should also buy some excellent mobile game developer who makes a lot of money with its games.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Ask gamers who don't come to message boards how much they care about games getting ported years later... they don't.
Yes they do. All their games sell less than the one before and that's why. Millions of people are online saying they stopped buying PlayStation because of them. The damage is done.

it's very convenient for you to leave off Helldivers.
Because I know you will add Helldivers to obfuscate how everything is selling terribly. Until Dawn will sell like Concord. GOWR and HFW sold like crap. The small revenue they made, they lost with their GAAS mess anyway.

Game Freak

Banned
3 Oct 2024
Tencent will soon have enough sudios to have an own console. Would be funny if they enter the space and make everything they own exclusive to their console.
If Tencent makes a console then Sony and Microsoft will be in big trouble if Tencent owns the rest of the gaming industry

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
All the gaming giants are buying publishers except for Sony lmao. Soon all the gaming publisher will horde ip & studio talent for there own platform exclusive like Apple, Mata, Netflix, Tencent, MS, Saudis etc

In the mean time Sony/PS is releasing remaster & remakes that will perform poor & review mediocre due to PC/Steam players telling Sony/PS to fuck off.

Sony largely can't afford publishers.

Remasters and remakes are cash positive as are PC ports.

Sony should’ve acquired Square Enix back in 2020 when MS acquired Zenimax & Capcom when MS acquired ABK it’s clear the consolidation won’t stop as everyone secures there future as they horde ip.

Square Enix's stock has collapsed since 2021, losing nearly half its value.

Difficult to get a good estimate for Capcom since the yen has collapsed in the last few years, but their stock price isn't greatly different today than it was then, but buying Capcom would have cost anywhere in the realm of 15 billion dollars with premium.

Square Enix
Capcom
Kadokawa

I think Sony should buy Kadokawa, but Capcom and Square Enix probably aren't worth it.

Hoyoverse/Withurin Wave/Arkangels (any Korean/Japanese/Chinese mobile developer to make open world anime gacha games)

I feel like you just say things without thinking of feasibility. Mihoyo is worth over 20 billion dollars...

Arc system work
Level 5

The studio behind Metal Slug Tactics/TMNT shredders. Or even buying Tom Clancy of Ubisoft & getting the studio behind Rainbow 6 Siege, Wildlands/Breakpoint & the division to make military shooters ie use talent & revive SOCOM & inject Tom Clancy characters to make 1 ultimate military shooter

I've suggested they should buy Level 5. Not sure Arc system works is even a small needle mover.

The people most principally responsible for R6S are gone due to an harassment scandal.

Why buy Tom Clancy and revive SOCOM at the same time? That doesn't track. It's one or the other. And there is no guarantee of duplicating the success of R6S at this point.

• brain
Reactions: Ezekiel

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Sony should mostly buy mobile game developers, because by investing in mobile gaming they can earn more than from PC+ PlayStation combined.
Agree, but Sony should be locking down Capcom & Square Enix those are 2 iconic Japanese publisher that are prime targets for MS, Tencent, NetEase, Saudis (Saudis bought shares in Capcom & with Saudis acquiring SNK it’s clear the Saudis want that legacy console/arcade publisher like Capcom that developed fighting games for esports & other notable games)

Sony focus on acquisitions should be Capcom/Square Enix then mobile. In a smaller degree but still important other publisher that would bolster PS production such as Kadokawa in the manga/anime front seeing how anime is booming + you get Fromsoft & Spike Chunsoft & smaller studios such as Level 5, Arc System Work & Leikir studio (developed Metal Slug tactics & TMNT shredders revenge, amazing indie studio)

Aswell as looking at gaining ip like Tom Clancy, WB/DC & other notable ips that could bolster both Sony & PS division in media & gaming not paramount (god that acquisition would’ve been a bigger disaster then Bungie)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Game Freak

Banned
3 Oct 2024

Difficult to get a good estimate for Capcom since the yen has collapsed in the last few years, but their stock price isn't greatly different today than it was then, but buying Capcom would have cost anywhere in the realm of 15 billion dollars with premium.

I think Sony should buy Kadokawa, but Capcom and Square Enix probably aren't worth it.

I feel like you just say things without thinking of feasibility. Mihoyo is worth over 20 billion dollars...

I've suggested they should buy Level 5. Not sure Arc system works is even a small needle mover.

The people most principally responsible for R6S are gone due to an harassment scandal.

Why buy Tom Clancy and revive SOCOM at the same time? That doesn't track. It's one or the other. And there is no guarantee of duplicating the success of R6S at this point.
Saudi Arabia has invested a lot in Japanese gaming publishers, eg Nintendo, Capcom

PIF owns 8% of Nintendo and 6% of Capcom, according to March 2023 financial reports from the two Japanese companies.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Microsoft bought Activison Blizzard primarily because of King because King makes a lot of money from its mobile games, eg Candy Crush. Sony should also buy some excellent mobile game developer who makes a lot of money with its games.

King was established.

Mobile gaming is boom and bust. It's inherently extremely risky business.

Sony's top target should be T2, but they can't afford them right now at least not in a cash deal. T2 gives you Zynga as well.

I think Sony should do whatever it can to put themselves in a position to buy T2 within the next 5 years and I think to do that they should buy FromSoftware/Kadokawa and CDPR and make games like Elden Ring 2 and Cyberpunk/Witcher exclusive to their own PC launcher. As well as pushing for GaaS expansions of Cyberpunk and maybe The Witcher.

In addition to selling off their financial wing, this might be doable with the inclusion of a stock swap.

Game Freak

Banned
3 Oct 2024
A

Agree, but Sony should be locking down Capcom & Square Enix those are 2 iconic Japanese publisher that are prime targets for MS, Tencent, NetEase, Saudis (Saudis bought shares in Capcom & with Saudis acquiring SNK it’s clear the Saudis want that legacy console/arcade publisher like Capcom that developed fighting games for esports & other notable games)

Sony focus on acquisitions should be Capcom/Square Enix then mobile. In a smaller degree but still important other publisher that would bolster PS production such as Kadokawa in the manga/anime front seeing how anime is booming + you get Fromsoft & Spike Chunsoft & smaller studios such as Level 5, Arc System Work & Leikir studio (developed Metal Slug tactics & TMNT shredders revenge, amazing indie studio)

Aswell as looking at gaining ip like Tom Clancy, WB/DC & other notable ips that could bolster both Sony & PS division in media & gaming not paramount (god that acquisition would’ve been a bigger disaster then Bungie)
Sony is unlikely to buy Capcom as long as Saudi Arabia invests heavily in Capcom. I would rather Capcom remain independent than be part of SIE.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
A

You're entirely focused on nostalgia.

Square Enix is in the dumps and Capcom's revenue is going to dry out post RE4 Remake. They'll still have Monster Hunter as a franchise, but RE is going to slow down again.

You bring up TMNT like it sold well big numbers... you clearly think Sony should buy companies that make games that you like but are awful business investments.

The tom clancy tv/movie rights are owned by Amazon not Ubisoft.

• brain
Reactions: Ezekiel

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

Bruh just be spewing bs 💀 ain’t nobody reading that

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Sony is unlikely to buy Capcom as long as Saudi Arabia invests heavily in Capcom.

I never said they would buy them, but Saudi Arabia's heavy investment isn't the reason why. Minority investors can easily be pushed out if your goal is to buy the whole company.

Game Freak

Banned
3 Oct 2024
I never said they would buy them, but Saudi Arabia's heavy investment isn't the reason why. Minority investors can easily be pushed out if your goal is to buy the whole company.
Capcom and other major Japanese publishers should remain independent rather than being part of SIE. Sony is known for promoting woke games, and I don't want that in Japanese games.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Capcom and other major Japanese publishers should remain independent rather than being part of SIE. Sony is known for promoting woke games, and I don't want that in Japanese games.

You're a low quality poster who just earned himself an ignore. Thanks