Tencent is looking to buy Ubisoft

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Tencent owns Riot, Funcom, Digital Extremes, Splash Damage, Sumo Digital, Turtle Rock, Techland, Tequila Works, Klei, Yager, Fatshark, Miniclip, Supercell. Plus has minority stakes on Don't Nod, Epic, Bloober Team, Marvelous, Shift Up, FromSoft, Remedy, Krafton, Ubisoft, Kadokawa, Paradox, Roblox, Platinum Games or Bohemia Interactive. Netease owns Quantic Dream.

Do you see anything wrong in the content of the games of these companies? Do they have anything censored?

There are Chinese PC/Android consoles like Aya Neo or Ambernic, do you see anything wrong in them?

Not so much in games, but I mean censorship of Tibet subject is a start. Dont mention Covid is another. Im sure there is more and will be more in the future.

Tencent doesnt outright own Kadokawa or Ubisoft either, they own like 10% of Ubisoft.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Not so much in games, but I mean censorship of Tibet subject is a start. Dont mention Covid is another. Im sure there is more and will be more in the future.
I don't remember to read anything about Tibet censorship, sounds like another propaganda lie. Regarding covid, I only remember the supposed Shift Up (private company, so nothing to do with the government) message.

But yes, exactly like in the west there's censorship in places like social media. As an example there's covid related topics censored in the western social media too.

In any case, this has nothing to do with games or investments/acquisitions of gaming companies.

Tencent doesnt outright own Kadokawa or Ubisoft either, they own like 10% of Ubisoft.
Read it better, I didn't say they own them.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't remember to read anything about Tibet censorship, sounds like another propaganda lie. Regarding covid, I only remember the supposed Shift Up (private company, so nothing to do with the government) message.

But yes, exactly like in the west there's censorship in places like social media. As an example there's covid related topics censored in the western social media too.

In any case, this has nothing to do with games or investments/acquisitions of gaming companies.

Read it better, I didn't say they own them.

Chinese censorship and the issues over Tibet arent just propaganda lol. Its a real thing.

And shift up,
“Game Science, the developer behind "Black Myth: Wukong," was founded in 2014 by former Tencent employee Feng Ji. The company has secured backing from several investors, including Chinese tech giant Tencent and mobile game publisher Hero Entertainment”
So definitely connected to Tencent

Yes western propaganda and media, but you wont hear game developers censoring topics based on what the there told to do, well not on the surface anyway.

Yeah I didnt read it wrong, I didnt see the partial ownership

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I can’t be a blind china hater any more “cuz CCP” while being gaslit daily and living in a country that steals your money to fund endless and ever expanding proxy wars while the city you love quickly turns to shit .

I also don’t see why anything of the sort should bar a purchase from happening.

Microsoft is the most vile piece of shit company on the planet. Anything that isn’t that would be great.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I can’t be a blind china hater any more “cuz CCP” while being gaslit daily and living in a country that steals your money to fund endless and ever expanding proxy wars while the city you love quickly turns to shit .

I also don’t see why anything of the sort should bar a purchase from happening.

Microsoft is the most vile piece of shit company on the planet. Anything that isn’t that would be great.

And what about people who arent gaslit by their living country, they cant criticise obvious bs from another country?