The Astrobot port begging has already begun

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Pc gamer would require Dualsense controller, not sure how this is expected to be Ported

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
No. Console first party exclusives moving to PC are a direct consequence of Microsoft influence on the gaming industry, among other things.

First, it's amazing how the third place company has so much influence that dictates how other companies, in this case, Sony, a Japanese company operates. Did you ever stop to think that Sony is porting their games elsewhere because they simply want to?

Second, my reply was in regards to that image of someone saying Astro Bot is 6 hours long which would exist regardless of if Microsoft exists or not.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
First, it's amazing how the third place company has so much influence that dictates how other companies, in this case, Sony, a Japanese company operates. Did you ever stop to think that Sony is porting their games elsewhere because they simply want to?
It's not amazing at all how the so-called "third place company" happens to be a multi-trillion dollar monopoly with enough political sway to bend governments to their will. They can put pressure in many ways. Especially through propaganda.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs
OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
My biggest fear is guy like him gained position of power/ become mod and turn this place into another resetera surely you can understand our concern
can i interest you in a big earnings opportunity in aluminum foil futures trading?

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
This only happens with PlayStation games. Nobody ask for Nintendo and definitely not Xbox games.
Yeah for a good reason. No one cares about Xbox games and Nintendo is the only company left with some common sense. So go ahead and portbeg as much as you want because Sony is stupid and they will listen.

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Half Life Alyx?
Valve could port the old live service games to PS such as Left 4 dead, CSGO, TF2, DOTA or the new Deadlock but gabe won’t do that he knows if he continues to bolster his storefront w exclusive while also further becoming the defacto gaming platform the likes of PS & the PS platform/storefront doesn’t have a chance in competing. Ultimately gamers goes where they can get the most games & rn Steam is the best storefront w PC games, Xbox games, PS games, default PC exclusive & Valve first party games + Valve ties to PC & it’s now hardware console Steamdeck makes the Steam ecosystem that much better then Xbox or PS. Steam is the ultimate gaming storefront.

In the other hand PS storefront has PS first party (which are now time exclusive & sometimes release day n date on direct competitors platform), some PC games but misses out on a ton, misses Xbox games (thoe this might change) & 3rd party (which 3rd party are leaning & putting more games on PC & Nintendo or a focus on PC & Nintendo then PS)

The only one diminishing its platform, storefront & ecosystem are Xbox (completely) & PS (50/50). Nintendo will be safe as long as they don’t change there strategy like Valve/Steam hell maybe in the future PS games goes day n date on Nintendo so Valve & Nintendo ultimately wins the platform/storefront wars

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Outside of playing an hour if that of the original Space Marine game on Steam, I have never played any game on PC because im not into PC gaming. Will always prefer consoles.
PC gaming is becoming more like console gaming just look at Steamdeck.

You will prefer console gaming till console platform holders like PS & Xbox games are completely day n date on Steam & Valve makes its Steamdeck console as easy & pick up & play as traditional consoles which will happen in time. Valve made a console back in the day turning PC gaming as close to console & there doing it again slowly w Steamdeck

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
can i interest you in a big earnings opportunity in aluminum foil futures trading?
Why u turned against me now ? This is getting silly were both ps guys. Look at that trishacat post history and youl understand

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The usual suspects are already looking for angles of attack

this is why i fucking hate microsoft's involvement in gaming
View attachment 5528

This guys still posts pure bs? Needs to be outded.

And Its not longer Xbox. The losers migrated to another platform last gen…

Tbh Concord got shit like that in the last 3 weeks saying there is no match making, there being bots in the game ( source, oh yeah some guy on reddit) and the game cost costing 250million and being developed for 8 years with a big tea,. Only few of us calling out the bs

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Pc gamer would require Dualsense controller, not sure how this is expected to be Ported
031urHV.jpeg

Dualsense works out of the box on PC
Behold, I am playing a native PC port of an originally Nintendo DS exclusive with a Dualsense controller

Reactions: Dr. E99

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
031urHV.jpeg

Behold, I am playing an originally Nintendo DS exclusive with a Dualsense controller

Yea, it's not the dark ages anymore. Pretty much anything and everything is compatible with PC. Part of the reason why I love the platform....I can use multiple different accessories and play pretty much all the big console games from both PlayStation and Xbox (and Nintendo ROMS 🤫) and play them for years...long after console players consoles have become obsoleted. It's the ultimate gaming experience.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
031urHV.jpeg

Behold, I am playing a native PC port of an originally Nintendo DS exclusive with a Dualsense controller
You’re missing the point, the game requires a Dualsense controller. You need to buy the controller or already have one. It’s not just a software commitment, the logistics of selling the game to pc are not trivial.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
My biggest fear is guy like him gained position of power/ become mod and turn this place into another resetera surely you can understand our concern
If it helps calm your worries, in the extremely unlikely event of being offered a mod position I will politely decline. That's a promise. Hold me to it.
Moderating is a pain, it's impossible to make everyone happy. Plus I've got a job and wife to take care of.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
You’re missing the point, the game requires a Dualsense controller. You need to buy the controller or already have one. It’s not just a software commitment, the logistics of selling the game to pc are not trivial.

These are the same people who complained about making a PSN account mandatory.

Yet reckon a mandatory Dualsense requirement will be fine.

Go figure.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
These are the same people who complained about making a PSN account mandatory.

Yet reckon a mandatory Dualsense requirement will be fine.

Go figure.
One can be used offline indefinitely, the other requires connecting to the internet
What Dualsense specific feature does the game need to function? Is it the touchpad?