The best thing that could happen in the industry is Call of Duty losing mindshare

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Not just Call of Duty but GTA, Minecraft, FIFA, Pokemon etc

Theres simply no competition for these games and you see the results.

GTA5 has been here since the PS3/X360 days yet people continue buy it.

Pokemon is average at best yet the sheep still buy it.

EA may have lost the FIFA license but they continue to regurgitate the same game again and again. Nothing a simple update couldn’t do.

These franchises need competition.

GTA 5 is QUALITY through and through no matter how you feel about the game.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
GTA 5 is QUALITY through and through no matter how you feel about the game.

I agree though not my type of game.

Just find it ridiculous it is on 3 generation of consoles.

It is milking a franchise in another way.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'd like more openness in my open world games if possible. Its long overdue for R* to innovate in that regard if they are the best in class. I'll tell you how 90% of GTAVI mission design is going to be unless they try and be creative this time around.

1 - Get call from your phone (Which R* will name in a """"fun"""" way because they are so smart, much satire, we hate capitalism so much)
2 - Drive :listen to radio stations (you'll have a classic rock one, a latin one, a talk show one, you know the drill. Commercials will talk about how much America sucks, thanks for R* infinite wisdom for noticing that, such finesse)
3 - Meet fellow thug.
4 - Talk and Drive (such exposition, moment to moment gameplay) thug will tell you to go in the right direction or else mission will fail.
5a) Tailing mission
5b) Kill enemy thug mission.
6) Run away from police
7) Get fellow thug to hideout.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Summer Nightmares

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'd like more openness in my open world games if possible. Its long overdue for R* to innovate in that regard if they are the best in class. I'll tell you how 90% of GTAVI mission design is going to be unless they try and be creative this time around.

1 - Get call from your phone (Which R* will name in a """"fun"""" way because they are so smart, much satire, we hate capitalism so much)
2 - Drive :listen to radio stations (you'll have a classic rock one, a latin one, a talk show one, you know the drill. Commercials will talk about how much America sucks, thanks for R* infinite wisdom for noticing that, such finesse)
3 - Meet fellow thug.
4 - Talk and Drive (such exposition, moment to moment gameplay) thug will tell you to go in the right direction or else mission will fail.
5a) Tailing mission
6) Run away from police
Why should they when you can have far worst quest in a game like ToTK and it gets a pass. At least R* puts some effort in the dialog and story.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

Nothing ridiculous at all. It came out at the very end of the PS3/ 360 cycle, literally 2 months before the new systems were out. It got a remaster a year later and the rest is history.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

3 - Meet fellow thug.
5a) Tailing mission
6) Run away from police
Openness how???

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

At least they didn't remake it like ND did with TLoU Part I that came out in the same years as GTAV and already had a remaster.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
You’re right but the vast majority of people engaging with this hobby could house a military base in their sunken in heads. They want to be jerked around by the same franchise every year.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Why should they when you can have far worst quest in a game like ToTK and it gets a pass. At least R* puts some effort in the dialog and story.

Because standards should be raised, not lowered. Specially when you spent the GDP of a small country and the better part of a decade developing your game.
Openness how???

If I move 2 inches from the path the game wants me to take, I don't want my mission to fail in an open world game.

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Rockstar OW games stopped being innovative after GTA III. Big studios can’t into innovation, too risky, too little incentive. Nintendo is probably the only exception because innovation is their main driver of relevancy and success.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Rockstar OW games stopped being innovative after GTA III. Big studios can’t into innovation, too risky, too little incentive. Nintendo is probably the only exception because innovation is their main driver of relevancy and success.
So much innovation from Nintendo just looks at Pokemon, the countless Mario/Zelda/Fire Emblem games, Smash every gen, Mario Kart every gen, three Splatoon games already, remakes, iterative sequels, etc.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
So much innovation from Nintendo just looks at Pokemon, the countless Mario/Zelda/Fire Emblem games, Smash every gen, Mario Kart every gen, three Splatoon games already, remakes, iterative sequels, etc.
Well mainline Zelda and Super Mario is definitely innovative. About the rest...

They have sold Mario Kart 8 for almost 10 years now, and holy hell they just increased price last year as well.

Splatoon 3 are basically same copy of Splatoon 2.

I don't play other games so Idk.

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Not every Nintendo Game is innovative, but their flagships tend to be. What’s wrong with countless Mario and Zelda games if each new entry experiments new ideas and concepts? Pokemon is made by Gamefreak, not Nintendo. Splatoon 1 was creative. Nintendo does not need to create a new IP every few year to be considered innovative.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Well mainline Zelda and Super Mario is definitely innovative. About the rest...

They have sold Mario Kart 8 for almost 10 years now, and holy hell they just increased price last year as well.
I respect Nintendo craft and hustle but no other publisher or dev is in their position. R* is still investing like no other devs in developing these games.

Nintendo IP strength are on a league of their own. Sony develops Astro's Playroom to showcase the dual sense innovations, gives it away for free with every PS5 and it gets worse reviews than Luigi's Mansion 3. Not to mention that if an exact game like Astro Bot Rescue Mission was made featuring Mario we would never stop hearing about it.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Not every Nintendo Game is innovative, but their flagships tend to be
Depend what flagships you are talking about. Pokemon... Animal Crossing on Switch has less features than 3DS. I don't know how can they achieve that.

Mario and Pokemon, and now Zelda are carrying Nintendo hard.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Depend what flagships you are talking about. Pokemon... Animal Crossing on Switch has less features than 3DS. I don't know how can they achieve that.

Mario and Pokemon, and now Zelda are carrying Nintendo hard.
Well I included “tend” in my sentence so no contradiction here.