The Big Console War Thread [OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
it's just his strange way of trying to one-up man-ship people, same old story on gaf.
Ken Jeong Masks GIF by The Masked Singer

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I really don't care about Xbox and PC. I don't care about their exclusives, they don't entice me.
I actually hate how Xbox marketing is focused on "bros". Xbox exhales that straight male american energy and that's what xbox always been about for me. And to this day, they can't let go of this.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I really don't care about Xbox and PC. I don't care about their exclusives, they don't entice me.
I actually hate how Xbox marketing is focused on "bros". Xbox exhales that straight male american energy and that's what xbox always been about for me. And to this day, they can't let go of this.
neither Xbox nor PC have any exclusives so why would you?

As for Xbox's image, it's shed the dudebro image entirely in my mind. It isn't the home of COD, and the shooters in general have moved over to playstation as halo and gears have fallen off the map. Xbox is more of a woke, far-left platform nowadays. They've systematically replaced most of their traditional male characters and franchises, pioneered censoring 'toxic' online interactions on Xbox Live, and have been at the forefront of accessibility, free games for everyone, and 'when we all play we all win'... 'positivity'.

Xbox_Pride-2022_Avatar-Promo-Wire-733abdca2d5d5186b033.jpg

a3qmuo4ccvbjsufo_1592217386.jpeg

bleeding_edge_buttercup.jpg

I really don't mean this post to be insulting, but this is Xbox's image in 2022 IMO. Like it or not, this is what represents the brand today.

If you like this, more power to you.

I'll be going elsewhere, though.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

As for Xbox's image, it's shed the dudebro image entirely in my mind. It isn't the home of COD, and the shooters in general have moved over to playstation as halo and gears have fallen off the map. Xbox is more of a woke, far-left platform nowadays. They've systematically replaced most of their traditional male characters and franchises, pioneered censoring 'toxic' online interactions on Xbox Live, and have been at the forefront of accessibility, free games for everyone, and 'when we all play we all win'... 'positivity'.

I really don't mean this post to be insulting, but this is Xbox's image in 2022 IMO. Like it or not, this is what represents the brand today.

I’m gay, dude, get over it and having diverse characters is not bad. This is getting annoying.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Where are those characters from though, are they fortnight characters or the sims.

The fat chick at the bottom, was from that hell-blade game if i recall correctly, but the others are those even real.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
I have far more hours played on PC than any platform, PC players that buy into the master race meme are by far the worse people to be around and also the most misguided people, they really don't get what PC gaming is about.

Last edited:

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Where are those characters from though, are they fortnight characters or the sims.

The fat chick at the bottom, was from that hell-blade game if i recall correctly, but the others are those even real.

Those are just Xbox avatars you can create

• brain
Reactions: Sircaw

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I’m gay, dude, get over it and having diverse characters is not bad. This is getting annoying.
If that is truly the case then take a second look at xbox, they're definitely the most gay-friendly of the bunch or atleast seem to deeply care about the cause. Well maybe don't rush out now (The whole no games 2022 thing) but soon maybe.

but yeah, I don't see Xbox as dudebro anymore, that's unfair. They're far from that image now.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Last edited:

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

Those are the redesigned Xbox avatars, the last one is bleeding edge.

but yeah,

be6efaef9381cf5ebe8c4508da52330b975da512r1-610-573v2_00.jpg

nHnkDiFAeWqwPQi4Lp4g9j.jpg

c10e4d29-86b7-4510-bc1e-09f131dcc28b.jpg

I mean they seem to be deliberately taking their first party in this direction.

that is, female protagonists who look like they'd be holding a placard at a pro-abortion rally.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Those are the redesigned Xbox avatars, the last one is bleeding edge.

but yeah,

be6efaef9381cf5ebe8c4508da52330b975da512r1-610-573v2_00.jpg

nHnkDiFAeWqwPQi4Lp4g9j.jpg

c10e4d29-86b7-4510-bc1e-09f131dcc28b.jpg

I mean they seem to be deliberately taking their first party in this direction.

that is, female protagonists who look like they'd be holding a placard at a pro-abortion rally.
Still an improvement over whatever it was that Xbox had before.

It's 2022, who gives a shit anymore? I don't care if a game is woke as long as it's good, I'm not that sensible.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Still an improvement over whatever it was that Xbox had before.

It's 2022, who gives a shit anymore? I don't care if a game is woke as long as it's good, I'm not that sensible.
I personally don't care because I don't play western games so its a moot point for me. Just saying its unfair to call Xbox the dudebro platform when they've done tons of work to distance themselves from that image, and create the new one you see before you.

So if you like this style of game, xbox is completely for you.

i'm just giving credit where its due.

Status
Not open for further replies.