The Big Console War Thread [OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Incorrect,

Your own words:
Cost is irrelevant to hardware superiority, this isn't even a question. I don't know how you're not comprehending this.

My PC is superior to any console regardless of cost, cost is completely irrelevant to the fact that my hardware is better.

It doesn't matter if it's $500 more or $1,000 more, better is better.

I'm speaking of PC in terms of raw capability. Consoles are at a certain threshold and PC potential goes extremely far beyond that
If you have a PC that performs worst that a console.....then which one is superior?

Again, you are choosing to ignore the price point and market (this is why you cannot compare PC vs Consoles). And again...if you wanna play that game then you NEED to take into account the price point and market

Because in terms of 'PC potential' you are just going beyond of the videogame medium/market.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Then what you need is a smaller TV so you can move on from the whole complaining about games not being 4K on consoles thing. 🧠
slomo flamethrower GIF

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Your own words:

If you have a PC that performs worst that a console.....then which one is superior?

Again, you are choosing to ignore the price point and market (this is why you cannot compare PC vs Consoles). And again...if you wanna play that game then you NEED to take into account the price point and market

Because in terms of 'PC potential' you are just going beyond of the videogame medium/market.
I brought my PC into the equation because no matter what I said your brain could not process the words being delivered to it. With that being said I provided an actual example with hardware that I personally own so it's tangible for you to grasp the point.

The fact that you still can't understand anything that's been said and are still bringing price into the discussion means YOU aren't grasping this even though it's been explained to a disgustingly detailed level.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Wow, PC gamers have even managed to derail and ruin the console war thread with specs-talk and PC port begging.

this is getting ridiculous. Mods, clean this up, please.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I brought my PC into the equation because no matter what I said your brain could not process the words being delivered to it. With that being said I provided an actual example with hardware that I personally own so it's tangible for you to grasp the point.

The fact that you still can't understand anything that's been said and are still bringing price into the discussion means you don't understand what's being said, even though it's been explained to disgustingly detailed level.
You are living on your own fantasy. I wouldn't be surprised if you are a flat-earther.

You cannot ignore Price Points/market as simple as that.

The implication of better performance goes beyond cost, things like power consumption and heat. Are major factors as well.

And then you keep ignoring my question that I have made several times:

If you have a PC that performs worse than a console.

which one is superior?
The console isn't.

Using the word 'PC Potential' as a blank state is like using the 'Power of the Cloud'. Is meaningless.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
You are living on your own fantasy. I wouldn't be surprised if you are a flat-earther.

You cannot ignore Price Points/market as simple as that.

The implication of better performance goes beyond cost, things like power consumption and heat. Are major factors as well.

And then you keep ignoring my question that I have made several times:

If you have a PC that performs worse than a console.

which one is superior?
The console isn't.

Using the word 'PC Potential' as a blank state is like using the 'Power of the Cloud'. Is meaningless.
Since you're not able to keep up with even the most basic of concepts let me make it even more rudimentary...

24 Teraflops > 10 Teraflops
4.8Ghz Zen 3 > 3.5Ghz Zen2 tablet CPU
80GB of RAM > 16GB of RAM

Are you following now? One of these is objectively superior to the other, price does not need to enter this equation at any point in time whatsoever for any reason whatsoever.

No one is talking about price except for you because this is not a discussion about value proposition or cost. This is about hardware superiority, do you understand now or would you like my 8-year-old nephew to explain it to you?

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Since you're not able to keep up with even the most basic of concepts let me make it even more rudimentary...

Are you following now? One of these is objectively superior to the other, price does not need to enter this equation at any point in time whatsoever for any reason whatsoever.

No one is talking about price except for you because this is not a discussion about value proposition or cost. This is about hardware superiority, do you understand now or would you like my 8-year-old nephew to explain it to you?

So much power. So much superiority.

.... but still no Ragnarok this November 😔

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PropellerEar

Themaskedcrag

Cunning Linguist
13 Jul 2022

material girl 80s GIF

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 51

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

Still ignoring my question. How convenient I see.

You say:
24 TF > 10 TF.

I say:
1200 USD > 300 USD.

Right?

Your own words:

"price is irrelevant to specification superiority"

"cost is irrelevant to hardware superiority."

Let get this straight.

You pay more, you get more

This is literally opposite to the:

"Price is irrelavte to specification superiority"

And

"Cost is irrelevant to hardware superiority '

Capisce? Can you see how faulty your logic is?

No matter how much you try to spinning it. You can not take the price point out of the equation. Is just dumb, misinformed and straight out ignorant to do so.

Reactions: Savant

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Why do I need to play it this November? I'll play it when it comes out on PC, I'm not sitting here anxiously awaiting it LOL
Why do I need to spend thousands of dollars to play it later, when I can play it this November on my 500€ console? I'm sitting here anxiously awaiting it LOL

• fire
Reactions: Cragarmi and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Still ignoring my question. How convenient I see.

You say:
24 TF > 10 TF.

I say:
1200 USD > 300 USD.

Right?

Your own words:

"price is irrelevant to specification superiority"

"cost is irrelevant to hardware superiority."

Let get this straight.

You pay more, you get more

This is literally opposite to the:

"Price is irrelavte to specification superiority"

And

"Cost is irrelevant to hardware superiority '

Capisce? Can you see how faulty your logic is?

No matter how much you try to spinning it. You can not take the price point out of the equation. Is just dumb, misinformed and straight out ignorant to do so.
it's just his strange way of trying to one-up man-ship people, same old story on gaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.