The Big Console War Thread [OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It's more about having fun... it's not meant to be taken seriously.

More about sharing memes and having a friendly back and forth.

If anyone goes too wild, let me know. <3
Supermarket Sweep GIF by ABC Network

Wild in the aisles!

• haha
  • party
Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Why is superiority so important for you?
Is it your need to over compensate for something?
Have you developed a proxy superiority complex for your PC?
It's not that at all, it's the fact that insecurity is so prevalent in the console user base that it takes seven pages and people still can't answer a simple question. I do this because it's fun, they won't answer the question because they're insecure.

Reactions: Deleted member 51

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It's not that at all, it's the fact that insecurity is so prevalent in the console user base that it takes seven pages and people still can't answer a simple question. I do this because it's fun, they won't answer the question because they're insecure.
Maybe your question is not relevant.
Get over the complex.

D

Deleted member 13

No. The Steam Deck is just a PC and even if it's good for a first attempt it needs a lot of refinement to even enter the conversation.

The Steam Deck is far superior to a Series console, I'll give it that.
I'm going to include it anyway. Now refute my claim. :unsure:

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
I'm going to include it anyway. Now refute my claim. :unsure:
The Steam Deck is like a portable Series S, disgusting.

Btw, how is that you, the native 4K guy, likes the Steam Deck? Makes no sense.

How to Trigger an Xbot with ease

Sony should buy Hello Games and sue them. :coffee:

Sean Murray did this with an indie team, what is Todd Howard's excuse?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13

To the people that buy the products it is, you have cornered yourself into some strange weird pseudo explanation to try and justify your point.

Cost is the de-facto reasoning for purchasing an item, unless your have more money than sense.

Are you going to buy a new gfx card that costs 2000 more dollars for 1 more fps, no you are not, stop being silly.
I think what @DynamiteCop is saying is that there exists the most powerful hardware that can run a game (whether any of us can purchase it or not), the fastest and have the best fidelity.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
No your PC is not more powerful than PS5 or series X, and both are outperforming PC routinely. And yes you overpaid on an inferior machine meant to be office equipment, and not a serious games platform.

Take Stray for example. Better on PS4. FOUR.

PC tech isn't there yet unfortunately. Come back in 3-5 years.

I also want a list of 5 AAA Single player, non-RTS games only on PC.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I think what @DynamiteCop is saying is that there exists the most powerful hardware that can run a game (whether any of us can purchase it or not), the fastest and have the best fidelity.
He is no saying that.

He is saying that HIS PC is.

Philosophically speaking the most powerful hardware is always being designed and researched.

D

Deleted member 13

The Steam Deck is like a portable Series S, disgusting.
Don't care too much about power if I can configure my graphics settings like I want for any game. I have the same graphics settings options as the PC so I can go higher than a console in areas I'm interested in and lower in areas I don't care about.

Btw, how is that you, the native 4K guy, likes the Steam Deck? Makes no sense.
Because I don't need 4k on that small screen. That's the beauty of it. It look perfectly crisp and sharp on it's own default resolution (800p). That also allows me to run games with higher graphics settings.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
He is no saying that.

He is saying that HIS PC is.

Philosophically speaking the most powerful hardware is always being designed and researched.
Incorrect, I'm speaking of PC in terms of raw capability. Consoles are at a certain threshold and PC potential goes extremely far beyond that.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Don't care too much about power if I can configure my graphics settings like I want for any game. I have the same graphics settings options as the PC so I can go higher than a console in areas I'm interested in and lower in areas I don't care about.

Because I don't need 4k on that small screen. That's the beauty of it. It look perfectly crisp and sharp on it's own default resolution (800p). That also allows me to run games with higher graphics settings.
Then what you need is a smaller TV so you can move on from the whole complaining about games not being 4K on consoles thing. 🧠

Status
Not open for further replies.