The Evil West: Resolutions and Recommended Specs.

P

peter42O

Would have preferred higher resolution on Series X for performance mode but as long as it's native 1080p and the 60fps stays consistent throughout the game, I will be happy. Will be picking this up when I go pick Callisto on December 2nd. Game looks good and im looking forward to it as Focus Entertainment is my best AA publisher.

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Would have preferred higher resolution on Series X for performance mode but as long as it's native 1080p and the 60fps stays consistent throughout the game, I will be happy. Will be picking this up when I go pick Callisto on December 2nd. Game looks good and im looking forward to it as Focus Entertainment is my best AA publisher.
I would have preferred 4k 60fps and 1440p 120fps on consoles looking at the PC specs tbh, they are very low recommended specs...

Reactions: peter42O

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Wow, that doesn't seem like very good optimization...

A lot of games not using very good use of the new consoles recently.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
wow. another game, another garbage optimization.
those settings makes no sense. X1X 4k but PS4Pro 1080p, the same as XSS :D
PS4 1080p the same as x1 somehow?
new gen 1080p? wtf?

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Wow, that doesn't seem like very good optimization...

A lot of games not using very good use of the new consoles recently.
Lately a few 30fps games on next gen consoles and now 1080p 60fps seems to happen too often. PS4 had so many 1080p 60fps games last gen, next gen consoles should be able to muster better than this. In any case, I'll check the tech breakdown, since it's a game that always looked interesting to me......

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Lately a few 30fps games on next gen consoles and now 1080p 60fps seems to happen too often. PS4 had so many 1080p 60fps games last gen, next gen consoles should be able to muster better than this. In any case, I'll check the tech breakdown, since it's a game that always looked interesting to me......
Easy way out, too many platforms to support for a small studio..

Reactions: arvfab
D

Deleted member 13

The resolution/fps is just what these consoles can muster. The GPUs aren't strong enough for 4k/60FPS.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
The resolution/fps is just what these consoles can muster. The GPUs aren't strong enough for 4k/60FPS.
These consoles are honestly starting to look like a flop. It's basically right back to where things were with the last generation consoles.

All of these supposed advantages over them and yet it's right back to 30 FPS or low resolution. Absolute junk.

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 51
OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
These consoles are honestly starting to look like a flop. It's basically right back to where things were with the last generation consoles.

All of these supposed advantages over them and yet it's right back to 30 FPS or low resolution. Absolute junk.
The only flop I see there is the XSS. It's a next gen console doing only 1080p 30fps, same as PS4 and XBONE. XBONEX from last gen is pushing more pixels and S was said to be the 1440p cousin of Series X.

D

Deleted member 13

Yup.. they definitely aren't what I had expected them to be. The next generation should see what we are expecting. Even the 3090 can't perform fast enough with all RT options turned up without DLSS.

D

Deleted member 13

The only flop I see there is the XSS. It's a next gen console doing only 1080p 30fps, same as PS4 and XBONE. XBONEX from last gen is pushing more pixels and S was said to be the 1440p cousin of Series X.
He's basically saying if you want next-gen features like Nanite and Lumen with a full RT lighting pipeline - you'll have to cut things down to 1080p/30FPS. While the XSS does this with normal rendering features we saw last-gen, the new consoles are in the same boat.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
No they all suck, on paper even the big boys looked like something respectable but in function everything basically looks the same and runs the same.

This is the most non generational generation of consoles by far. I thought they had finally reached the PC pipeline in a large way, I thought finally they had reached the stage with us, but no.

It's flapping jaws and disappointment.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
No they all suck, on paper even the big boys looked like something respectable but in function everything basically looks the same and runs the same.

This is the most non generational generation of consoles by far. I thought they had finally reached the PC pipeline in a large way, I thought finally they had reached the stage with us, but no.

It's flapping jaws and disappointment.
For 349 quid, you're calling next-generation consoles a flop, a disappointment.

This is why people don't take you seriously.

Have some reflection on what you are actually saying for Christ's sake.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
For 349 quid, you're calling next-generation consoles a flop, a disappointment.

This is why people don't take you seriously.

Have some reflection on what you are actually saying for Christ's sake.
Cost is irrelevant, results are not.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Ridiculous

My humble Skoda Fabia with its 3-cylinder engine and 90hp doesn't out speed a Ferrari. Cost is irrelevant, results are not.

*looks at recommended pc specs*
*looks at how the XSS performs*

Yep, another poorly optimized game. The Series S outspecs the recommended PC specs, so it should perform at 1080p 60fps with "epic" graphics. Let's ignore its big brother XSX and the PS5. But hey, I'll wait for the experts to tell me how these consoles with 8-core Ryzen 2 CPUs and GPUs that rival (except RT) the 2070 super / 2080 can't outperform a 1060 and a 6-core OG Ryzen.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
My humble Skoda Fabia with its 3-cylinder engine and 90hp doesn't out speed a Ferrari. Cost is irrelevant, results are not.

*looks at recommended pc specs*
*looks at how the XSS performs*

Yep, another poorly optimized game. The Series S outspecs the recommended PC specs, so it should perform at 1080p 60fps with "epic" graphics. Let's ignore its big brother XSX and the PS5. But hey, I'll wait for the experts to tell me how these consoles with 8-core Ryzen 2 CPUs and GPUs that rival (except RT) the 2070 super / 2080 can't outperform a 1060 and a 6-core OG Ryzen.
Do you think these CPU's are desktop equivalent or something lmao?

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 51
OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I assure you they can do 4k 60fps just fine in games that look better than Evil west too.....You always use unoptimized games as a litmust and I bet when you see great graphics at 4k 60fps from a Sony Studio will you just downplay the graphics.....I love the effects in Evil West but it isn't doing anything that merits such low framerates and resolutions on consoles. Sometimes you have to concede that not all developers are on the same level and it's not only because of budget but sometimes time or familiarity with a specific dev environment or hardware.
He's basically saying if you want next-gen features like Nanite and Lumen with a full RT lighting pipeline - you'll have to cut things down to 1080p/30FPS. While the XSS does this with normal rendering features we saw last-gen, the new consoles are in the same boat.
Listen even your $1200 4080, $1600 4090 and the launch 3090ti can't do Ultra RT at 30fps in a few titles, this is why they use DLSS and now they cheat by using frame insertion with increased latency in DLSS 3. If you can be happy with that and then have a warcry for a $400 dollar console which has mustered the best looking games so far this gen then I'd wager you are very unfair in your outlook on things.