The Evil West: Resolutions and Recommended Specs.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I assure you they can do 4k 60fps just fine in games that look better than Evil west too.....You always use unoptimized games as a litmust and I bet when you see great graphics at 4k 60fps from a Sony Studio will you just downplay the graphics.....I love the effects in Evil West but it isn't doing anything that merits such low framerates and resolutions on consoles. Sometimes you have to concede that not all developers are on the same level and it's not only because of budget but sometimes time or familiarity with a specific dev environment or hardware.

Listen even your $1200 4080, $1600 4090 and the launch 3090ti can't do Ultra RT at 30fps in a few titles, this is why they use DLSS and now they cheat by using frame insertion with increased latency in DLSS 3. If you can be happy with that and then have a warcry for a $400 dollar console which has mustered the best looking games so far this gen then I'd wager you are very unfair in your outlook on things.
Have your learnt nothing,

Cost is irrelevant, results are not

D

Deleted member 13

I assure you they can do 4k 60fps just fine in games that look better than Evil west too.....You always use unoptimized games as a litmust and I bet when you see great graphics at 4k 60fps from a Sony Studio will you just downplay the graphics.....I love the effects in Evil West but it isn't doing anything that merits such low framerates and resolutions on consoles. Sometimes you have to concede that not all developers are on the same level and it's not only because of budget but sometimes time or familiarity with a specific dev environment or hardware.
I'm totally fine with what you said. But likewise, when you see 1080p/60FPS, you can't automatically shout - "unoptimized"! Here is the evidence that these consoles are struggling for native 4k/60FPS

Horizon Forbidden West (PS exclusive) - native 4k/30FPS
Spiderman MM(PS exclusive) - 4k/30FPS where RT reflections are rendered in 1080p back buffer.
Demon Souls (PS exclusive) - 4k/30FPS
R&C (PS exclusive) - 1800p-2160p (dynamic resolution) @ 30FPS
God of War: Rag (PS exclusive) - 4k/30FPS
TLOU Remake (PS exclusive) - 4k/30FPS

The facts can NOT be disputed. 4k/60FPS is out of the question this generation. These are the Sony developers that many of you think are the whizzes at optimizations.

Listen even your $1200 4080, $1600 4090 and the launch 3090ti can't do Ultra RT at 30fps in a few titles, this is why they use DLSS and now they cheat by using frame insertion with increased latency in DLSS 3. If you can be happy with that and then have a warcry for a $400 dollar console which has mustered the best looking games so far this gen then I'd wager you are very unfair in your outlook on things.
I'm not warcrying over the lack of performance on the consoles. And yes, I have even mentioned that using RT, even the best GPUs have to resort to DLSS in order to get performance. I'm not surprised though because I have worked with RT renderers for years and know that it will take GPUs many generations before they can do it liberally.

Also, they haven't mustered the best looking games imo. I've already stated what I think are the best looking games (i.e. FS2020 and Plague). Pretty much every game is still following last-gens tech (PBR shaders, GI light probes, screen-space AO).

Last edited by a moderator:
  • haha
Reactions: arvfab
OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Have your learnt nothing,

Cost is irrelevant, results are not
The crazy thing about persons who make such a statement is that the moment you hear the console is $500 or 600 or god forbid if a console ever retails for $1000, you will hear no end to it from these very persons "Is Sony crazy" $600 for a console, I have to work two jobs, sell my kidney, there is no way I'm paying $600 for a console. These same guys buy Iphones every year, they buy $2400 Nvidia GPU's that become obsolete by Nvidia own products mere months after and never ever having games utilize the full power of mid tier NV graphics in any generation on PC farless high end, but will come to forums to boast they are playing old games at 4k 120fps at the best settings on the 2k plus GPU's......
I'm totally fine with what you said. But likewise, when you see 1080p/60FPS, you can't automatically shout - "unoptimized"! Here is the evidence that these consoles are struggling for native 4k/60FPS

Horizon Forbidden West (PS exclusive) - native 4k/30FPS
Spiderman MM(PS exclusive) - 4k/30FPS where RT reflections are rendered in 1080p back buffer.
Demon Souls (PS exclusive) - 4k/30FPS
R&C (PS exclusive) - 1800p-2160p (dynamic resolution) @ 30FPS
God of War: Rag (PS exclusive) - 4k/30FPS
TLOU Remake (PS exclusive) - 4k/30FPS

The facts can NOT be disputed. 4k/60FPS is out of the question this generation. These are the Sony developers that many of you think are the whizzes at optimizations.

I'm not warcrying over the lack of performance on the consoles. And yes, I have even mentioned that using RT, even the best GPUs have to resort to DLSS in order to get performance. I'm not surprised though because I have worked with RT renderers for years and know that it will take GPUs a long time before they can do it liberally.
How about a list with 4k 60fps.

Gran Turismo 7 (Best looking racer this gen)
Guilty Gear Strive
Astros PlayRoom
Dirt 5
Assassins Creed Valhalla
Nioh Collection
Many COD Games
F1 22
WRC 9
Borderlands 3

And so many more like DMC5 SE, Destiny 2 etc......

Then we have The Touryst at 8K 60fps, so why be so myopic in your view.

D

Deleted member 13

Guilty Gear Strive
Astros PlayRoom
Dirt 5
Assassins Creed Valhalla
Nioh Collection
Many COD Games
F1 22
WRC 9
Borderlands 3

LOL at your games list!!

You mentioned PS games being the best looking ones and you accused me of choosing unoptimized games. I presented for you ALL of the PS (except GT7) companies. So which is it? You trust Sony or 3rd party developers to bring the 4k/60FPS games worthy of a top graphics title?

NOTE: It's very funny that everytime you mention a game that other developers should follow after, it's a Sony game. Here is a list where you clearly wouldn't mention in a conversation of "this game has best graphics" and yet, you listed them here to try and stick with the 4k/60FPS agenda. :LOL:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I've already stated what I think are the best looking games (i.e. FS2020 and Plague).
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Oh, you serious...
Cracking Up Lol GIF

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
The crazy thing about persons who make such a statement is that the moment you hear the console is $500 or 600 or god forbid if a console ever retails for $1000, you will hear no end to it from these very persons "Is Sony crazy" $600 for a console, I have to work two jobs, sell my kidney, there is no way I'm paying $600 for a console. These same guys buy Iphones every year, they buy $2400 Nvidia GPU's that become obsolete by Nvidia own products mere months after and never ever having games utilize the full power of mid tier NV graphics in any generation on PC farless high end, but will come to forums to boast they are playing old games at 4k 120fps at the best settings on the 2k plus GPU's......

Guilty Gear Strive
Astros PlayRoom
Dirt 5
Assassins Creed Valhalla
Nioh Collection
Many COD Games
F1 22
WRC 9
Borderlands 3

A bunch of last generation tech games, wow.

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
LOL at your games list!!

You mentioned PS games being the best looking ones and you accused me of choosing unoptimized games. I presented for you ALL of the PS (except GT7) companies. So which is it? You trust Sony or 3rd party developers to bring the 4k/60FPS games worthy of a top graphics title?

NOTE: It's very funny that everytime you mention a game that other developers should follow after, it's a Sony game. Here is a list where you clearly wouldn't mention in a conversation of "this game has best graphics" and yet, you listed them here to try and stick with the 4k/60FPS agenda. :LOL:
I figured you would knock the list. Yet GT7 is exclusive and so is Astro's Playroom from their first party studios, two great looking games. You said the console can't do 4k 60fps when that is furthest from the truth. It's the only console that has an 8k 60fps game too. So whoever delivers 4k 60 fps on the console is irrelevant. Yet if you bring lots of the last gen games which got updated, they are mostly all 4k 60 fps too....and that includes alot of Sony first party games or exclusives.....

P

peter42O

I'm guessing the resolution is due to Evil West being fully playable in co-op. Either way, im fine with 1080p as long as that 60fps is stable and consistent throughout. Will pick this up when I pick up Callisto.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 13

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Do you think these CPU's are desktop equivalent or something lmao?

I know the lad has been banned, but to answer this, if we match the PS5 APU with known AMD APUs, it would be more or less a match to the Renoir 4700GE. The CPU on the 4700GE is faster than the Ryzen 1600x across the board.

If we're comparing it to the 4700 non-GE version, it's an even bigger difference.

So yet again, talking out of his ass, as a lot of people do in forums when they want to shit on these consoles. Also, the CPU found in XSX and PS5 APUs is similar enough (300Mhz at most is absolutely nothing in today's computing).

As for the CPU, they have both been shown to compete with anything in between the 2060 super and the 2080 (excluding Ray-Tracing). If our baseline is the 2060 super, the performance gap to the 6GB 1060 is massive.

So when I say this game is yet another poorly optimized title, the specs alone reveal this. Both the CPU and GPU on the PS5 and Series X are more than capable of out competing the recommended specs for this game, even if we don't factor in OS overhead which is higher on Personal Computers.

D

Deleted member 13

I've never harassed anyone on these boards for thinking PS games look better than any other 3rd party game. Show me where I have sent gifs or pictures laughing at people thinking any of the PS games look better than anything else and I'll gladly accept your big mirror.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I've never harassed anyone on these boards for thinking PS games look better than any other 3rd party game. Show me where I have sent gifs or pictures laughing at people thinking any of the PS games look better than anything else and I'll gladly accept your big mirror.
You have harassed me many times, you said my i3-2100 was shit. 🙁

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 13
D

Deleted member 13

I'm guessing the resolution is due to Evil West being fully playable in co-op. Either way, im fine with 1080p as long as that 60fps is stable and consistent throughout. Will pick this up when I pick up Callisto.
Let me know your impressions bro. I'd like to buy it but not sure I want to spend the $60 just yet.

D

Deleted member 51

I know the lad has been banned, but to answer this, if we match the PS5 APU with known AMD APUs, it would be more or less a match to the Renoir 4700GE. The CPU on the 4700GE is faster than the Ryzen 1600x across the board.

If we're comparing it to the 4700 non-GE version, it's an even bigger difference.

So yet again, talking out of his ass, as a lot of people do in forums when they want to shit on these consoles. Also, the CPU found in XSX and PS5 APUs is similar enough (300Mhz at most is absolutely nothing in today's computing).

As for the CPU, they have both been shown to compete with anything in between the 2060 super and the 2080 (excluding Ray-Tracing). If our baseline is the 2060 super, the performance gap to the 6GB 1060 is massive.

So when I say this game is yet another poorly optimized title, the specs alone reveal this. Both the CPU and GPU on the PS5 and Series X are more than capable of out competing the recommended specs for this game, even if we don't factor in OS overhead which is higher on Personal Computers.
Wait, wouldn't it be like a 4700S, but severely downclocked/crippled? It can't reach anywhere those frequencies. Wouldn't this be why games are limited to 30fps now?

D

Deleted member 51

Actually less than the 3700x by a big margin. Several sites concur with this

D

Deleted member 13

You can't compare a minimum spec to the console if you don't know what graphics resolution or graphics settings it will have (or how expensive each of the settings are). We need data on the graphics settings and count the ms in them to determine why the consoles have to go to 1080p/60FPS.

I think DF will have results on what I'm talking about soon. We can take a look at what they come up with.