The GoWR, TLOU2, and GoT, megathread! The soup of PS 1st Party goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
That's where you and I disagree. Let's see when they release HFW on PC.
First let's see if they release it on PC or not.

Some people had the theory that they would port their GaaS games faster on PC (something I'd understand). But Dreams, MLB, Destruction All Stars and Gran Turismo 7 are not announced for PC.

I don’t believe HFW will come to PC before 2024… well at least it won’t come in 2023 imo.

I believe before HFW we will get Returnal, The Last of Us Part 2, Ghost of Tsumina, Racket & Clank and Demon’s Souls on PC.
I think PS5 only games like Returnal, Ratchet Rift Apart or Demon's Sous will take way longer to be ported, I think they'll prefer to keep them as PS5 unique selling points for a while, and until then to release ports of PS4 games (some of them remade/remastered like the Uncharteds, TLOU or Spider-Man) before they get too old.

I think the Ghost of Tsushima port will be released months before its movie or sequel releases as a PS5 only game.

I thought a PS5 version of TLOU2 was going to be released bundled with TLOU1 remake or their TLOU online game to promote the tv show, but seems it won't be the case. So probably they'll wait for a PS5+PC remaster/"Director's Cut" of TLOU2 with maybe TLOU1 bundled as extra content a few months before the season 2 of the tv series goes live.

I think that for the next fiscal year we may see as the next PC ports Bloodborne (with a PS5 version half a year or so released with extra content), MLB23 -they only day one and published by MLB, an exception-, Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection (I feel weird they didn't release it before the current collection), Dreams (a few monts after it gets a PS5/PSVR2 version) and if lucky Sackboy. After them at the end of the FY but more probably in the next FY there would be TLOU2.

If God of War Ragnarok is as good as 2018 it'll still lose to Elden Ring, tbh
I think Elden Ring already won the goty, doesn't matter if GoWR is better than GoW 2018 or Elden Ring. It's multi and the MS and PC fans won't have any goty candidate exclusive to vote. Nintendo fans will get instead as always their "inclusivity representation" as one of their final nominees (games that wouldn't be there if weren't Nintendo exclusives) but if not their vote will be split between Bayonetta, Pokemon and Splatoon 3. Sony's fans instead will have their vote mostly on GoWR but split with Horizon 2 and GT7.

So everything combined, I think will win Elden Ring. I also think that even if both GoWR and Elden Ring end being as good equallly, and same amount of people would have played them, I think people would also favor Elden Ring for being a new IP and having added open world to their genre while GoWR is going to be pretty likely an awesome game but a direct, coninuist sequel that won't add such big chang to its series and genre.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13

First let's see if they release it on PC or not.

Some people had the theory that they would port their GaaS games faster on PC (something I'd understand). But Dreams, MLB, Destruction All Stars and Gran Turismo 7 are not announced for PC.
True but that's because they aren't as popular. HZD engine is primed and ready for PC. HFW shouldn't take too long to release on PC .

Question: Would you say that Miles Morales is considered a PS5 game? Because if so, then we see already that PC picked up that port very recently (it releases next month).

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
True but that's because they aren't as popular. HZD engine is primed and ready for PC. HFW shouldn't take too long to release on PC .

Question: Would you say that Miles Morales is considered a PS5 game? Because if so, then we see already that PC picked up that port very recently (it releases next month).

It is a ps5 game because spider-man remastered version is the one releasing on pc also, and that was only available on ps5.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
I feel bad for anyone eventually playing Returnal on a mechanical HDD. Especially before they get the hang of the game. 😅

Loading Downloading GIF

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Miles Morales is not ready.
That is the reason it won’t launch with Spider-Man next month on PC.

It will launch in November… that means they will work for at least 3 months just on Miles Morales port to PC even with the engine already being ported with Spider-Man.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Gran Turismo series is way more popular than the Horizon one. If they would have ported a GT but they consider GT7 is too new they could have ported GT Sport.

Did I say Morales is a PS5 game? If it's the case I had a mistake. It's crossgen game, which means it's mostly a PS4 game. With a PS5 version with minor tweaks and improvements, but a PS4 game made with a PS4 engine and that doesn't take full advantage at all of any important PS5 new tech (not counting 3d audio or gamepad stuff) like RT, SSD, crazy IO and everything related to it.

Same goes with Spider-Man Remastered, TLOU1 remake or the Uncharted collection. They all count as PS4 to me and probably Sony. TLOU1 uses the TLOU2 engine with obvious tweaks and stuff releasing a next game and for next gen, but I think the only reason to don't make it crossgen it's they already released a remaster of that game for PS4 so it would sound even more insulting to release a game and remaster of the same game in the same console.

D

Deleted member 13

Did I say Morales is a PS5 game? If it's the case I had a mistake. It's crossgen game, which means it's mostly a PS4 game. With a PS5 version with minor tweaks and improvements, but a PS4 game made with a PS4 engine and that doesn't take full advantage at all of any important PS5 new tech (not counting 3d audio or gamepad stuff) like RT, SSD, crazy IO and everything related to it.
While that may be true, I don't think the game engine needs to be rewritten for the PS5. They got RT working in the engine and did some improvements with lighting. Also, it's sort of weird to think that they will port the PS4 game engine implementation for the PC and start from scratch with a PS5 engine that isn't portable to the PC.

With regards to the features you mentioned, we all need to be careful that we don't assume just because Epic came up with Nanite/Lumen that other studios will be just as capable. I'm not saying Insomniac isn't capable, but I'm saying that we shouldn't think all other games coming out (from various developers) that are just for PS5/XSX/PC will have an equivalent implementation just because we are in a new generation.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
GAF has people adamant on this game being delayed. I’m very annoyed at this right now.
They still believes it will be delayed? C’mon.

Unless some event of catastrophe magnitude happens like a world wars, tsunami in Santa Monica, etc there is no chance to delay anymore.

Edit - Preorders start in 5 days.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: TubzGaming

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
They still believes it will be delayed? C’mon.

Unless some event of catastrophe magnitude happens like a world wars, tsunami in Santa Monica, etc there is no chance to delay anymore.

Edit - Preorders start in 5 days.
Craig of War just made a suicidal thread there. I hope he doesn’t make an account here. The guy was annoying everyone with fake conspiracy theories.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
I love Elden Ring but anyone who. Thinks Elden Ring has GOTY on lock are fooling themselves and i don’t think that ‘DLC’ narrative is sticking how they think it is
It's obvious that the race for the GOTY is far from being over as some people imagine

Ragnarök has its chances just like its elder brother Red Dead 2 which was still above elden ring in terms of expectations and especially that it is a Rockstar Games game.

In short, nothing is done.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I don't see it like that. PC isn't rival hardware. I would release as soon as the port is finished. We will see though.
I'm fairly sure it is, many people have console(s) and PC to play games. If they can get the same content everywhere I don't see why someone would just keep their console(s) at all, or at the very least upgrade to new ones as they come along.

Obviously there are cases where you are "right", but for a lot of people there is an overlap.

Status
Not open for further replies.