The GoWR, TLOU2, and GoT, megathread! The soup of PS 1st Party goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Souls fan saying GoW is slow and heavy? What is this? The upside down?

Compared to Elden Ring yes it's not even close, movement feels much freer and speedy to me particularly with the horse and the new jumping attacks are awesome.

• haha
Reactions: Swift_Star

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Haven't played it since launch so I don't remember a ton of specifics. The tone of the game went from metal murderer to ponderous dad. No more titties. Condescending comments from the gaming literati about why GoW needed to change, lots of talk about how GoW was a promoter of toxic masculinity, etc. The feeling was "we are embarrassed by what this franchise used to be and want to make it more mature", rather than lean into it and give us a balls to the wall GoW. 3 is a much more fun game to me.
🤔

That seems the opposite by what Kratos is in GoW.
He continue being a mass murderer and basic teach his son to be a mass murderer too even against his own child nature... the child wants to help people, save animals and have guilty killing others humans/gods/things... Kratos just force and say "you have to kill".

That is dynamic shines because Kratos is a wall guy... he is brute without apparent feelings.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
🤔

He continue being a mass murderer and basic teach his son to be a mass murderer too even against his own child nature... the child wants to help people, save animals and have guilty and kill others humans... Kratos just force and say "you have to kill".
But Kratos is also aware of the repercussions of killing without thinking. He knows he shouldn't kill random people, gods, whatever unless it's absolutely necessary. He saw what happened in Greece and sure doesn't want that to happen again. This time he kills to protect himself.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

Nym

21 Jun 2022
🤔

He continue being a mass murderer and basic teach his son to be a mass murderer too even against his own child nature... the child wants to help people, save animals and have guilty killing others humans/gods/things... Kratos just force and say "you have to kill".

That is dynamic shines because Kratos is a wall guy... he is brute without apparent feelings.

Yeah it doesn't feel the same what can I say, there was a lot more walk & talk and less eye gouging & titties

• haha

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Compared to Elden Ring yes it's not even close, movement feels much freer and speedy to me particularly with the horse and the new jumping attacks are awesome.
Elder Ring combat is way but way slower than GoW combat.
It is not even comparable.

Kratos will kill dozen of dudes in a few moves with Blades of Chaos while in Elden Ring you will still doing the first movement to kill a single enemy.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
But Kratos is also aware of the repercussions of killing without thinking. He knows he shouldn't kill random people, gods, whatever unless it's absolutely necessary. He saw what happened in Greece and sure doesn't want that to happen again. This time he kills to protect himself.
Yeap he learn something thought the jorney.
But just a point he still nutre a big hate for Gods... good Gods are Gods killed in his mind.
He is more sympathetic to others races lol

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Elder Ring combat is way but way slower than GoW combat.

Kratos will kill dozen of dudes in a few moves with Blades of Chaos while in Elden Ring you will still doing the first movement to kill a single enemy.

Disagree not sure what to tell you, as I said I really enjoy high octane action games - DMC, Bayo, Vanquish, OG GoW, etc.

New GoW did not scratch the itch for me and I lost interest in the franchise as it is, ER was a blast for me so YMMV I guess.

• haha

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Yeap he learn something thought the jorney.
But just a point he still nutre a big hate for Gods... good God is Good killed in his mind.
He is more sympathetic to others races lol
Yeah but the guy has his reasons. He doesn't trust gods but he's not on a killing revenge spree anymore, which makes sense given all that's happened. The game is better for it, too. Edgy teenage Kratos should be left on the past.

• haha

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Disagree not sure what to tell you, as I said I really enjoy high octane action games - DMC, Bayo, Vanquish, OG GoW, etc.

New GoW did not scratch the itch for me and I lost interest in the franchise as it is, ER was a blast for me so YMMV I guess.
There is nothing to disagree because I did not share an opinion.
It is the mechanics of each game.

Elden Ring combat is made to be slow paced and single target.
GoW combat is made to be fast paced and multi target.

What you call slow is probably using the Axe that is a Range Weapon... you probably never played it enough.
The Range Combat (using Axe) is already faster than most if not all Elden Ring weapons.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
There is nothing to disagree because I did not share an opinion.
It is the mechanics of each game.

I disagree that ER feels slower. If you want to pretend you are presenting objectivity, I'll need some data.

• haha

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm asking you to prove it because I think that is incorrect
It is not.
Mecanically Elden Ring is faster than DS2 and slower than DS3... that is slower than Bloodborne or Sekiro.

And before you say these are Reddit postes... see the interview:

You will still kill dozen of enemies in GoW in the time you killed one in Elden Ring.
The difference in combat speed is water to wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.