Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I timestamped it to where you're claiming this happens... try counting...

And?
I played the game right now... counted right now.... btw if you look at it you played at easy? Because my enemies never died with so few hits and he doesn't change the camera to see the enemies on his him lol

BTW there is a shortcut to fast change the view to the opposite side... because there is a rede arrow icon when there are enemies on your back that didn't happen in this video... Mimir keep tracking all the enemies in the fight too helping Kratons knows where they are.

If I keep just going ahead hitting the front enemies I should die for sure.... I had to time combos, dodge and change between enemies to survive.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
And?
I played the game right now... counted right now.... btw if you look at it you played at easy? Because my enemies never died with so few hits and he doesn't change the camera to see the enemies behind him lol

That's not my footage, dude, there's never more than 5 enemies on-screen at once, tho.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Haven't played it since launch so I don't remember a ton of specifics. The tone of the game went from metal murderer to ponderous dad. No more titties. Condescending comments from the gaming literati about why GoW needed to change, lots of talk about how GoW was a promoter of toxic masculinity, etc. The feeling was "we are embarrassed by what this franchise used to be and want to make it more mature", rather than lean into it and give us a balls to the wall GoW. 3 is a much more fun game to me.
Wtf
None of that is true. What's wrong with you?

Reactions: ethomaz

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Haven't played it since launch so I don't remember a ton of specifics. The tone of the game went from metal murderer to ponderous dad. No more titties. Condescending comments from the gaming literati about why GoW needed to change, lots of talk about how GoW was a promoter of toxic masculinity, etc. The feeling was "we are embarrassed by what this franchise used to be and want to make it more mature", rather than lean into it and give us a balls to the wall GoW. 3 is a much more fun game to me.
It's literally a continuation of the path God of War 3 put Kratos on.

It's called Character Development, bud. And if you think striving to be better and take the second chance he was given and try to do it right is "woke", maybe consider parenting classes? Cuz that's a VERY weird idea of "woke".

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

It's called Character Development, bud. And if you think striving to be better and take the second chance he was given and try to do it right is "woke", maybe consider parenting classes? Cuz that's a VERY weird idea of "woke".
Maturing is the new Woke it seems.

• haha
Reactions: mansoor1980

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Yea. Even if GoW outsells ER, IMO it still won't be in the same league as ER as a game. ER just has way more components to it and therefore will stand the test of time like Zelda does.
Components by what measurement? GOW has a deeper combat system, though not as diverse in weapon options and enemies. It has puzzles which ER doesn't and a far better story. Exploration goes to ER but GOW is no slouch there and I'd say they are pretty close in terms of level design

And in terms of standing the test of time GOW 2018 has already done that. Arguably better than BOTW

Reactions: Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Components by what measurement? GOW has a deeper combat system, though not as diverse in weapon options and enemies. It has puzzles which ER doesn't and a far better story. Exploration goes to ER but GOW is no slouch there and I'd say they are pretty close in terms of level design

And in terms of standing the test of time GOW 2018 has already done that. Arguably better than BOTW
Oh but the obtusiveness of ER will age badly and I guarantee you that simply because unlike the other souls games, this reached a far wider audience. You can already see that in various gaming circles the opinion on the game is changing. People are seeing its flaws more and more over time.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022

Call it what you want I didn't enjoy playing it

D

Deleted member 13

It's quite simple really. The bulk of both of those games gameplay is combat. And I'm sorry but I'd rather have ER combat than GoW combat. I get bored of GoW combat (as well as other games like Batman). ER combat requires me to not be sloppy on the most simple of creatures. That keeps me engaged and the gameplay never gets boring.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nym

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I pray Firesprite can update Twisted Metal in a similar way. Not make it serious or introspective but modernize it enough and keep its original charms.

I hate to see IP die because the studios cant come up with creative ways to bring it into modern gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.