The GoWR, TLOU2, and GoT, megathread! The soup of PS 1st Party goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13

played GOW again and man the combat is just great , more enjoyable than in ELDEN RING for sure.
We'll have to disagree on this one. ER has the best motion of movement based on physics than any game I can think of. I want to "feel" like my sword swing has weight to it and momentum. All the other 3rd person games (GoW, Witcher, etc..) are too "smooth" where the animations don't match physical reality.

Reactions: mansoor1980

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
It is not.
Mecanically Elden Ring is faster than DS2 and slower than DS3... that is slower than Bloodborne or Sekiro.

And before you say these are Reddit postes... see the interview:

You will still kill dozen of enemies in GoW in the time you killed one in Elden Ring.
The difference in combat speed is water to wine.

le epic Reddit moment, when in God of War 2018 are there even a dozen enemies on-screen at once let alone dozens?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
We'll have to disagree on this one. ER has the best motion of movement based on physics than any game I can think of. I want to "feel" like my sword swing has weight to it and momentum. All the other 3rd person games (GoW, Witcher, etc..) are too "smooth" where the animations don't match physical reality.
Kratos is a super powered god, why would his attacks be slow?

D

Deleted member 13

I’m not sure Elden Ring have more components than GoW..: it has more weapons but the combat is basic compared with GoW mechanics.
Basic in the sense that you have limited number of moves but it's highly accurate with the movement whereas GoW is not. I tend to not like games based on combos like GoW, NG, etc.. They don't really get me into the game. I say ER has more components because it has an entire RPG system in it. Multiple player characters, multiple different animations based on class, weapon type, etc.. An inventory system, a money system, many many more enemies of various types, sizes and shapes.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You know you play as a God with basically infinite stamina and strength.... it is his physical reality.

Reactions: mansoor1980
D

Deleted member 13

Kratos is a super powered god, why would his attacks be slow?
Slow isn't the same as realistic. We don't care that he's a super god, his shape and size resembles a human. His weapon weight, power, and his movements with the terrain and his combat moves should appear accurate. This is all MY OPINION. I am not stating that everyone else should share my tastes.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

mansoor1980

4 Jul 2022
it feels good to combat HUMANOID enemies in ER , just not the gigantic crazy ones , because then it does not match physical reality , and feels clunky and a spam fest

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
So a bunch of subjective opinions saying it feels slower than DS3 and then the dev saying it's about the same as DS3 ("DS3 speed was starting point"), but you are saying it's slower than DS3 for some reason

GoW just feels tanky to me overall, plus I don't enjoy the combat options, I was just so bored with the axe stuff and the other weapon was disappointing to me as well. I just don't like how the combat engine feels what can I say. I was there on day 1, was an old fan and excited to see a new game but it didn't impress me.

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 13

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So a bunch of subjective opinions saying it feels slower than DS3 and then the dev saying it's about the same as DS3 ("DS3 speed was starting point"), but you are saying it's slower than DS3 for some reason

GoW just feels tanky to me overall, plus I don't enjoy the combat options, I was just so bored with the axe stuff and the other weapon was disappointing to me as well. I just don't like how the combat engine feels what can I say. I was there on day 1, was an old fan and excited to see a new game but it didn't impress me.
The Dev said it is closer and not that it reaches Dark Souls 3 speed... it is slower.

D

Deleted member 13

I understand what you are saying and there is nothing wrong with your opinion. Different strokes for different folks.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nym

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
The Dev said it is closer and not that it reaches Dark Souls 3 speed... it is slower.

Where does it say Elden ring is slower than DS3 in this quote? You said:

Elden Ring is...slower than DS3...

He said:

YK: We’d say the sense of speed of combat is closer to Dark Souls 3. If you remember we had Dark Souls 1 and 2 released with more steady, deliberate combat speed. Then Bloodborne came out which really kind of changed that and added a lot more speed and aggression. We saw that the fans really responded well to that, so we wanted to incorporate a bit of that speed into Dark Souls 3, and that was met quite well. So we’ve used that as a base, sort of a starting point for Elden Ring

To me this reads like "people liked the speed increase we added in DS3, and this was the starting point for Elden Ring"

Thus, not slower.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
I just fired a save the luz... put in the ship battle... you will have 4 enemies going to each of the 2 torches and some more randoms to try to block you from save the points.

Deal with that one lol
I timestamped it to where you're claiming this happens... try counting...

Status
Not open for further replies.