TubzGaming

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Even without the Disc, which I still think is a scummy move, I'm getting the Jotnar Edition. Bring me those goodies!
I have not got a single disk the whole time i have had a PS5 and most of the PS4 Gen, I just like the ease of just paying and downloading games.
Yes its lazy but im happy to pay to be lazy once in a while.
Tired Fight Club GIF

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I have not got a single disk the whole time i have had a PS5 and most of the PS4 Gen, I just like the ease of just paying and downloading games.

I don't mind the digital stuff, that's fine. But the disk is what will allow me to play the game if shit happens in the future. (server issues, whatever, that prevent redownload). They could have included the PS4 disc version and a PS5 code, done.

Reactions: Cragarmi

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I just hope Amazon or so has a Steelbook Edition with the disc. I'm already out of the collector's edition because of this.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I just hope Amazon or so has a Steelbook Edition with the disc. I'm already out of the collector's edition because of this.

I'm gonna get Jotnar for sure, unless it's not available, and then bargain bin a second hand disc in the future.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Did you notice too?. No 'insider' posting cryptic tweets before they drops the video.
Not wanting to get political (or want to discuss the merits of either side) but I'd say it got delayed over the Roe v Wade issue in the States, and not the insider leaks. Sony have history as they previously delayed a presentation a week as it fell on the funeral date of George Floyd. In my mind, I think it's the same tactic as it allows Sony more space in news media where it could get lost in the void otherwise.

Last edited:

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Not wanting to get political (or want to discuss the merits of either side) but I'd day it got delayed over the Roe v Wade issue in the States, and not the insider leaks. Sony have history as they previously delayed a presentation a week as it fell on the funeral date of George Floyd. In my mind, I think it's the same tactic as it allows Sony more space in news media where it could get lost in the void otherwise.
Also that 'insider' is still active, as of yesterday

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Wait, help me out here. Spoiler below.

Isn't Fenrir the son of Loki in Norse mythology? Why would he appear in the game?

• thinking_hard
Reactions: mansoor1980

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Great news, finally we got the date and something else!

Seems they decided to avoid the "Starfield date". The cg trailer and the unboxing are cool. Nice to see there an actor (he's so badass) and a dev making the unboxing. Sadly they didn't include the game disc on these collections.

I assume they'll show more gameplay either the day they'll open preorders (next week) or in EVO (next month).

Isn't Fenrir the son of Loki in Norse mythology? Why would he appear in the game?
In the mythology Loki has several sons with the black girl we saw in the previous trailer, Angrboða: Fenrir (wolf), Hel (ruler of the underworld of the same name, basically the hell) and the (time traveller) giant serpent we saw in the game. In the mythology Loki gets fucked by a horse (Loki can shapesifts into a mare, in addition to a fly, a woman or a salmon) and has another son: an eight legged horse.

They are making the very own version of the mythology, with only small links. The mythology is pretty chaotical because comes from different stories that don't match each other and in some ways is also open to interpretations.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

Loki fucked 😂. Not the first game to have his offspring in. Serious answer is I don't know. I imagine it's back in time shenanigans like the World Serpent

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I just gotta assume that they are crunching like mectkhruofers for this game no to slip into next year. Cuz their marketing strategy has been abysmal.

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Loki fucked 😂. Not the first game to have his offspring in. Serious answer is I don't know. I imagine it's back in time shenanigans like the World Serpent
The first game didn't entirely follow the known Mythology either!

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022

Could be that yeah, I guess.

In both the Poetic Edda and Prose Edda, Fenrir is the father of the wolves Sköll and Hati Hróðvitnisson, is a son of Loki and is foretold to kill the god Odin during the events of Ragnarök, but will in turn be killed by Odin's son Víðarr.

Status
Not open for further replies.