The Gran Turismo Movie Debuts With "A" On CinemaScore.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Ill check it one day, glad its doing ok. Hopefully it pushes GT7 sales, its a great game
Anorher cinematic success for SONY, next we have the Jak movie
Yeah, Id love for them to have a Jak n Daxter remake or sequel in time for the movie, otherwise would be totally pointless for me

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
This might be a dumb question, but didn't reviews come out for this weeks ago? Is Cinemascore reputable?

I'm going to see it anyway and probably love it.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Troubling times we live in, when an unpretentious movie that tries to simply entertain without socio-political agenda receives so much praise precisely for that.

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
Those are reviews by movie critic. Cinemascore is rating given by audience who actually paid and watched the movies in theater during opening weekend.
Thanks, I kind of guessed that to be the case. Like "user score" on Meta Critic then, or "audience score" on Rotten Tomatoes. i.e. the only "real" score that matters. I couldn't give two flying fucks what 99% of movie critics have to say anymore, which is why I generally just check the IMDb score, which AFAIK is user-driven.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Ill check it one day, glad its doing ok. Hopefully it pushes GT7 sales, its a great game

Yeah, Id love for them to have a Jak n Daxter remake or sequel in time for the movie, otherwise would be totally pointless for me

Naughty Dog have no interest, and the only other studio i would trust with the IP is Ready At Dawn (Daxter was pretty awesome) but they are owned by Mark Zuckerberg sadly.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Naughty Dog have no interest, and the only other studio i would trust with the IP is Ready At Dawn (Daxter was pretty awesome) but they are owned by Mark Zuckerberg sadly.
Id trust Bluepoint to do a remake too. Fingers crossed they worked with someone like Ready at Dawn to make a game. Or Naughty dog has created a 3rd/4th team etc.

TBH with current Sony I have no idea what they are doing and I have no faith in them making a Jak n Daxter game to go along with the film

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
It seems it has bombed at the box office.
2 weeks preview + 1 week official release = 53.8m, it needs 150m to break even with 60m budget.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Watched it yeasterday.
It is a good movie... solid 8.5/10 imo.

But I won't lie the session I watched it have just me, my boy and my nephew.
I was the only customer family in the cinema room for that movie.

While at the other side room with Blue Beetle was full.
I even meet my brother and his family before enter the rooms.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sony released the gross for the opening in domestic.

$17.3 million

It is not great neither too bad... it is way better than others racing movies.
But still it is around half of Uncharted.

For a better comparison (domestic only):
  • 2023's The Super Mario Bros. Movie: $146M
  • 2022’s Uncharted: $44.0M
  • 2016’s Warcraft: $24.1M
  • 2018’s Tomb Raider: $23.6M
  • 2021’s Mortal Kombat: $23.3M (include streaming on Max)
  • 2023's Gran Turismo: Based on a True Story $17.3M
  • 2017’s Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: $13.6M
  • 2016’s Assassin’s Creed: $10.2M
  • 2013’s Rush: $10.0M
  • 2019’s The Art of Racing in the Rain: $8.1M
  • 2017’s Logan Lucky: $7.6M
Talking about Global estimates put it at $53.8M.

The Blue Beetle (the movie I said was having full rooms here) did $25M at debut in domestic.

BTW Barbie surpassed Mario as year’s highest-grossing movie... Barbie is around $600M just in domestic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just watched it, I'm surprised how well they made it translate to the big screen. Loved the gaming to real life premise! Sony is killing it in the game to cinema translations. I'm loving this!

Reactions: ethomaz

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Reports are that this cost around 60M. Add that much for marketing, and it will probably be a box office bomb.