The Last of Us 2 Review Thread & |OT| We Could Have Killed You" – "Maybe You Should Have" |UP| New patch out. .

What do you think TLOU2 Remaster will score?

• Total voters

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Dina and I are headed to the TV station now. Man, I think I found myself playing with that extension cord that open the two gates for 20 minutes. I was testing out the physics of it, and it's insane. Whoever was put in charge of that, kudos. I found myself throwing it through the windows of the gate room and bringing it out the other side. The stealth is very satisfying. I do wish I could end the stealth animation sooner, but really, that's a good problem to have. More realism.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Dina and I are headed to the TV station now. Man, I think I found myself playing with that extension cord that open the two gates for 20 minutes. I was testing out the physics of it, and it's insane. Whoever was put in charge of that, kudos. I found myself throwing it through the windows of the gate room and bringing it out the other side. The stealth is very satisfying. I do wish I could end the stealth animation sooner, but really, that's a good problem to have. More realism.
My only gripe is not being able to cancel out the work bench upgrade animations! I have no patience and hate waiting for it to finish.

• Shake
Reactions: KvallyX

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
My only gripe is not being able to cancel out the work bench upgrade animations! I have no patience and hate waiting for it to finish.
Yeah, the animations are cool for the work bench. But after awhile they get tedious. First world problems I suppose. I must say, now that I have the shotgun, I am desperate to hit a work bench and upgrade it. It's already bad ass.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah, the animations are cool for the work bench. But after awhile they get tedious. First world problems I suppose. I must say, now that I have the shotgun, I am desperate to hit a work bench and upgrade it. It's already bad ass.
Incendiary shells are dope! But they always are in almost every game.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Patch 1.1.0​

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Patch Notes.​

New Content

• Grounded II: Making The Last of Us Part II
    • Learn directly from the team at Naughty Dog about what it took to bring the acclaimed sequel The Last of Us Part II to life, with a new behind-the-scenes look at development.
  • New Bonus skins for Ellie and Abby

Bug Fixes and Improvements

Accessibility
  • Multiple screen reader improvements and bug fixes
  • Changes made to improve HUD color readability
  • Fixed audio cues when zooming in with scope on body regions of characters
  • Fixed an issue with supply crates while using High Contrast Display
  • [No Return] Fixed an issue where HUD color changes wouldn’t save
  • [Lost Levels] Improved navigation assistance
Gameplay
No Return
  • “Mixed Bag” trophy now counts damage-over-time kills from molotovs
  • Fixed an issue where the Planning Board could inaccurately display active Mods on an encounter
  • Fixed an issue where players could quit out during death in a No Return run without penalty
  • Fixed an issue where Joel and Tommy could become stun locked by repeated melee attacks
  • Fixed an issue in the Arcade Bloater boss level where Infected would not jump down from balcony
  • Fixed cases where Gambits would appear that are impossible to complete in certain encounters
  • Fixed issues in Garage Bloater boss level where player could become unreachable by Infected
  • Fixed an issue where Clicker kills were not counting toward Challenge goals
  • Fixed an issue where detailed statistics weren't displayed after a No Return encounter
  • Fixed issues related to the “Stealth Kills Boost Movement” speed modifier
  • Dropped bombs from enemies no longer negatively count towards player’s accuracy statistics
  • Mirror gameplay modifiers can no longer be enabled in No Return
Other Modes
  • [Guitar Free Play] Fixed an issue that prevented one Nylon Guitar string from playing
  • [Lost Levels] Multiple bug fixes for commentary bubble counters
General
  • Multiple UI tweaks and improvements throughout game, particularly within No Return
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when progressing naturally from Santa Barbara to the Epilogue
  • Players can now enable the Director Commentary without having to first beat the Story
  • Fixed an issue where the main menu's boat scene may not correctly match the player's current level of story progression
  • Fixed an issue where the incorrect weapon skin would be active while in a workbench
  • Fixed an issue which allowed gameplay modifiers to inadvertently affect 'Making Of' content
  • Fixed an issue where the main menu's scene may not correctly match the player's current level of story progression
  • Fixed an issue where game could become temporarily locked at 40 FPS in uncommon boot conditions
  • Fixed an issue with Model Viewer preview display
  • Fixed an issue where Bow Resistance could be locked with Adaptive Triggers enabled
  • Fixed multiple issues with PS4 save data imports
  • Fixed issue where player may become stuck on a black screen after quitting and reopening game with a completed save file
  • [No Return] Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing the final score of a Daily Run
  • [No Return] Fixed an issue where players were unable to change weapon skins for certain characters
Localization
  • Various minor localization fixes across multiple languages
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when text language is set to Japanese, Simplified Chinese, or Traditional Chinese, specifically while navigating through menus

Reactions: KvallyX

ElCapitano

11 Mar 2023

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Patch 1.1.0​

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Patch Notes.​

New Content

• Grounded II: Making The Last of Us Part II
    • Learn directly from the team at Naughty Dog about what it took to bring the acclaimed sequel The Last of Us Part II to life, with a new behind-the-scenes look at development.
  • New Bonus skins for Ellie and Abby

Bug Fixes and Improvements

Accessibility
  • Multiple screen reader improvements and bug fixes
  • Changes made to improve HUD color readability
  • Fixed audio cues when zooming in with scope on body regions of characters
  • Fixed an issue with supply crates while using High Contrast Display
  • [No Return] Fixed an issue where HUD color changes wouldn’t save
  • [Lost Levels] Improved navigation assistance
Gameplay
No Return
  • “Mixed Bag” trophy now counts damage-over-time kills from molotovs
  • Fixed an issue where the Planning Board could inaccurately display active Mods on an encounter
  • Fixed an issue where players could quit out during death in a No Return run without penalty
  • Fixed an issue where Joel and Tommy could become stun locked by repeated melee attacks
  • Fixed an issue in the Arcade Bloater boss level where Infected would not jump down from balcony
  • Fixed cases where Gambits would appear that are impossible to complete in certain encounters
  • Fixed issues in Garage Bloater boss level where player could become unreachable by Infected
  • Fixed an issue where Clicker kills were not counting toward Challenge goals
  • Fixed an issue where detailed statistics weren't displayed after a No Return encounter
  • Fixed issues related to the “Stealth Kills Boost Movement” speed modifier
  • Dropped bombs from enemies no longer negatively count towards player’s accuracy statistics
  • Mirror gameplay modifiers can no longer be enabled in No Return
Other Modes
  • [Guitar Free Play] Fixed an issue that prevented one Nylon Guitar string from playing
  • [Lost Levels] Multiple bug fixes for commentary bubble counters
General
  • Multiple UI tweaks and improvements throughout game, particularly within No Return
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when progressing naturally from Santa Barbara to the Epilogue
  • Players can now enable the Director Commentary without having to first beat the Story
  • Fixed an issue where the main menu's boat scene may not correctly match the player's current level of story progression
  • Fixed an issue where the incorrect weapon skin would be active while in a workbench
  • Fixed an issue which allowed gameplay modifiers to inadvertently affect 'Making Of' content
  • Fixed an issue where the main menu's scene may not correctly match the player's current level of story progression
  • Fixed an issue where game could become temporarily locked at 40 FPS in uncommon boot conditions
  • Fixed an issue with Model Viewer preview display
  • Fixed an issue where Bow Resistance could be locked with Adaptive Triggers enabled
  • Fixed multiple issues with PS4 save data imports
  • Fixed issue where player may become stuck on a black screen after quitting and reopening game with a completed save file
  • [No Return] Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing the final score of a Daily Run
  • [No Return] Fixed an issue where players were unable to change weapon skins for certain characters
Localization
  • Various minor localization fixes across multiple languages
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when text language is set to Japanese, Simplified Chinese, or Traditional Chinese, specifically while navigating through menus

Already love Joel and Tommy in No Return. Nice to hear they fixed the melee issue

Reactions: Gamernyc78

ElCapitano

11 Mar 2023
Part 3 is coming baby!!!

Might be a long wait but it's coming.

Personally I think it's been in development a bit longer than Neil is letting on.

New IP will still be first of course but they already confirmed multiple single player games in development last year.

One of them has to be part 3.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Part 3 is coming baby!!!

Might be a long wait but it's coming.

Personally I think it's been in development a bit longer than Neil is letting on.

New IP will still be first of course but they already confirmed multiple single player games in development last year.

One of them has to be part 3.
At least we know we got a last and final farewell of dopeness!

Reactions: ElCapitano

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Just finished the game. I personally enjoyed TLOU1 more as far as the story goes. That said, this game was good. The animations were second to none. The cast performances were awesome. I agree the weapon animations at the toolbench get to be a bit tedious, but they look like real life when you do it. I didn't like the way they did the timeline going back and forth years or weeks at a time, though I understand why they chose to go that route. I never felt attached to any character, especially the way they did Abby and Ellie. The closest I had to an attachment was with Joel, as it was there form part 1 for me.

I am looking forward to TLOU3!

With Abby being alive and sailing off into the sunset and Dina leaving Ellie and the farm behind, I have to wonder if we will see Abby return in TLOU3? Maybe Abby and Ellie will end up living together happily ever after....😎