The Last Of Us HBO TV Show |OT| Discussion (Spoilers)

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Cutting lose from strictly adhering to the games plot allowed them to tell the best story in the show so far.

63d816547bddc.image.jpg

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Maybe its just me but it feels like they're structuring the show as "Ellie and Joel run into the next self-enclosed chapter" with each story, and I'm ok with that.

They're equivalent to 1/3rd of the way through the game in terms of chapters.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It would've been nice to see Ellie and Bill interact. It's kind of interesting how they changed Bill's character to someone who achieved redemption and a "happy ending" in his story instead of in the game where we leave him presumably to die bitter and alone after learning of Frank's death. I'm unsure of how this fits into the bigger picture of the series as a whole. Fantastic acting jobs btw, Nick Offerman killed it.

• fire
OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It would've been nice to see Ellie and Bill interact. It's kind of interesting how they changed Bill's character to someone who achieved redemption and a "happy ending" in his story instead of in the game where we leave him presumably to die bitter and alone after learning of Frank's death. I'm unsure of how this fits into the bigger picture of the series as a whole. Fantastic acting jobs btw, Nick Offerman killed it.
It fits in showing Joel that he should protect the people he loves and are important to him. You can really see how the deaths and the letter deeply affect him with how he changes expression and behaves in the end of the episode by telling Ellie she should wear the seatbelt.
I think this episode is when things click for Joel and he begins to take Ellie more seriously and will begin looking at her like his child. I’m betting we’ll see their relationship flesh out more and more from now on.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think they're making new threads anytime there's news about the show so there's no real OT.

but an OT is a good idea. This could be it, just change the title 😁

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
BTW there are some really cool videos on youtube of a doctor discussing each episode.... he usually has a really interesting perspective or insight on the medical / scientific side.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
If you guys want me to sticky this to the top area, let me know....so it doesn't drop down to the lower pages...

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If you guys want me to sticky this to the top area, let me know....so it doesn't drop down to the lower pages...
There are so many stickies already. It should be like 2 or 3 max. I don't have a solution for threads that get lost but I'm not sure about stickies 😕

• sad

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
There are so many stickies already. It should be like 2 or 3 max. I don't have a solution for threads that get lost but I'm not sure about stickies 😕

Well, I see about 3 threads that I can remove from stickies..... and I could add this one. So it would tidy things up. If you concur?