The Last of Us Part I Rebuilt for PS5 - Features and Gameplay Trailer | PS5 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They are using the same core game as the PS3/PS4 game with upgraded graphics.

That is what we call remaster.

They did the same (maybe even hard and bigger changes due the architecture differences) when they ported TLOU from PS3 to PS4.

The visuals are really stunning 😍

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
Big improvements,not as big as we hoped though. Seems more like the E3 demo they showed before the actual release game got downgraded back then.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
It's a remaster larping as a remake.

id buy that for a dollar GIF

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Some notes
  • Physics based objects improved, even from TLOU PT II (environmental destruction looks great)
  • AI system based on TLOU PT II
  • Buddy AI system based on TLOU PT II
  • Revamped the audio to leverage 3D audio
  • Motion matching
  • Countless additions to game modes and accessibility options
Saying this is "the same game" is just dishonest at this point. The AI improvements they listed alone should yield a vastly different and improved experience, especially on higher levels of difficulty. To grab the original game, rebuilt it from scratch on a new engine, and still add all of the above on top (plus all new graphics and art direction) seems pretty good to me. I'm happy they kept the original voice recordings and motion capture, that we we can ensure the delivery is still the same and doesn't risk changing story beats.

I am disappointed about the lack of Prone and Dodge, but the later is the only one I'll be missing that much. Level design itself would have been needed to be adjusted to account for prone.

Is it worth $70? It's a bit steep, so I get the criticism there, and I think $50 would have been a more adequate price, but i'll bee keeping my pre-order and will play it to death once it comes back.

Edit: Seems like folk such as @Remember_Spinal were correct on the jump mechanic, unless there are things they didn't show us, so I wanted to add that here.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
That is what we call remaster.

That's what you call a remaster. The game has been remade, entire systems changed, lots of stuff added. Not a remaster, a remake. You can keep on being wrong though, it's not like you're usually right anyway or don't make a fool of yourself in most discussions.

They did the same (maybe even hard and bigger changes due the architecture differences) when they ported TLOU from PS3 to PS4.

Animated GIF

The PS4 remaster was just a port from Cell to X86 with higher res, better framerate and cleaned up assets. You really are clueless.

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
I don't understand all these defense forces popping up. If something was that good it shouldn't have so many against it. This remaster has way too much backlash. That's telling. RE remakes don't have this backslash. Know why because they are very good remakes. There's no consumer doubt.

If you have to come out & try & convince/persuade people about your game. You know you are full of shit. If the game was fire you would just drop a gameplay trailer. "Let the games do the talking" Capcom has mastered the art of remakes. They just show you the game. This dev diary-speaking rubbish is MS,Apple level cringe. Imagine Gucci and Nike with shitty videos like this. Just let the sports person/model wear the shoe. Create a cool AD.

Built from the ground up rubbish disappeared real quick. Now built for PS5. This shit can run on PS4. This is just a remaster. Better visuals and using TLOU2 engine. Aint a remake jack. Demon souls & RE games are remakes. Especially Demon Souls. Still the second-best-looking game this gen.(Ratchet is number 1 of course)

SmartSelect_20220722-091517_Twitter.jpg

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That's what you call a remaster. The game has been remade, entire systems changed, lots of stuff added. Not a remaster, a remake. You can keep on being wrong though, it's not like you're usually right anyway or don't make a fool of yourself in most discussions.

Whats new?
Aren’t the cutscene animations and voice acting the same?

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don't understand all these defense forces popping up. If something was that good it shouldn't have so many against it. This remaster has way too much backlash. That's telling. RE remakes don't have this backslash. Know why because they are very good remakes. There's no consumer doubt.

You haven't played the game to determine it's quality. And it's a remake.

Built from the ground up rubbish disappeared real quick. Now built for PS5. This shit can run on PS4. This is just a remaster. Better visuals and using TLOU2 engine. Aint a remake jack. Demon souls & RE games are remakes. Especially Demon Souls. Still the second-best-looking game this gen.(Ratchet is number 1 of course)

It factually can't run on a PS4. As for Demon's Souls, the list of changes for this remake is arguably bigger than Demon's Souls remake.

So no NEW combat like TLOU2? Larger areas? Enemy AI?

Enemy AI is based on TLOU PT II. Same as companion AI

Aren’t the cutscene animations and voice acting the same?

I've listed the changes in my post.

Reactions: Hobbygaming

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Honestly don't know what all the fuss is about this remake being a cash grab.

Simply don't buy it.

Personally I am done with TLOU. Literally played the hell out of it. The game could be 10 pounds and I wouldn't be interested.

I bet if this was Nintendo no one would have an issue. Wind Waker HD, Skyward Sword HD etc. didn't get the same uproar.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Honestly don't know what all the fuss is about this remake being a cash grab.

Simply don't buy it.

Personally I am done with TLOU. Literally played the hell out of it. The game could be 10 pounds and I wouldn't be interested.

I bet if this was Nintendo no one would have an issue. Wind Waker HD, Skyward Sword HD etc. didn't get the same uproar.

Precisely. Nobody is forcing people to buy it, nobody is forcing people to like it, nobody is forcing people to look at it.

IMO this is just another fake outrage created by a certain camp of people that have to shit on every single thing Sony does. Some of the criticism being made of this remake is laughable, especially when people praise Shadow of Colossus or Demon's Souls, which also have some changes made to them, but they are also limited in scope (if one is to consider level design and AI, they are pretty much identical to the original).

If this game had changed the fundamentals of TLOU, people would be complaining about it changing too much, or making the game "woke, or whatever. Since it doesn't change enough, people complain.

GOW Ragnarok is a DLC, Miles Morales is a DLC, HFW doesn't add anything (which is a blatant lie), GT7 is just GT6, etc. It's the same old story.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Precisely. Nobody is forcing people to buy it, nobody is forcing people to like it, nobody is forcing people to look at it.

IMO this is just another fake outrage created by a certain camp of people that have to shit on every single thing Sony does. Some of the criticism being made of this remake is laughable, especially when people praise Shadow of Colossus or Demon's Souls, which also have some changes made to them, but they are limited in scope (if one is to consider level design and AI, they are pretty much identical to the original).

If this game had changed the fundamentals of TLOU, people would be complaining about it changing too much, or making the game "woke, or whatever. Since it doesn't change enough, people complain.

GOW Ragnarok is a DLC, Miles Morales is a DLC, HFW doesn't add anything (which is a blatant lie), GT7 is just GT6, etc. It's the same old story.

We all know who they are.

They had no issue with Halo Master Chief Collection or Gears of war ultimate edition.

For me TLOU remake is targeted more at new gamers after watching the TV series and PC gamers.

Don't like the price then don't buy it. Play the OG PS3 version or the remastered PS4 version if you want.

Don't complain and call it a cash grab when you have a choice.

For me a cash grab is when you are FORCED to buy something. The Kinect with the Xbone on launch is a great example.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
They had no issue with Halo Master Chief Collection or Gears of war ultimate edition.

For me TLOU remake is targeted more at new gamers after watching the TV series and PC gamers.

Don't like the price then don't buy it. Play the OG PS3 version or the remastered PS4 version if you want.

Don't complain and call it a cash grab when you have a choice.

For me a cash grab is when you are FORCED to buy something. The Kinect with the Xbone on launch is a great example.

Or when Destiny locked players out of certain progression with DLC (stuff that was reachable prior to said DLC). That's a cashgrab.

Nobody forces people to spend money on this, the same way nobody forced me to buy TLOU PT II collectors edition and the Amazon Steelbook, simply because I wanted to have the 2 different steelbooks that released with the game.

It's a choice.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Big improvements,not as big as we hoped though. Seems more like the E3 demo they showed before the actual release game got downgraded back then.
FUD from 9 years ago? Come on now. Those things happen in the game just not rehearsed like that and the guys examples are weird, probalby some low difficulty setting or bugged game somehow.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Or when Destiny locked players out of certain progression with DLC (stuff that was reachable prior to said DLC). That's a cashgrab.

Nobody forces people to spend money on this, the same way nobody forced me to buy TLOU PT II collectors edition and the Amazon Steelbook, simply because I wanted to have the 2 different steelbooks that released with the game.

It's a choice.

The inflated price of the PS3 on launch with a Blu-Ray player is another example.

Reactions: Darth Vader
Status
Not open for further replies.