The Last of Us Part I Rebuilt for PS5 - Features and Gameplay Trailer | PS5 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I don't understand all these defense forces popping up. If something was that good it shouldn't have so many against it. This remaster has way too much backlash. That's telling. RE remakes don't have this backslash. Know why because they are very good remakes. There's no consumer doubt.

If you have to come out & try & convince/persuade people about your game. You know you are full of shit. If the game was fire you would just drop a gameplay trailer. "Let the games do the talking" Capcom has mastered the art of remakes. They just show you the game. This dev diary-speaking rubbish is MS,Apple level cringe. Imagine Gucci and Nike with shitty videos like this. Just let the sports person/model wear the shoe. Create a cool AD.

Built from the ground up rubbish disappeared real quick. Now built for PS5. This shit can run on PS4. This is just a remaster. Better visuals and using TLOU2 engine. Aint a remake jack. Demon souls & RE games are remakes. Especially Demon Souls. Still the second-best-looking game this gen.(Ratchet is number 1 of course)

SmartSelect_20220722-091517_Twitter.jpg
Ooo thats a can of worms. I dont think RE3make is considered a good Remake, missing so much from OG RE3 and when compared to RE2make. We need more RE discussion here at Icon :)

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
We all know who they are.

They had no issue with Halo Master Chief Collection or Gears of war ultimate edition.

For me TLOU remake is targeted more at new gamers after watching the TV series and PC gamers.

Don't like the price then don't buy it. Play the OG PS3 version or the remastered PS4 version if you want.

Don't complain and call it a cash grab when you have a choice.

For me a cash grab is when you are FORCED to buy something. The Kinect with the Xbone on launch is a great example.
I think cash grab is more the intent to put low effort in and make a quick buck by developers.

Weather they have done or not is debateable I guess, lots of people seem upset about no TLOU2 combat but weren't most people impressed with TLOU1 "punch lasers" at the time?

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
@David Jaffe did a video on the Last of us Part 1 Remake and to me shuts a lot of people up.

I understand if you already own LAST OF US REMASTER so waiting for a sale is def what I'm doing. But to say like some youtubers cough, cough Destin that the game doesn't have more going on than just a visual upgrade in character models/lighting/assets is wrong.

Again people like Destin being knee jerk idiots.

F0zEUmRG_400x400.jpg

People like this to me have no clue wtf they are talking about.

What sucks is Destin has a hot as fuck wife, so he's doing something right in his life, which to me matters more than video games.

But Destin seriously you are making yourself look like all the colteastwood idiots. Dont.

Reactions: Hobbygaming

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I don't understand all these defense forces popping up. If something was that good it shouldn't have so many against it. This remaster has way too much backlash. That's telling. RE remakes don't have this backslash. Know why because they are very good remakes. There's no consumer doubt.

If you have to come out & try & convince/persuade people about your game. You know you are full of shit. If the game was fire you would just drop a gameplay trailer. "Let the games do the talking" Capcom has mastered the art of remakes. They just show you the game. This dev diary-speaking rubbish is MS,Apple level cringe. Imagine Gucci and Nike with shitty videos like this. Just let the sports person/model wear the shoe. Create a cool AD.

Built from the ground up rubbish disappeared real quick. Now built for PS5. This shit can run on PS4. This is just a remaster. Better visuals and using TLOU2 engine. Aint a remake jack. Demon souls & RE games are remakes. Especially Demon Souls. Still the second-best-looking game this gen.(Ratchet is number 1 of course)

SmartSelect_20220722-091517_Twitter.jpg
You clearly didn't see the reaction to re3 remake, that had leaks before release and you better believe people were shocked about no clock tower section, gravedigger and a whole bunch or other things cut. The backlash to re3 remake was so severe it got people bitching at re2 remake due to its weak attempt at an a and b scenario and they skipped that part of re2 that showed up in re0. That being said I love re3 remake and how the game played and the liberties they took with Carlos. But let's not forget the hatred Capcom got from re3 remake.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think cash grab is more the intent to put low effort in and make a quick buck by developers.

Weather they have done or not is debateable I guess, lots of people seem upset about no TLOU2 combat but weren't most people impressed with TLOU1 "punch lasers" at the time?
I'd argue that rebuilding a whole game in a new engine, with new lighting, char models, add completely new AI, and more, is not low effort. I'd consider low effort some of the switch remasters which are just the same game at higher res.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You gotta appreciate the craziness that comes with Sony games, more specifically Naughty Dog

We got people trying to change what a remake is now

True.

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
Honestly don't know what all the fuss is about this remake being a cash grab.

Simply don't buy it.

Personally I am done with TLOU. Literally played the hell out of it. The game could be 10 pounds and I wouldn't be interested.

I bet if this was Nintendo no one would have an issue. Wind Waker HD, Skyward Sword HD etc. didn't get the same uproar.
Everything has to be a statement. Also not getting it. At least Sony can pull the Nintendo strategy of releasing a fan favourite game after some backlash now.

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
FUD from 9 years ago? Come on now. Those things happen in the game just not rehearsed like that and the guys examples are weird, probalby some low difficulty setting or bugged game somehow.
He addressed all of that. Played it on the hardest difficulty before grounded was added. Played it on grounded on the remaster for his TLOU 2 video,still able to make the AI look stupid and not do anything like the E3 demo.

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
True.

I understand and even agree with some of the criticism but arguing that this isn't a remake is just weird. It is by every definition a remake.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

I think that has more to do with diminishing returns in graphics as opposed to effort.

But People have a choice to buy it or not. If they aren't happy with a product compared to the price then don't buy it.

Applies to everything not just gaming.

No one is grabbing your cash.

Play the OG PS3 version or the remastered PS4 version. Bet the same people complaining won't be touching these versions cause they now look dated.

Reactions: Swift_Star

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
He addressed all of that. Played it on the hardest difficulty before grounded was added. Played it on grounded on the remaster for his TLOU 2 video,still able to make the AI look stupid and not do anything like the E3 demo.
Again, absolutely stupid to make a bunch of lowlights videos and then pretend the game doesn't do any of those things when in fact it does most of them. It's specially stupid when you consider that the enemy AI in TLoU was way above average for a game of that generation.

"Able to make the AI look stupid", able to make himself looks stupid if anything.

A game so strong that it gets criticized by what it does better than most games, that's the level only studios like ND are able to achieve.

edit: After all the crying that TLoU Part 2 ruined Part 1 we find out that Part 1 was bad all along. I just wonder what game these people that criticize TLoU so much are playing. :LOL:

You gotta appreciate the craziness that comes with Sony games, more specifically Naughty Dog

We got people trying to change what a remake is now
I loved the days that people were bothered by the ludonarrative dissonance in their games simply because their characters were a lot more human and relatable than what you get in other games, them being murderers started bothering people.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That's what you call a remaster. The game has been remade, entire systems changed, lots of stuff added. Not a remaster, a remake. You can keep on being wrong though, it's not like you're usually right anyway or don't make a fool of yourself in most discussions.

Animated GIF

The PS4 remaster was just a port from Cell to X86 with higher res, better framerate and cleaned up assets. You really are clueless.
What you think about me has nothing to do with what ND did… and I don’t remember making fool of myself in discussions and when I’m wrong I accept it and even apologize that is not the case here.

You can believe and call it a Remake but it is technically a Remaster and it is not the first time a company calls a technically remaster as remake just for marketing.

What the difference between that remaster and the PS3 to PS4 remaster? I have the feeling they had to rebuild way more code with PS4 remaster than what they are doing now.

They are using the same code with upgraded graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.